VolimTe

medical exam to interview

10 posts in this topic

my fiance had his medical exam on Friday, the 4th my question is how come they scheduled his interview on February 17th and i know that the medical exam is only valid for 5-7 days :( ... DID anyone have this issue???? shld we call back? jst to make sure..:/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

who told you THAT???

the medical done by the panel physician is good for ONE YEAR!!!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

5-7 days? Where did you hear that?

The medical for k1 is valid for a year is it not?

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

ok i guess i didnt put it in good words. :S it doesnt expire in 7 days but its not goodd if its older than 7 days :( i guess it depends on the US embassies overseas :/ aaah i might be overreacting on things like this but i jst dont want something to go wrong :( or like delay his approval or deny him I HOPE NOT ...id die.. :S im sure most of u know how it feeels when u just dnt want to mess up something when u r at the end... and our visa went by pretty fast some ppl wait yrsss to come here...id appreciate any help, ideas

Edited by Jovana-Danijel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

ok i guess i didnt put it in good words. :S it doesnt expire in 7 days but its not goodd if its older than 7 days :( i guess it depends on the US embassies overseas :/ aaah i might be overreacting on things like this but i jst dont want something to go wrong :( or like delay his approval or deny him I HOPE NOT ...id die.. :S im sure most of u know how it feeels when u just dnt want to mess up something when u r at the end... and our visa went by pretty fast some ppl wait yrsss to come here...id appreciate any help, ideas

Actually I already looked into it because I wanted to get everything together asap, and the medical examination is valid for 5 to 6 months, not days. This is what I was told when I called the embassy doctor, I know some things change according to the country but I believe it doesn't change that much.

* Love conquers all *

Actually I already looked into it because I wanted to get everything together asap, and the medical examination is valid for 5 to 6 months, not days. This is what I was told when I called the embassy doctor, I know some things change according to the country but I believe it doesn't change that much.

hopefully, thank you for ur help again ..i tried asking in the in my country's forum hopefully they'll answer soon :( i wldnt panic if the doctor didnt say it... when my fiance called for the medical exam she told him that the results shld not be earlier or older than 7 days smthing like that.. :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hopefully, thank you for ur help again ..i tried asking in the in my country's forum hopefully they'll answer soon :( i wldnt panic if the doctor didnt say it... when my fiance called for the medical exam she told him that the results shld not be earlier or older than 7 days smthing like that.. :/

The doctor probably said days instead of months by a mistake, don't worry, everything is gonna be alright! :) Good luck for you guys!!!

* Love conquers all *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Or did the doctor say the results will be ready in 7 days?

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

they usually say, the results will be available for you to pick up in 5-7 business days. =)

======================================================================

K-1 Process

09/03/2010 - NOA1

02/02/2011 - NOA2 text message and an email (~5 months later)

04/26/2011 - Interview! Visa APPROVED and issued! yAAAy

05/20/2011 - POE: LAX

06/03/2011 - Wedding!!

07/07/2011 - Adilet got his SSN!

AOS Process

07/11/2011 - Sent our AOS package (AOS & EAD)

07/13/2011 - NOA1 text message and an email

08/09/2011 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2011 - Email notification that our interview is set for October 14.

09/23/2011 - Email notification that Adilet's EAD is in production.

10/04/2011 - EAD in hands.

10/14/2011 - Interview. GC APPROVED on the spot! Yeah!

11/01/2011 - GC in hands

04/03/2012 - Our beautiful baby girl is born!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.