J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

hey guys.. i need your help.. i receive a letter(RFE) from nvc

______IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION:__________________________________

Please submit a completed Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data

form for this applicant. In reviewing the form that you submitted, we note that the section pertaining to

applicant residences from the age of 16 is either blank or incomplete. The applicant must list all places

lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16. There must not be any gaps greater than six

months. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application

cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residence history of more than six months. When completing the information in

this section, please refer to the following instructions below on Police Certificate(s):

*Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on where each

applicant lives or has lived previously.

*Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided more than

12 months. Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates

covering their residence in the U.S.

*Generally, applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities in the

district in which you resided. The police certificate must:

*Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area, and

*State what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant, including

all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

i thought i only need to submit 1 police certificates? does this means that i need to get another NBI/police certiicates from other places where i live here in philippines?

It looks to me like they're not saying that another police certificate is definitely required, but rather that you need to fill in the gaps in your residence history, and if any of those newly filled in periods of residency require a police certificate (i.e. if you lived in another country for more than 12 months), you'll need to send police certificates for those countries. If they are actually requesting a specific police certificate, they'll tell you which countries they need them from (that's what they did on my RFE). Good luck!

Edited by jennie ann

USCIS171 days
08.03.2010: Sent I-130 (Received at Chicago Lockbox on 08.05.2010 – Priority Date)
08.24.2010: NOA1 – Notice Date (Case transferred from CSC to TSC on 11.02.2010 and back to CSC on 02.07.2011)
02.11.2011: NOA2 – Approved! (hard copy received on 02.17.2011)

NVC46 days
02.26.2011: Got NVC case number from AVR (entered on 02.24.2011)
02.28.2011: Called operator to give email addresses and get IIN; emailed beneficiary's change of address and DS-3032; received instruction emails from NVC; AOS fee bill invoiced and paid
03.01.2011: AOS fee shown as "paid"
03.03.2011: DS-3032 accepted; beneficiary's address updated by NVC; IV fee bill invoiced and paid
03.07.2011: IV fee shown as "paid"; AOS and IV packets sent out together via USPS Priority Mail (delivered on 03.09.2011)
03.22.2011: AVR and operator tells us we will receive an RFE
03.26.2011: Received RFE checklist via email (asking for PCCs from China and Taiwan)
03.28.2011: Sent checklist response via USPS Priority Mail (explaining/demonstrating that PCC should not be required)
04.10.2011: AVR message says that checklist response was received on 04.08.2011; sign in failed
04.11.2011: Case completed at NVC!
04.13.2011: Interview date assigned, received Packet 4 via email
04.25.2011: NVC sent case to embassy in London

Embassy – London, United Kingdom
05.23.2011: Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors
05.31.2011: Interview - APPROVED! (301 days from filing)
06.02.2011: Visa in hand
06.07.2011: POE at SFO

Removal of Conditions

04.16.2013: Sent I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

04.18.2013: I-751 packet received at VSC (check cleared on 05.03)

05.04.2013: Received NOA1 (dated 04.19)

05.11.2013: Received biometrics appointment notice for 06.05.2013 (notice dated 05.08)

05.13.2013: Completed biometrics as a walk-in (would have been out of town for scheduled appointment)

08.21.2013: APPROVED! (Received email update that USCIS has ordered production of new card)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It looks to me like they're not saying that another police certificate is definitely required, but rather that you need to fill in the gaps in your residence history, and if any of those newly filled in periods of residency require a police certificate (i.e. if you lived in another country for more than 12 months), you'll need to send police certificates for those countries. If they are actually requesting a specific police certificate, they'll tell you which countries they need them from (that's what they did on my RFE). Good luck!

Or maybe for a different province.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We first off want to congratulate everyone on interview dates and interview approvals. We hit a kink H was an exchange student so we had to send in info on that and for those who follow him from Cyprus if you live in (Turkish)North Cyprus get a police report from both North and (Greek)South Cyprus so you don't get slowed down. It is just a slow down so maybe next week we will have an interview date. Hope all goes well for those with dates and again congrats to those who are finished with one more step -- see you all in the US of A.

Hello Everyone, My wife got a call from Embassy yesterday to come to embassy. she is scheduled an interview for April 19, 2011. She has a medical check up on Tuesday morning. What a rush? But, we will take it. Embassy asked her the wedding pictures and passport, and they kept them. She did not receive anything from embassy and when she asked the embassy personnel what documents she needs to bring, the personnel says need nothing and told my wife to come to interview. Does she need to take anything with her like skype logs and emails?

We are happy. And this is for my lovely wife...

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Edited by Me and my wife

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone, My wife got a call from Embassy yesterday to come to embassy. she is scheduled an interview for April 19, 2011. She has a medical check up on Tuesday morning. What a rush? But, we will take it. Embassy asked her the wedding pictures and passport, and they kept them. She did not receive anything from embassy and when she asked the embassy personnel what documents she needs to bring, the personnel says need nothing and told my wife to come to interview. Does she need to take anything with her like skype logs and emails?

