Canadiana013

k1-ers waiting for Montreal

397 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah...Packet 4 arrived today...no sign of Packet 3 though...glad to have had the advice of others to go ahead and send in the documents of Packet 3...thank you everyone for the support!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just had to share this with everyone............ I just received today in the mail my PKT3. It was dated May20, 2011 and sent May 27, 2011. I received my Pkt 4 on April 15th, 2011 but more interesting is that the fact that I had my interview on May 18th. Hmmmmmmm

Thought I'd share.

OH and found out today that they delivered my Visa to Dorval Quebec DHL location waiting for me to pick up there. I had registered for a city 8 hours away from there. Anyway, I think they have resolved the issue but my nerves are a bit shot.

You guys are my link to sanity throughout this process. Thank you. blink.gif

Aug. 11/2010 - NOA1 (VSC)

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Feb. 14/2011 - NVC received

Feb 28/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 3

End of Mar. /2011 - found wonderful help on VJ

Mar. 30/2011 - mailed pkt 3 to Consulate

April 8/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 4

April 15/2011 - Pkt 4 received

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Interview - May 18/2011 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just had to share this with everyone............ I just received today in the mail my PKT3. It was dated May20, 2011 and sent May 27, 2011. I received my Pkt 4 on April 15th, 2011 but more interesting is that the fact that I had my interview on May 18th. Hmmmmmmm

Thought I'd share.

OH and found out today that they delivered my Visa to Dorval Quebec DHL location waiting for me to pick up there. I had registered for a city 8 hours away from there. Anyway, I think they have resolved the issue but my nerves are a bit shot.

YAYYY!! good.gif Congratulations!!!! so does this mean you get to make your wedding date??

Timeline

Thank you! :)

I am going to hold off on being extremely grateful and excited until I have it in hand!

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Timeline

Well DOS Visa Services tells me that my fiance's visa was printed a week ago. They are going to put in a request to see why it has not been sent yet. I think it is because the Consulate switched from the passport we registered with CSC site and instead used her brand new Canadian passport. Now maybe they don't see that as registered. They told us not to change anything on the CSC site though. I emailed the consulate as well. This is so very frustrating. At least I dont have to worry about AP or anything so now I'm just getting impatient as I know how hard it can be to contact Montreal.

Teday have you called DOS 1-202-663-1225? what have they told you?

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thought I'd share.

I never got my Packet 3 either... until 2 days ago. It was also dated May 20. Odd things going on in Montreal.

And I am still waiting for my visa :(

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Wow , yes odd things happening in Montreal! My mom said it seems like there are two parallel universes operating there. HA!

Yes, I called DOS several times and all I got was that there was no change in status on my file. Basically that I would just have to wait.

I also called the contact number for the Consulate and each time they told me that they have the same information as we can see on the account on the website. When I asked if there was someone to talk to who knew more information about where it may be at that point, I was told a resounding "no" and "have a good day" and " good luck". hmmmm

I wish there was someone who could organize a tracking system from the Consulate - it would save us the worry and frustration of not knowing anything, timeframes, etc etc . We humans feel much better when we have answers or a place to seek answers and actually get some. OR ( I think this is the answer ) someone to set up , printing and getting the visa to you on the day of your interview. We are there anyway and I am sure none of us would mind waiting another few hours to have in hand. ( even the next day - I would have stayed and waited )

I have been on the phone to DHL as well, now that I have a waybill number and I finally got someone who thought it important enough to see what happened and how to get it to the right branch. The first phone call I made there, the lady told me I had to go to Dorval and pick it up. ( I live in Ontario 8-9 hours away from Dorval )

There was no other way to get it, besides paying them to get it to me. A lot of miscommunication and misinformation out there. I was ready to drive back to quebec to get it and/or pay whatever to have it. They have said it will be at my branch tomorrow BUT I am waiting til I have it in hand..........then you will hear me scream from wherever you are. :)

SF2007, have you called anyone? DOS? Consulate? I am sure you have..............My fiance's mom contacted the local US Senator yesterday ( Unbeknownst to me until after the fact ) - I am not sure if that made any difference but anything is worth a try. I will send out positive vibes everywhere for all waiting. This is the hardest part. So close............

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow , yes odd things happening in Montreal! My mom said it seems like there are two parallel universes operating there. HA!

Yes, I called DOS several times and all I got was that there was no change in status on my file. Basically that I would just have to wait.

I also called the contact number for the Consulate and each time they told me that they have the same information as we can see on the account on the website. When I asked if there was someone to talk to who knew more information about where it may be at that point, I was told a resounding "no" and "have a good day" and " good luck". hmmmm

I wish there was someone who could organize a tracking system from the Consulate - it would save us the worry and frustration of not knowing anything, timeframes, etc etc . We humans feel much better when we have answers or a place to seek answers and actually get some. OR ( I think this is the answer ) someone to set up , printing and getting the visa to you on the day of your interview. We are there anyway and I am sure none of us would mind waiting another few hours to have in hand. ( even the next day - I would have stayed and waited )

I have been on the phone to DHL as well, now that I have a waybill number and I finally got someone who thought it important enough to see what happened and how to get it to the right branch. The first phone call I made there, the lady told me I had to go to Dorval and pick it up. ( I live in Ontario 8-9 hours away from Dorval )

There was no other way to get it, besides paying them to get it to me. A lot of miscommunication and misinformation out there. I was ready to drive back to quebec to get it and/or pay whatever to have it. They have said it will be at my branch tomorrow BUT I am waiting til I have it in hand..........then you will hear me scream from wherever you are. :)

SF2007, have you called anyone? DOS? Consulate? I am sure you have..............My fiance's mom contacted the local US Senator yesterday ( Unbeknownst to me until after the fact ) - I am not sure if that made any difference but anything is worth a try. I will send out positive vibes everywhere for all waiting. This is the hardest part. So close............

