limah

education question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all.

I am planning to go to school for nurse practitioner in January. I just received all my admissions paperwork in the mail today. I haven't been to school for about 9 years. That aint bad tho, right? Ha! I was reading some other posts about SO's wanting them to drop everything and come there to be with them until the case is finalized. That is not my case even though we have talked about it. We know thats not possible cuz we'd need a co-sponsor and I cant borrow $10 if I needed it.

I've also read how certain people have stopped going to school and it's been hard to resume studies. Yea, I stopped going way b4 I met my husband. Also, I saw someone asking about assistance for housing. I am nowhere near the AOS phase, as neither of our apps have been approved. I'm the USC btw.

I wanted to know that when I start classes in January, will I not be able to apply for financial aid for educational purposes? Incha Allah my husband will be here by the end of the year. I haven't even really looked at the AOS form, yet cuz we're not there. I know they dont want the beneficiary to become a "financial responsibility", but am I gonna have to pay outta my pocket for this? I hope my questions make sense.

Any help/replies/suggestions????

Thanx Family (L)(F)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

limah, go to school. Get your nurse credentials. Once you have it on your resume, no one can take it away. You'll have a profession that's in demand. You can live anywhere in the country. Don't worry about being out of the classroom for a while. Devote all your time to your studies.

I'm not sure that receiving financial aid disqualifies you from being a sponsor. Others may know. But it might be best to have a co-sponsor, since you may not have a fat income while you're going to school.

If you concentrate on going to school instead of holding his hand during the visa waiting process, it will be the greatest gift to yourselves as a couple.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good reply, Jersey Girl!

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Greetings!

Go for it!

tips:

* Send transcripts to ECE for accreditation purposes. Make sure to request ECE to send one copy to the school where you want to study , just incase some of it will be credited. And one copy for you to keep. request ofr a course by course accreditation.

* admissions

* Assessment

* FAFSA for financial aid ( US citizen and green card holders)

* Advising seminar/ orientation

* Registration

correction:

im sorry you do not need to send it to ECE because you are from the States....

But in th nursing field most of the subjects are repaeted if it last more than 8 years .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jersey Girl, Thanx! Novotul and I agree. I appreciate that. I know you said you're not sure about the financial aid part and if I would need a co-sponsor.... I hadn't even thought about the co-sponsor part. You think I may need one even if I make over the poverty level?I was asking about him being here and me not being able to apply for "financial aid" for school, as those monies are funds from the government??? Can somebody please let me know? :help: As far as holding his hand jersey girl, I dont think I am? :blush: How would I know that? We talk every morning :P , I call him every night ;) , and think about him ALL DAY :D .

I mean true.... we only talked about my moving there and its not logical, believe me... hes not a selfish guy that would actually have me give up everything. He says that he want me to come there when I call him crying and having "mental" issues. :crying:

Hey, congratulations or Maubrook (arabic) on getting packt #3, what's in that thing? :o:whistle::innocent: Is is different for different countries?

Hey Griffin, thanx on ur info, too. I was gonna say........... What's ECE mean?

ttyl

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.