J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats!!! My wife made flew into Miami the day before our 1 year anniversary. Went to Orlando for 5 days and now we are back in California. I need a vacation from our vacation LOL. I'm happy to see that everyone's case is finally coming to a close.

Congrats on the recent approvals!!!

I did not post for a long time now because i was in India with my wife for her interview and now my wife is with me in US :star:. Finally we are done with this crazy process :bonk: thanks to TSC blackhole :bonk: . Apart from TSC blackhole our visajourney was very smooth.

Updates from the Medical till POE.

1) Medical at MaxMed Center: May 3rd 9AM. It was very smooth experience. Everything was done in order and very professionally and it only took about 2 hours for all the checkups and immunization and x-rays. We collected the reports on May 11th.

2) VFS visit to pay the courier fee: On May 4th we went to VFS office to pay the courier fees and confirmed with them that the visa (if granted) can be picked up from them the day after the interview.

3) Interview at Delhi embassy: We prepared about 10 pounds of paperwork in one briefcase type paper organizer including lods of stuff. We reached there at 7:00 AM for 7:45 AM interview. Around 7:30 they started taking people with 7:45 and 8:00 slots in. I was allowed into the interview area with my wife because i had a US passport. We got a number and then we waited for our number to be displayed on the screen. At first window they took the fingerprints. We waited for some time before we were called again at a different window and at this time they collected the medical report and checked all the paperwork. All of our paperwork was in order and my wife did not have any problem there (A lot of people had to fill some missing stuff and take new photographs at that stage). Finally after some more time our number displayed on screen for one last time and it was for the actual interview. My wife was very nervous and told me not to come to the interview window with her (i also think it should be avoided because then the CO may start interviewing the petitioner as well or petitioner may start answering on behalf of beneficiary which would raise some suspicion). However, she was asked about me and she said that he is here with me but I was not called to the window. She was asked some routine questions like: how did you meet, what does your husband do, where does he work and what do you do etc. Nothing tricky. She did not even have to pull out a single piece of paper from the big pile she was carrying (not even the 2010 tax transcript). At last, my wife heard the words she wanted to hear "you are approved and you should get you visa in two week with your passport". She came to me and told me the happy news (I actually heard it from CO's mouth but i pretended to not know). We asked at the embassy we we can pickup the visa next day from VFS but they said that next day pick up is not available for immigration visa. But we confirmed with VFS earlier and we knew that we can pick it up next day. We were both very happy and left the embassy around 10 AM.

4)VFS office visit to pick up the visa: May 18th: I called VFS at 2:30 PM to see if they have received my wife's passport + Visa packet. They said not yet but they would inform us as soon as they do. After about 15 min. we got a SMS that passport + visa packet is ready to be picked up so we went to VFS around 4 and she had to wait for almost 45 min. to pick up her passport + Visa packet.

5)POE (JFK on May 31): Again very smooth process, i asked the guy responsible for sending people to the immigration counters about which like should we go as i am citizen and she is here for the first time. He told us to go to visitors line. We has to wait for about 15 min. in line and then we were called at the counter. The officer was very nice and commented that your wife has been in India for long now. of which i replied "yaaap ever since she is born" :rofl::bonk: then he clarified that i meant to say "your wife has been in India for long after the marriage". I said yes i told him about the TSC blackhole thing. Then he opened the brown envelope and went through all the document (it had everything we submitted till date) and commented on our wedding pictures and said it looks like a very colorful wedding, a lot of people must have attended it to which i replied yes. He asked me about where i live and about the work and finally asked if my wife could speak English to which i replied that she can but it will take some time to pick the accent. So basically he didn't even ask my wife anything directly. he then just stamp her passport and wrote down the A number and made comment that this A number is so nice there is no way you can forget this. Then he told us to go to area 4 for the green card fingerprinting which only took about 5 min and we were out at the baggage area and i told my wife that now you are officially in US :star:. The only bad part on that day happened when we could not find one of my wife's luggage (someone prob. took it accidentally as we saw couple of similar looking unclaimed luggage). we filed a claim and walked out of the airport. Our luggage has been located and will arrive on Monday.

So that's about it and we are very happy to be together after all this mess and we are also happy that she at least made it before our anniversary. She is adjusting well here and liking it. Now we are just waiting for her green card and SS number to come :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats!!! My wife made flew into Miami the day before our 1 year anniversary. Went to Orlando for 5 days and now we are back in California. I need a vacation from our vacation LOL. I'm happy to see that everyone's case is finally coming to a close.

