Alou0154

Starting the process

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone,

In June of last year I proposed to my fiancee after visiting her on on May 1st, 2010.

Getting into this we knew we were going to be in for a long process and for awhile a long distance

relationship. Today I received her G-325A in the mail and on Friday February 11 I plan on sending the whole package out.

What I wonder for the most part or what we both wonder. Is how realistic is it to think that she will be here in August 2011? Is this just wishful thinking? I understand that some things can happen or some things might pop up.

I am crossing the t's and dotting the i's in this process. What would you say is the average till I am able to hold her in my arms living together?

Thank you for any and all answers.

I would say she would more likely be here by Christmas or if you are lucky Thanksgiving. Currently the first part of the process is taking about 6 months, then on tho NVC then to the embassy and to interview.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I second that. It would be very unlikely. I am biting my nails hoping my fiance gets here for our planned wedding in August 2011, and we sent in our application on September 2. It will be at least 5 months for the first phase in the process (likely 6), and then a few months past that for processing at the consulate.

Good luck!

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.