Congrats!!! I'm thinking that since we are making such a racket and trying to get things done, this shows evidence of a real relationship more than anything else. It shows we are trying to do anything in our power to be with our spouse. At least that's what I would think if I were an embassy officer. But just to be on the safe side tell her to take the evidence with her! Good luck!! :thumbs:

06/13/2010 - Married in India

USCIS I-130

08/24/2010 - NO1 priority date

03/10/2011 - APPROVED

NVC

03/16/2011 - Case received at NVC

03/31/2011 - SIF

03/31/2011 - NVC sent case to Embassy

New Dehli Embassy

04-04-2011 - Embassy received case.

04/14/2011 - Received email confirming appt.

04/19/2011 - Medical - cleared.

04/25/2011 - Interview - approved!!!

Wow, an interview next week! So soon! Congrats! Even though they said not to bring anything, I'd still bring a copy of all documents submitted as well as all the evidence you have. Good luck!

Hello everyone, have been reading posts but just couldnt bring myself to participate while I was still in uscis hell, but good news is both my cases are now at NVC my wifes and stepsons. I now have case and invoice numbers for both. I was able to log in and pay the $88 fee for my wife but could not chose the IV fee to pay for her, while my step son i get a login failure for his case. Does this mean that I just have to wait a few more days or should I call about my step sons case. I got his numbers by calling and talking to a rep his numbers were generated on the 12th.

Met online June 27, 2008

May 15 2010 -- The Wedding in Castlemain, Victoria Australia

June 22, 2010 -- Mailed to Chicago lock box

July 5th recieved NOA1

Nov 1 2010 Case transfered to Texas Service Center

Nov 24 2010 Case Transfered to USCIS Office ???

Feb 7th Changed address on USCIS web site

Feb 17th Wifes case approved

Feb 18Th Step-Son's case RFE

Feb 27th Both Cases put back into "Initial Review"

Mar 28Th Case approved at USCIS

Apr 14Th AOS Fee Paid

Apr 19Th IV Fee paid

Apr 19Th AOS packets Sent

Apr 21St IV Packets Sent

May 19Th RFE for Wife IV Recieved

May 19Th RFE for Stepson IV Recieved

May 22nd RFE reply for wife and stepson sent to NVC (Overnight)

June 3rd NVC message changed to show that RFE being processed

June 6th NVC payment portal SIF

June 9th NVC message changed to case closed

June 11th Interview scheduled in Sydney for July 26th

June 15th NVC mailed package to Sydney

June 20Th Package delivered to consulate

June 23rd emailed consulate for earlier interview

June 26th reply from consulate Intervirw moved to July 12th

event.png

event.png

interview april 25 yeiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Citizenship Journey

06/24/13:Eligibility

07/03/13: Sent package

07/15/13:Fee Waived

07/15/13:Received Noa1 date07/09/13

07/25/13: Received Bio Letter

08/06/13:Appoinment for Bio

08/22/13: In Line

10/04/13scheduled for interview

00/00/13:Received Interview Letter

11/12/13:Interview Date
11/14/13: Sent Oath Ceremony Letter

11/22/13: Oath Ceremony Date

My mother's visa process<p>coming soon!!

Wow, an interview next week! So soon! Congrats! Even though they said not to bring anything, I'd still bring a copy of all documents submitted as well as all the evidence you have. Good luck!

She did not recieve anything from embassy and embassy has all the documents I have sent to NVC. Embassy even kept the passport. Is not it weird? IS not embassy supposed to give documents to my wife? thanks

congrats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats! Seems we are still on the same schedule.

06/13/2010 - Married in India

USCIS I-130

08/24/2010 - NO1 priority date

03/10/2011 - APPROVED

NVC

03/16/2011 - Case received at NVC

03/31/2011 - SIF

03/31/2011 - NVC sent case to Embassy

New Dehli Embassy

04-04-2011 - Embassy received case.

04/14/2011 - Received email confirming appt.

04/19/2011 - Medical - cleared.

04/25/2011 - Interview - approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to everyone with interview dates! I on the other-hand have been stuck with complete idiots at NVC who have managed to lie and say they haven't received any of my emailed packages, but that I snail mailed them a package in February, which is completely untrue, I emailed my I-864 in February.

Anyways, I had a question. I was always under the impression that CR1/IR1 were the same thing. But they are different, right? IR1 is for marriages over 2 years, and CR1 for those less than 2 years and so the GC has conditions on it. I applied for the CR1, but my correspondence from NVC says "IR1". Is this normal?

THanks!