Congrats on the recent approvals!!!

I did not post for a long time now because i was in India with my wife for her interview and now my wife is with me in US :star:. Finally we are done with this crazy process :bonk: thanks to TSC blackhole :bonk: . Apart from TSC blackhole our visajourney was very smooth.

Updates from the Medical till POE.

1) Medical at MaxMed Center: May 3rd 9AM. It was very smooth experience. Everything was done in order and very professionally and it only took about 2 hours for all the checkups and immunization and x-rays. We collected the reports on May 11th.

2) VFS visit to pay the courier fee: On May 4th we went to VFS office to pay the courier fees and confirmed with them that the visa (if granted) can be picked up from them the day after the interview.

3) Interview at Delhi embassy: We prepared about 10 pounds of paperwork in one briefcase type paper organizer including lods of stuff. We reached there at 7:00 AM for 7:45 AM interview. Around 7:30 they started taking people with 7:45 and 8:00 slots in. I was allowed into the interview area with my wife because i had a US passport. We got a number and then we waited for our number to be displayed on the screen. At first window they took the fingerprints. We waited for some time before we were called again at a different window and at this time they collected the medical report and checked all the paperwork. All of our paperwork was in order and my wife did not have any problem there (A lot of people had to fill some missing stuff and take new photographs at that stage). Finally after some more time our number displayed on screen for one last time and it was for the actual interview. My wife was very nervous and told me not to come to the interview window with her (i also think it should be avoided because then the CO may start interviewing the petitioner as well or petitioner may start answering on behalf of beneficiary which would raise some suspicion). However, she was asked about me and she said that he is here with me but I was not called to the window. She was asked some routine questions like: how did you meet, what does your husband do, where does he work and what do you do etc. Nothing tricky. She did not even have to pull out a single piece of paper from the big pile she was carrying (not even the 2010 tax transcript). At last, my wife heard the words she wanted to hear "you are approved and you should get you visa in two week with your passport". She came to me and told me the happy news (I actually heard it from CO's mouth but i pretended to not know). We asked at the embassy we we can pickup the visa next day from VFS but they said that next day pick up is not available for immigration visa. But we confirmed with VFS earlier and we knew that we can pick it up next day. We were both very happy and left the embassy around 10 AM.

4)VFS office visit to pick up the visa: May 18th: I called VFS at 2:30 PM to see if they have received my wife's passport + Visa packet. They said not yet but they would inform us as soon as they do. After about 15 min. we got a SMS that passport + visa packet is ready to be picked up so we went to VFS around 4 and she had to wait for almost 45 min. to pick up her passport + Visa packet.

5)POE (JFK on May 31): Again very smooth process, i asked the guy responsible for sending people to the immigration counters about which like should we go as i am citizen and she is here for the first time. He told us to go to visitors line. We has to wait for about 15 min. in line and then we were called at the counter. The officer was very nice and commented that your wife has been in India for long now. of which i replied "yaaap ever since she is born" :rofl::bonk: then he clarified that i meant to say "your wife has been in India for long after the marriage". I said yes i told him about the TSC blackhole thing. Then he opened the brown envelope and went through all the document (it had everything we submitted till date) and commented on our wedding pictures and said it looks like a very colorful wedding, a lot of people must have attended it to which i replied yes. He asked me about where i live and about the work and finally asked if my wife could speak English to which i replied that she can but it will take some time to pick the accent. So basically he didn't even ask my wife anything directly. he then just stamp her passport and wrote down the A number and made comment that this A number is so nice there is no way you can forget this. Then he told us to go to area 4 for the green card fingerprinting which only took about 5 min and we were out at the baggage area and i told my wife that now you are officially in US :star:. The only bad part on that day happened when we could not find one of my wife's luggage (someone prob. took it accidentally as we saw couple of similar looking unclaimed luggage). we filed a claim and walked out of the airport. Our luggage has been located and will arrive on Monday.

So that's about it and we are very happy to be together after all this mess and we are also happy that she at least made it before our anniversary. She is adjusting well here and liking it. Now we are just waiting for her green card and SS number to come :dance:

WOW... I really didn't post this message that many times... I think my computer has the hiccups blush.gif

Wow, Erick.... laughing.gif

Hi, people! I took my husband to the SSA office today and, as guessed, his info was never entered into the system, so we handed in the application and the woman said he should receive his card in under 2 weeks.

How many TSC refugees are left that haven't done interviews yet?...

