feanor

Current Poverty Line for the US ?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Why can't she just finish school then obtain a job and file for you then. Why the need to stop her education.

Cause a part-time job won't be enough to show she can support me. i wish she only had to show she could support me for the 3 months till i got my work visa or whatever.

Filed: Timeline

Why can't she just finish school then obtain a job and file for you then. Why the need to stop her education.

She has 2 years of full time school left, and our marriage was suppose to be in 4 months, its long distance and were tired of it, I don't think i can do ti for another 2 years.

She has 2 years of full time school left, and our marriage was suppose to be in 4 months, its long distance and were tired of it,

I don't think i can do ti for another 2 years.

If she stop going to school and get a job so you can come to the usa, are you willing to support and help finance the next two years of her education, when she have the opportunity to start back to school.

Having said that...my fiance DOES have children he supports, but they do not live with him. Do we could household by the size of how many children he has? That would make a big difference. He might just make the cut though...

Life is like a box of chocolates - never know what you're gonna get!

I love my sexy american man!!

It's up to the Embassy whether or not they will allow cosponsors. The U.S. Embassy Manila has been known to allow a cosponsor if a couple is young, educated, and upwardly mobile. They also take into account, among other things, the beneficiary's job potential in the U.S. Their main concern is preventing a beneficiary from becoming a public charge once the beneficiary is in the U.S.

In theory, you should be OK if you have in the bank more than three times the amount needed in the poverty guideline table. However, the consular officers have the final say in the matter.

If I were in your shoes, I would:

1. Build the best financial case possible for myself; income, assets, expenses, etc. Show them that you can support your beneficiary.

2. Attend the beneficiary's interview in order to present your financial case, and to make your personal appeal to the consular officer.

3. Submit the cosponsor's I-134 (and it's supporting documents) at the interview.

4. Submit an I-864 (and it's supporting documents) from the cosponsor at the interview.

The I-864 from a cosponsor actually worked for a friend of mine last summer at USEM. I had read about it once previously here on VJ

Very interesting you say that they submitted both a 134 and 864 for the co sponsor? Why did they decide to do that? What was the benefit?

I thought they are pretty much the same thing.

K-1ers submit an I-864 when they adjust status. The idea behind using the I-864 at the Embassy interview is that it showed the consular officer that once the K-1 beneficiary was in the U.S., the beneficiary would almost certainly have the needed cosponsor in order to adjust status.

The I-134 was submitted just in case the Embassy rejected the I-864.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.