J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi All,

Just checking in with my first post!

We got transferred to NVC on Feb.16. They have the case, but it's still not in their system yet! :(

Hopefully we'll get it soon!

I do have a question, my wife came on a J-1 visa in 2007 and left in 2008 (3 years ago). Do you think I'll get an RFE for that?

Thanks! Good luck everyone.

-Fish

you dont need an employment letter correct? My cosponsor cant get one..

As far as I know an employment letter is still optional. Does your co-sponsor have pay stubs or some other documents though to show current income?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I call AVR everyday (no case number again today from the avr system) and spoke to an operator last night who said that it was received by NVC on the 21st and that I had no case number, and it could take 4-6 weeks. That was the latest update from them.

That was EXACTLY what the operator told me. Mine was also shipped on the 16th, and she said it's at NVC now. Why would it take 4-6 weeks for a number to be generated?

Saylin said, however, that that is their STANDARD answer.

That was EXACTLY what the operator told me. Mine was also shipped on the 16th, and she said it's at NVC now. Why would it take 4-6 weeks for a number to be generated?

Saylin said, however, that that is their STANDARD answer.

Yup, it's their standard timeframe. You'll hear 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks to get information. Currently, I'm hearing the boring timeframe of 20 business days for packages to be reviewed. Don't listen to operators when they give timeframes. headbonk.gif

Filed: Timeline

Saylin,

I have a question for you since you already send your AOS package. I just paid my AOS processing fee and was looking at the form I-864. I came to know that I have to download form I-864 from USCIS.gov. Does that mean I have to send the AOS package to USCIS (TSC) for review? Please tell me NO.

Saylin,

I have a question for you since you already send your AOS package. I just paid my AOS processing fee and was looking at the form I-864. I came to know that I have to download form I-864 from USCIS.gov. Does that mean I have to send the AOS package to USCIS (TSC) for review? Please tell me NO.

No no no, you send it to NVC. USCIS is just a site with the forms. Don't worry, you don't have to deal with TSC anymore.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are so heaven-sent, Saylin! I'm glad you didn't get transferred to TSC, and therefore was way ahead of us, so you can very well guide us through the process. Bless your selfless heart!

If you didn't tell us about timeframes they usually give, I could have freaked out again. This whole process has aged me a lot. I am so into getting out of TSC!

You are so heaven-sent, Saylin! I'm glad you didn't get transferred to TSC, and therefore was way ahead of us, so you can very well guide us through the process. Bless your selfless heart!

If you didn't tell us about timeframes they usually give, I could have freaked out again. This whole process has aged me a lot. I am so into getting out of TSC!

Haha, I'm glad to help you all through this process. "Welcome to NVC Tours. I, Saylin, will be your guide for the next few weeks. If you have any questions, ask them immediately." laughing.gif

THANK YOU!!!!!

You're welcome! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It should be on "Post Decision Activity". Remember, your on the USCIS website, and for all intents and purposes, USCIS is finished with your petition. I would call and have them update their system. One of the reasons my application was was stagnant is due to their computer error. Good luck.

Guys, after your case was sent to NVC did your Case status reset to Initial Review? Because mine did. I just called USCIS and got escalated to a Tier-2 (first time, whee!) and he said that that's what happens after it's forwarded. Is this correct?

Weird that you couldn't type in those boxes. I'm looking at the DS-230 I filled out last year ahead of time and those boxes are filled in. If you can't fix it, then yes, you'll have to handwrite the answers in. Remember, don't sign part 2.

Okidokey:)

I'll try another computer, it might help....A least now i know it's not normal:)

Thankss again

Timeline

Sorry.... I hit the button too early.... since you are already at NVC, I wouldn't worry about the USCIS status. BUT... if it concerns you... you can call.... that's what I meant to say. LOL

It should be on "Post Decision Activity". Remember, your on the USCIS website, and for all intents and purposes, USCIS is finished with your petition. I would call and have them update their system. One of the reasons my application was was stagnant is due to their computer error. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

As far as I know an employment letter is still optional. Does your co-sponsor have pay stubs or some other documents though to show current income?

yeh, not sure if she wants to provide them...but yes haha

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

I don't know if I'm played around!!!!

At first USCIS and we are all the victims and now the NVC,

I called them 4x and i got 4 different answers, God help me which one I'm going to believe, sign

1st operator: I'm sorry we don't have a record of your case, we didn't even receive it.

2nd operator: Your wasn't still generated but we have received it on Feb 22, 2011

3rd operator:Your wasn't still generated but we have received BUT WE ARE NO ALLOWED TO TELL YOU WHEN

4th operator: Your wasn't still generated but we have received it on Feb 21, 2011

So now WHICH IS WHICH?

Timeline

:wow::help:

I don't know if I'm played around!!!!

At first USCIS and we are all the victims and now the NVC,

I called them 4x and i got 4 different answers, God help me which one I'm going to believe, sign

1st operator: I'm sorry we don't have a record of your case, we didn't even receive it.

2nd operator: Your wasn't still generated but we have received it on Feb 22, 2011

3rd operator:Your wasn't still generated but we have received BUT WE ARE NO ALLOWED TO TELL YOU WHEN

4th operator: Your wasn't still generated but we have received it on Feb 21, 2011

So now WHICH IS WHICH?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.