Where did you get the waybill number?? did it finally appear on the CSC website??

sending safe travel positive thoughts for your visa to arrive tomorrow!! smile.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance and I call DOS, we write the consulate and we requested our senator's office assistance. I really can't think of anything else we could do about it. I passed my medical and they've had it since mid May. I'm out of options but to wait. Again.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Thanks S and P :) Yes, it just appeared there when I logged in. Took me by surprise.

SF2007 - It will come! I think we all know how you are feeling. It has to come soon.

I'll say a little prayer for you guys.

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all!

I finally received my Packet 4 for my fiance, but the first available interview date was September 14 (yuck!). I'm going to keep checking back to see if I can re-schedule something for earlier, but if not... we'll be ok. Given the date, we're shooting for October 1 as a wedding date -- so I hope it works out! Crossing my fingers to get an earlier interview. Any pointers on how to do this?

Also, when I received my Packet 4 information, it said that my fiance needs to bring 'Evidence of Domicile' on the checklist. Can anyone tell me what they've done for this for their interviews? I'm a little confused...

2010-11-22: I-129F Sent

2010-11-23: I-129F Received

2010-11-29: NOA1

2010-12-29: Touched

2011-03-18: Touched

2011-04-15: NOA2

2011-04-25: NVC Received

2011-05-06: Packet 3 Issued

2011-06-04: Packet 3 Logged/Packet 4 Sent (Delayed as we forgot the DS-160)

2011-08-02: Medical

2011-08-08: Interview - APPROVED

2011-08-12: Visa @ DHL

2011-08-16: POE at Winnipeg International Airport

2011-08-17: Wedding

Hi all!

I finally received my Packet 4 for my fiance, but the first available interview date was September 14 (yuck!). I'm going to keep checking back to see if I can re-schedule something for earlier, but if not... we'll be ok. Given the date, we're shooting for October 1 as a wedding date -- so I hope it works out! Crossing my fingers to get an earlier interview. Any pointers on how to do this?

Also, when I received my Packet 4 information, it said that my fiance needs to bring 'Evidence of Domicile' on the checklist. Can anyone tell me what they've done for this for their interviews? I'm a little confused...

I've been refreshing the interview booking for almost a month straight and the date has only gotten further and further away. It's probably advisable to plan for a later wedding date, at this point :(

(I didn't even want to set ours until I had the visa in hand but there's been some complications with living situations and jobs and parents and such, but we've made sure everything is refundable, should there be any delay)

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been refreshing the interview booking for almost a month straight and the date has only gotten further and further away. It's probably advisable to plan for a later wedding date, at this point :(

(I didn't even want to set ours until I had the visa in hand but there's been some complications with living situations and jobs and parents and such, but we've made sure everything is refundable, should there be any delay)

Oh my gosh! I was just reading through this forum and trying to compare people's signatures (when they were approved in the interview vs. when they received their visa in the mail), feeling somewhat disheartened about pushing my wedding back again, when I decided to sign on to the interview scheduling system. Completely random, but there was an availability on August 8, five weeks earlier! I'm so thankful!

Edited by BM Canada

2010-11-22: I-129F Sent

2010-11-23: I-129F Received

2010-11-29: NOA1

2010-12-29: Touched

2011-03-18: Touched

2011-04-15: NOA2

2011-04-25: NVC Received

2011-05-06: Packet 3 Issued

2011-06-04: Packet 3 Logged/Packet 4 Sent (Delayed as we forgot the DS-160)

2011-08-02: Medical

2011-08-08: Interview - APPROVED

2011-08-12: Visa @ DHL

2011-08-16: POE at Winnipeg International Airport

2011-08-17: Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my gosh! I was just reading through this forum and trying to compare people's signatures (when they were approved in the interview vs. when they received their visa in the mail), feeling somewhat disheartened about pushing my wedding back again, when I decided to sign on to the interview scheduling system. Completely random, but there was an availability on August 8, five weeks earlier! I'm so thankful!

Silly me went on'just to see' and a "Fri Aug 19th date is open. I already have fights/hotel booked so I will keep my Tues Aug 23rd appointment, however if a cancellation at the beginning of June or end of July came up I would pay the change fees lol. Oh well, what is and extra couple days at this point? I just really want my visa back by the latest Sept. 8th which is 11 days after the interview(yes plans can be changed but I don't want to!)

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

After what I just went through , planning my wedding 2 and a half weeks after my interview, I would suggest you plan the wedding a little later than 2 weeks after the interview.

I would have had mine a little sooner had they not made a mistake and delivered to the wrong DHL location ( 8 hours away from me ) . If I wanted to make my wedding I had to drive to Dorval to pick it up myself or email the Consulate and wait for a response as to why they delivered my package there.....hmmm...... I chose to go get it myself.

For those of you who have been following............. I made it to my wedding , literally arriving in town an hour and a half before the wedding, after driving 24 hours to get the visa, cross the border and get to my new home town. PHEW!

Still in a bit of a daze BUT HAPPY! :)

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.