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

WOW... I really didn't post this message that many times... I think my computer has the hiccups blush.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am almost out of TSC blackhole.

Marriage : 2010-06-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-07-14

Transferred to Blackhole : 2010-11-02

NOA2 : Feb 15, 2011

NVC:

2/25/11 - received case number, IIN, and gave e-mail IDs.

2/25/11 - Send DS-3032 E-mail

2/28/11 - I-864 (AOS) bill invoiced and paid

3/01/11 - AOS payment status "PAID"

3/02/11 - DS-3032 : Email accepted

3/04/11 - IV bill invoiced (e-mail at 2:30 AM) and paid

3/07/11 - IV payment status "PAID"

3/08/11 - AOS and IV packet sent

3/22/11 - AOS in the system and reviewed that triggered false RFE for IV packet

3/28/11 - DS-230 in the system and SIF

3/29/11 - Case Completed at NVC

4/13/11 - Interview date assigned

5/17/11 - Interview- Approved

5/18/11 - Passport & Visa Picked up from VFS Delhi

5/31/11 - POE (JFK)

visajourney.gif

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi, people! I took my husband to the SSA office today and, as guessed, his info was never entered into the system, so we handed in the application and the woman said he should receive his card in under 2 weeks.

How many TSC refugees are left that haven't done interviews yet?...

ummm... my wife is still stuck in India, waiting on the NVC :unsure:

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview date!!!!! July 20th!!! *faints*

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Jul 17 -- Filed I-130

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Aug 9 -- NOA 1 Hardcopy

2010 Nov 2 -- Transferred from CSC to TSC

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

2011 Feb 10--Transferred BACK to CSC *rolls eyes*

2011 Feb 11-- Touched AGAIN (uscis office)

2011 Feb 25--email notification of APPROVAL!!!! (Thank ya Jesus)

2011 Mar 3--NOA2 Hardcopy

Your I-130 was approved in 205 days from your NOA1 date.

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

2011 Mar 8--received case # dated Mar 7, sent OPTIN email for electronic processing with attached DS-3032 form.

2011 Mar 9--received IIN and Beneficiary ID #, AOS bill invoiced/paid, submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

2011 Mar 11--AOS bill shows as PAID and IV bill invoiced

2011 Mar 14--paid IV bill

2011 Mar 16-- IV bill shows as PAID

2011 Apr 11--submitted AOS and IV package and resent OPTIN email

2011 Apr 12--received OPTIN acceptance email

2011 Apr 13--received email notifying that my AOS and IV package was received

2011 May 4--received RFE email

2011 May 5--resent both packages

2011 May 14--received RFE email

2011 May 30--sent in missing document

2011 June 6--received CC email (Case Complete) and SIF (Sign in Failed)

2011 June 14-- interview date assigned for July 20!!

2011 Jul 11--Medical at Dr. Seiden & Associates

2011 Jul 20-- The big day

Grats!!! kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!!

I got interview date today for July 18 but might re-schedule if I can't make it.

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Congrats!!!

I got interview date today for July 18 but might re-schedule if I can't make it.

CONGRATS to you and your family :thumbs:

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello Everyone and good morning..... my husband is flying from Colombia to Fort Lauderdale on wednesday of next week..... however, i have a question/doubt... I have been reading that most people buy a roundtrip fare, because of the cost, however the way to go is to buy a one-way ticket because of the visa. bottomline, for us the one-way ticket was cheaper.... so, my question? has anyone had trouble with the airline on the way ticket? i just don't want him to get to the counter and be told he needs a roundtrip ticket, although the visa says "Immigrant Visa"... has anyone experience this? and if so, should we not worry? please help? thanks..

Mary

Hello Everyone and good morning..... my husband is flying from Colombia to Fort Lauderdale on wednesday of next week..... however, i have a question/doubt... I have been reading that most people buy a roundtrip fare, because of the cost, however the way to go is to buy a one-way ticket because of the visa. bottomline, for us the one-way ticket was cheaper.... so, my question? has anyone had trouble with the airline on the way ticket? i just don't want him to get to the counter and be told he needs a roundtrip ticket, although the visa says "Immigrant Visa"... has anyone experience this? and if so, should we not worry? please help? thanks..

Mary

You can completely stop worrying! One way ticket is the way to go! The only reason, like you said, people buy round trip is because it's cheaper. The officers aren't concerned with tickets if they're a one way or round trip; they're concerned about the visa in your passport :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.