chman_zinga

Electronic Processing Steps

38 posts in this topic

Can someone please confirm this to me.

My Wife and I are currently going down the I-130/I-29f route / CR1.

They have received our application, and we have already paid the $88 fee online. This is currently showing as 'PAID' on their website.

I phoned up the NVC for the first time today. Just to check they had received my 'Choice of Agent' email.

They have! But, I then asked the operator if my email about choosing electronic processing had been received and acted upon.

This is when I was told that my case does not support electronic processing. He kept emphasising 'YOUR CASE'

I was under the impression that I could submit all the documents as pdf's to their email account.

I asked about the large I-864, and the operator confirmed this will have to be posted out (I asked him 'snail mail?') and he said yes.

Is this true?

Edited by Geordie

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have rang again, and a different operator confirmed the same thing.

Pressing her I was told that Electronic Processing is not available for every country.

*&$£@#!!

Why this makes a difference in how they receive our documents I do not know! :(

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Geordie -

It makes a difference because only four consulates are set up for electronic processing. The EP is still a pilot program, and hasn't been widely rolled out to the entire system.

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

CanadaLove;

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Geordie - sorry, UK not handle EP at all - not available to you.

Suggest you follow the online payment portal how-to, instead, up at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks, you too. :)

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Saylin;

I received an email from NVC with following content

"All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview."

Does that mean our case has been approved at NVC ?

Have you received any such email or We received because We had an RFE?

Chman_Zinga

Grats on getting to NVC! Make sure you have everything prepared and you can fly through NVC.

And thanks. I created that blog to document our journey and my intention was that it would help others.

Good luck on your journey!

Hi Saylin;

I received an email from NVC with following content

"All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview."

Does that mean our case has been approved at NVC ?

Have you received any such email or We received because We had an RFE?

Chman_Zinga

That's the case complete email! Congrats! kicking.gifkicking.gif I got the same email last week!

Now to just wait for an interview date like me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.