Europeanboy

What does the IO see when they swipe your driving license at the interview?

12 posts in this topic

I think I have read an experience somewhere online of an applican who was mentioning something about your driving license being swiped at the interview? I was wondering what kind of information they can see about you and your background in that way? He was mentioning that they could even see your credit card debt...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your drivers mag strip contains most of the info the DMV has about you. Your name address class of license, organ donor choice and medical restrictions if any.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The words swiped and scanned have different meanings, sounds like this license was scanned swiped infers stealing it. We don't have that in Wisconsin, yet, but should only contain the information on the license. That is what we are told about that passive chip in our US passports. A quick easy way to put all that information into a computer database. Credit score companies have all that information, and even your state or federal IRS has the information. Our state checks that for out of state purchases to make sure you paid them sales tax. Databases on all the vehicles you own and your driving history exists for insurance companies the government also has access to.

So if you forget to write down an arrest for some reason, can be easily checked. Filling out immigration forms is more of a test of your memory or honesty, its amazing the amount of data the corporations and government have on each and everyone of us. During a tax audit, was shocked to learn the financial information they had on me. Said, why do you even make me fill out your crazy poorly written forms, just send me the godamned tax bill.

When I was hit by that crazy kid in what they called an automotive accident, his insurance company manage to get complete medical records of me since the day I was born including my military medical records. Though my VA records in St. Louis were all burnt or at least told that when I applied for VA benefits. Was shocked and completely forgot I sprained my ankle in grade school. Laugh when I go to a medical institution and they tell me about their privacy problem. In my claim, my entire medical history became public records in the court house.

Just about anything you type on your computer is being monitored on the basis of terrorists activity, big brother is watching. The internet is like one huge old fashion party line, anyone can listen in. Not being paranoid when I type this, just aware that we are being watched in practically every move we make. Really don't care, my life is an open book.

I just spoke with one of my friends now. she had her N400 interview a week ago and the IO also swiped her Driving license revealing all the money she owes to credit cards. The IO said that is fine with him because it is not criminal to have credit card debt in this country...

Filed: Other Timeline

Just wait until they can link the nude photo TSA takes of us at the airport to the driver license based on the SSN.

:bonk:

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just spoke with one of my friends now. she had her N400 interview a week ago and the IO also swiped her Driving license revealing all the money she owes to credit cards. The IO said that is fine with him because it is not criminal to have credit card debt in this country...

What state is this in? On very rare occasions, have to show my drivers' license when I use my credit card, but is never scanned. Nothing on it to scan anyway. Somehow that data you owe to the credit card company either has to be written to your drivers's license, or your drivers' license ID information has to be read into a computer based data program to retrieve that information.

Have to agree with JustBob on invasion of our privacy, some talk about implanting chips in each of us for personal identification, but that can be forged equally as well. In theory, the right to privacy is in our Constitution, but rapidly being invaded by a national security issue, plus paying taxes.

Have to comment that the USCIS never asked me if I loved my wife or vice-versa, nor our sex life, to date it has been paying taxes together, owning joint property, and in going into debt together. We were never asked to show our credit cards nor submitted those as proof, your account number should be very private information. But on several occasions our credit cards were compromised, only link I can think of is some hacker working for the IRS.

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Excellent !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think I have read an experience somewhere online of an applican who was mentioning something about your driving license being swiped at the interview? I was wondering what kind of information they can see about you and your background in that way? He was mentioning that they could even see your credit card debt...

I highly doubt financial records are tied to driving licenses. These may be theories out there because I beleive it will be illegal. Why will any state make it possible for police officers to see your financial standings when you've been pulled over for running a stop sign?

Filed: Other Timeline

I highly doubt financial records are tied to driving licenses. These may be theories out there because I beleive it will be illegal. Why will any state make it possible for police officers to see your financial standings when you've been pulled over for running a stop sign?

There is a difference between law enforcement officers of a state and Federal Agents. If a CIA or FBI agent runs your SSN, he'll learn everything about you there is to know.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just wait until they can link the nude photo TSA takes of us at the airport to the driver license based on the SSN.

:bonk:

Person: "Does my lovely behind look too big?"

Government: "...no.."

Person: "Ok"

Government: [Phew..]

Replace first sentence with "do you have access to all my information?" and the dialog has the same outcome.

One thing I don't like about it is the snooping around. And me running my a** off to get 20 passport pictures the right size when they could just share it like they do with the rest anyways. I used to work as a data manager for a professor for some years and was always surprised by the amount of info I had access to that was sensitive but irrelevant to the research.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

The way I see it - if they want to pull your records, they have all the information they need and then some. SSN, address, DOB, etc... I don't think, and this is my personal opinion, they will try to pull records on everything. Probably just to make sure there isn't any criminal record that you have "forgotten" to write down, especially after they run a background check on you. They know they are slow and they realize they create too many loop holes for people to take advantage of and fall through the cracks.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

There is a difference between law enforcement officers of a state and Federal Agents. If a CIA or FBI agent runs your SSN, he'll learn everything about you there is to know.

Ofcourse federal agents can see everything once they run your social security. My question is how can a state merge your financial record with a driving record and make it legible by scanning the drivers license. I'm just curious.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.