tru_loves_journey

No Internet In Egypt

224 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I pray to god that they don't shut it down. We've waited so long already. Not to mention we've already paid for their services!! :o

CNN says they have 4 business days for their decision, Woe! That's not much time is it?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

A CRS study provided the following examples of reported impacts on the public at large of the 1995 shutdown:

• no new patients were accepted into clinical research trials at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
  • NIH disease hotlines were closed
  • the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) stopped disease surveillance
  • toxic waste clean-up work at more than 600 sites was stopped
  • delays in processing of alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives applications by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF)
  • work on more than 3,500 bankruptcy cases was suspended
  • cancellation of the recruitment and testing of federal law-enforcement officials, including the hiring of 400 border patrol agents
  • delay in the processing of delinquent child-support cases
  • closure of 368 National Park Service sites, with an estimated loss of 7 million visitors and accompanying tourism revenues to local communities
  • closure of national museums and monuments, with an estimated loss of 2 million visitors
  • approximately 20,000-30,000 visa applications by foreigners unprocessed each day
  • 200,000 applications for passports unprocessed
  • U.S. tourism industries and airlines reportedly sustaining millions of dollars in lost revenues
  • multiple services for military veterans were halted, ranging from health and welfare to finance and travel
  • approximately $3.7 million of Washington. DC-area federal contracts were adversely affected

Perhaps the biggest concern of the general public when a government shutdown is being discussed is the effect on entitlement programs. According to the CRS, "although the funds needed to make payments to beneficiaries may be available automatically, pursusant to permanent appropriations, the payments may be processed by employees who are paid with funds provided in annual appropriations acts. In such cases, the question arises whether a mandatory program can continue to function during a funding gap, if appropriations were not enacted to pay salaries of administering employees."

The Situation in 2011

The possibility of another government shutdown is looming in light of fierce ideological differences over how to address looming budget deficits and rapidly rising federal government debt. Whether and how to address entitlement spending, particularly for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, are topics of intense debate, along with issues concerning defense spending and proposed investments in education, energy, and technology.

Many who recall the federal government shutdown of 1995 are wondering whether 2011 will see repeat of that classic government showdown. According to USA Today columnist Chuch Raasch, "There are fundamental differences between 1995-96 and now [2011] that weigh on Obama's position. The budget is in far worse shape, and the economy is in a more tepid recovery from a far deeper recession than in the '90s." Raasch goes on to report that in 1995, the deficit was $164 billion, representing 2.2% of gross domestic product (GDP). However, in 2010, the deficit was $1.3 trillion, 8.4% of that year's GDP. The stakes have gotten much higher in very high-stakes game of political chicken

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Now that we have our NOA2 I'm wondering if our Government will shutdown after 2 weeks and also when Egypt will reopen, It's so complicated lately :wacko:

event.png

event.png

Now that we have our NOA2 I'm wondering if our Government will shutdown after 2 weeks and also when Egypt will reopen, It's so complicated lately :wacko:

you didn't hear? they passed a budget and it was averted. don't worry we have enough stress with immigration then to add that. :thumbs:

Timeline

No, I missed that, I have been so caught up in the NOA2 and I been trying to go over what all I will need now that we received the NOA2..Thanks for the update :)

event.png

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

When I made this post on January 27th, I never thought of how long it could be until things in Egypt would return to normal. For 2 months now the Embassy has been closed and so many of us waiting. I just wonder how much longer we will be waiting. From what I hear things in Cairo are fine and the tourist are returning, that's really good to know. God Bless Us Everyone :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I made this post on January 27th, I never thought of how long it could be until things in Egypt would return to normal. For 2 months now the Embassy has been closed and so many of us waiting. I just wonder how much longer we will be waiting. From what I hear things in Cairo are fine and the tourist are returning, that's really good to know. God Bless Us Everyone :)

I think god only knows when are they going to really open

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Wow! I posted this 2/22 and here we go again with no solution :(

A CRS study provided the following examples of reported impacts on the public at large of the 1995 shutdown:

• no new patients were accepted into clinical research trials at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
  • NIH disease hotlines were closed
  • the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) stopped disease surveillance
  • toxic waste clean-up work at more than 600 sites was stopped
  • delays in processing of alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives applications by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF)
  • work on more than 3,500 bankruptcy cases was suspended
  • cancellation of the recruitment and testing of federal law-enforcement officials, including the hiring of 400 border patrol agents
  • delay in the processing of delinquent child-support cases
  • closure of 368 National Park Service sites, with an estimated loss of 7 million visitors and accompanying tourism revenues to local communities
  • closure of national museums and monuments, with an estimated loss of 2 million visitors
  • approximately 20,000-30,000 visa applications by foreigners unprocessed each day
  • 200,000 applications for passports unprocessed
  • U.S. tourism industries and airlines reportedly sustaining millions of dollars in lost revenues
  • multiple services for military veterans were halted, ranging from health and welfare to finance and travel
  • approximately $3.7 million of Washington. DC-area federal contracts were adversely affected

Perhaps the biggest concern of the general public when a government shutdown is being discussed is the effect on entitlement programs. According to the CRS, "although the funds needed to make payments to beneficiaries may be available automatically, pursusant to permanent appropriations, the payments may be processed by employees who are paid with funds provided in annual appropriations acts. In such cases, the question arises whether a mandatory program can continue to function during a funding gap, if appropriations were not enacted to pay salaries of administering employees."

The Situation in 2011

The possibility of another government shutdown is looming in light of fierce ideological differences over how to address looming budget deficits and rapidly rising federal government debt. Whether and how to address entitlement spending, particularly for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, are topics of intense debate, along with issues concerning defense spending and proposed investments in education, energy, and technology.

Many who recall the federal government shutdown of 1995 are wondering whether 2011 will see repeat of that classic government showdown. According to USA Today columnist Chuch Raasch, "There are fundamental differences between 1995-96 and now [2011] that weigh on Obama's position. The budget is in far worse shape, and the economy is in a more tepid recovery from a far deeper recession than in the '90s." Raasch goes on to report that in 1995, the deficit was $164 billion, representing 2.2% of gross domestic product (GDP). However, in 2010, the deficit was $1.3 trillion, 8.4% of that year's GDP. The stakes have gotten much higher in very high-stakes game of political chicken

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I know new protesting to keep the revolution alive. But i asked my husband why and he was i don't know really. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact no new political parties are ready. And i think they think things should go faster too. I do admire there determination though.

Wow! I posted this 2/22 and here we go again with no solution :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.