daboyz

Thailand Thread

1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

A couple more... one from inside his house and again out front loading what can be saved.

Luckly, they have evacuated to our village.

Bluntly, this ###### is bad..bad, bad, bad. :(

wow, I'm so sorry! I hope the water go down soon so at least the house doesnt have to stand in water for too long.

I'm still heading to Thailand next week.. I'm nt sure how I feel about it :/

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

wow, I'm so sorry! I hope the water go down soon so at least the house doesnt have to stand in water for too long.

I'm still heading to Thailand next week.. I'm nt sure how I feel about it :/

Well, it's depends on where you are going.. Pathum Thani is still submerged, and will be for another 4 weeks...at least. Other family located in Bang Sue are still dry but unsure for how long. My In-laws house is very close to the Chao Praya river ( soi 19 ) and my other family member is on soi 11 and has lost everything.

You might want to consider visiting your local physician before departure. I forsee disease to be a problem soon.

The water is filled with #######.. deceased rats, snakes, soi dogs, garbage, benzine and anything else you can think of. some of the escaped chalawan ( crocs ) have been captured and no attacks so far...

Amazing Thailand

Square Head Sponge Bob's sister is totally worthless.... :(

Timeline

Great, thanks. Yep, cheapest I found was the same price, same airline. Actually, I did find one a couple hundred cheaper on Eithad, but it required a 12+ hour layover.

Korean Air - $1,351 Mid Jan to Mid July on Orbitz

$1,250 + $101 taxes & fees = $1,351 USD per person

Leave

Wed, Jan 11

Korean Air 40

KE.gifDepart: 11:50pm Arrive: 4:40am Chicago, IL (ORD)

Seoul, Korea, Rep. of (ICN)

1 stop

• <LI class=first>Economy
  • 13hr 50min
  • Boeing 747

<BR class=clear>Change planes. Time between flights: 3hr 35min

Korean Air 657

KE.gifDepart: 8:15am Arrive: 12:15pm Seoul, Korea, Rep. of (ICN)

Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)

• 6hr 0min
  • Boeing 737

Total duration: 23hr 25min <BR class=clear>This flight arrives two days later.

Return

Thu, Jul 5

Korean Air 660

KE.gifDepart: 1:25am Arrive: 8:55am Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)

1 stop

• 5hr 30min
  • Boeing 777

<BR class=clear>Change planes. Time between flights: 2hr 45min

Korean Air 37

KE.gifDepart: 11:40am Arrive: 10:35am Seoul, Korea, Rep. of (ICN)

Chicago, IL (ORD)

• 12hr 55min
  • Boeing 77W

Total duration: 21hr 10min

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline

Korean Air - $1,351 Mid Jan to Mid July on Orbitz

$1,250 + $101 taxes & fees = $1,351 USD per person

Leave

Wed, Jan 11

Korean Air 40

KE.gifDepart: 11:50pm Arrive: 4:40am Chicago, IL (ORD)

1 stop

• 13hr 50min
  • Boeing 747

<BR class=clear>Change planes. Time between flights: 3hr 35min

Korean Air 657

KE.gifDepart: 8:15am Arrive: 12:15pm Seoul, Korea, Rep. of (ICN)

Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)

• 6hr 0min
  • Boeing 737

Total duration: 23hr 25min <BR class=clear>This flight arrives two days later.

Return

Thu, Jul 5

Korean Air 660

KE.gifDepart: 1:25am Arrive: 8:55am Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)

1 stop

• 5hr 30min
  • Boeing 777

<BR class=clear>Change planes. Time between flights: 2hr 45min

Korean Air 37

KE.gifDepart: 11:40am Arrive: 10:35am Seoul, Korea, Rep. of (ICN)

Chicago, IL (ORD)

• 12hr 55min
  • Boeing 77W

Total duration: 21hr 10min

Unfortunately, I'm looking for RT flights from BKK to ORD, not ORD to BKK. Thanks anyway though.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Well, it's depends on where you are going.. Pathum Thani is still submerged, and will be for another 4 weeks...at least. Other family located in Bang Sue are still dry but unsure for how long. My In-laws house is very close to the Chao Praya river ( soi 19 ) and my other family member is on soi 11 and has lost everything.

You might want to consider visiting your local physician before departure. I forsee disease to be a problem soon.

The water is filled with #######.. deceased rats, snakes, soi dogs, garbage, benzine and anything else you can think of. some of the escaped chalawan ( crocs ) have been captured and no attacks so far...

Amazing Thailand

What Thanon are those sois off of? I know it's not Sukhumvit. There would be hell to pay if people couldn't get to Q bar or Bed Bar.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Unfortunately, I'm looking for RT flights from BKK to ORD, not ORD to BKK. Thanks anyway though.

That changes things. Contact these folks.

Travex Co.,Ltd.

Tel. +662-638-1600 Ext. 116 (ask to talk to K. Piyanuch or K. Ple)

Email. airticket@travex.co.th

Timeline

That changes things. Contact these folks.

Travex Co.,Ltd.

Tel. +662-638-1600 Ext. 116 (ask to talk to K. Piyanuch or K. Ple)

Email. airticket@travex.co.th

Will do. Thanks for the info. I'll have my wife call and I'll post back the results.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Will do. Thanks for the info. I'll have my wife call and I'll post back the results.

I don't get it. I traveled every week living there and went to a travel agent. When I called them to ask for a deal to go from the US to Thailand, they couldn't help me. Going from Thailand to the US is another story. I think I paid $800 something last time. Granted it was 2007.

Timeline

Amazing Thailand

My sister has a condo in Dusit area next to the palace - no water there yet. Her house near the new airport also at risk - but at the moment, no water yet. I think I'll be at her house, or go to my parents in Bangsaen, Chonburi. I dont think I'll be seeing any flood. I just really hope to see my friends in BKK but it doesnt look like it's happenning. Also no shopping for cheap accesseries lol. Also planning to be in Phuket to visit my grandparents too.

I'm hoping to flu shot for my son but he is still sick (we are all sick) so I might have to get all the shots in Thailand. Planning on buying several OFF bugsprey since my son's mosquito magnet and will leave the rest for my family. There are bugsprey in Thailand but right now people has been buying those I dont know i'l be able to find it there easy enough.

My thought is that I'm afraid what's going to happen after the water goes down. Everytime I've been in Thailand there's something going on. 3 years ago the redshirt burned BKK the first time I almost didnt get to come back. Last year I got stuck in NYC on the way back for a week from snow storm and this year this major flooding in Thailand. It's just make me uneasy when think of what could be wrong and that I'll get stuck somewhere again.

-Anya

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

Flood has become bad in Lat Krabang. My fiance can't get out of his apartment now cause the water is up flooding the first floor. He can't even escape now. What should we do? I don't know how to help him.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

Flood has become bad in Lat Krabang. My fiance can't get out of his apartment now cause the water is up flooding the first floor. He can't even escape now. What should we do? I don't know how to help him.

RELAX

There will people who will circulate looking for folks. Tell him to sit tight. I'm sure he's not in the apartments alone.

Tell him to make sure the electricty is off ( The govt has turned off all electricity in the flooded areas.

RELAX

Timeline

May you all have an enjoyable Loi Krathong!

Wishing all a more trouble free year.

May Buddha bless each and every one of you.

( since it is cancelled in Bangkok, my nephews took part in the swimming pool this year )

post-67156-0-85839800-1321113834_thumb.jpg

post-67156-0-43539900-1321113985_thumb.jpg

Timeline

Maybe a stupid question, but what time of month does BKK embassy usually schedule the next month and let people know about it by personal email?

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.