USCIS

07/06/10: Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox

07/07/10: Package Received

07/17/10: NOA1

07/26/10: Touched

11/03/10: Case Transferred to TSC

11/30/10: Touched! FINALLY

12/01/10: Touched, AGAIN!

12/02/10: Touched, YET AGAIN!

12/03/10: TOUCHED!

02/14/11:I-130 Approved Happy Valentines Day!

Case was approved in 212 days

NVC

02/18/11: Received NVC Case number

02/20/11: Optin email sent

02/22/11:Submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

02/23/11: AOS invoiced and paid

02/25/11: AOS I-864 Emailed to NVC

03/02/11: IV Bill generated & Paid!

03/08/11: Optin Accepted

03/17/11: DS-260 completed

03/24/11: DS-260 Supporting Documents emailed

03/24/11: Emailed my I-864 AGAIN because NVC is saying they did not receive it.

04/08/11: NVC robot says they are "Awaiting my Biographic Data" which I assume means they reviewed my I-864

04/11/11: NVC is saying I am missing info, that I did not send in all my documents.

04.14.11: NVC is saying i never emailed anything. I contacted my senate office, who is getting things handled for me at NVC.

05.12.11: OMG SIF!

07.11.11-INTERVIEW DATE!

Congrats to everyone with interview dates! I on the other-hand have been stuck with complete idiots at NVC who have managed to lie and say they haven't received any of my emailed packages, but that I snail mailed them a package in February, which is completely untrue, I emailed my I-864 in February.

Anyways, I had a question. I was always under the impression that CR1/IR1 were the same thing. But they are different, right? IR1 is for marriages over 2 years, and CR1 for those less than 2 years and so the GC has conditions on it. I applied for the CR1, but my correspondence from NVC says "IR1". Is this normal?

THanks!

Wow, it seems like you've definitely been getting idiots at NVC. I really hope they review your packages soon and give you a well-deserved CC.

You're correct, IR1 and CR1 are different visas. IR-1 is for those that have been married more than 2 years and get a 10 year green card, thus not needing to file the I-751 two years after POE. CR-1 is for those that have been married less than 2 years, get a conditional 2 year green card, and have to file an I-751 two years after POE. It's weird your getting correspondence where it says IR-1. What exactly have you gotten that says IR-1? I've looked through everything I've gotten from NVC but can't find anything that says IR1 or even CR1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's the most recent example, and yes, I can't even begin to describe their idiotness.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your correspondence.

As this case is processing electronically, all forms and documents must be sent via email as scanned attachments to NVCElectronic@state.gov . Sending physical documents to the NVC will delay the processing of your case.

We received electronic documentation for this case. The documentation will be reviewed and uploaded to your electronic case file.

If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact with the NVC (by email, telephone or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. In that case, your fees will need to be repaid and documents will need to be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Case Number: MTL2011******

Beneficiary's Name: ******

Preference Category: IR1

Your Priority Date: 07Jul2010

Foreign State Chargeability: CANADA

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

P.O. BOX 65, POSTAL STATION DESJARDINS

MONTREAL, QUEBEC CANADA H5B 1G1

E-MAIL: MONTREAL-IV-DV@STATE.GOV

Sincerely,

Kate

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc.

Support Contractor

NVCElectronic@state.gov

Weird, right? Is it because we've only been married one year, but together(with documentation) for 12?

USCIS

07/06/10: Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox

07/07/10: Package Received

07/17/10: NOA1

07/26/10: Touched

11/03/10: Case Transferred to TSC

11/30/10: Touched! FINALLY

12/01/10: Touched, AGAIN!

12/02/10: Touched, YET AGAIN!

12/03/10: TOUCHED!

02/14/11:I-130 Approved Happy Valentines Day!

Case was approved in 212 days

NVC

02/18/11: Received NVC Case number

02/20/11: Optin email sent

02/22/11:Submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

02/23/11: AOS invoiced and paid

02/25/11: AOS I-864 Emailed to NVC

03/02/11: IV Bill generated & Paid!

03/08/11: Optin Accepted

03/17/11: DS-260 completed

03/24/11: DS-260 Supporting Documents emailed

03/24/11: Emailed my I-864 AGAIN because NVC is saying they did not receive it.

04/08/11: NVC robot says they are "Awaiting my Biographic Data" which I assume means they reviewed my I-864

04/11/11: NVC is saying I am missing info, that I did not send in all my documents.

04.14.11: NVC is saying i never emailed anything. I contacted my senate office, who is getting things handled for me at NVC.

05.12.11: OMG SIF!

07.11.11-INTERVIEW DATE!

Here's the most recent example, and yes, I can't even begin to describe their idiotness.

Weird, right? Is it because we've only been married one year, but together(with documentation) for 12?

That is weird, And no, it doesn't matter how long you've been together, but how long you've been married. It might have just been an error. I'd just advise you to make sure that after the interview and you get your passport/visa back, make sure it says CR-1 on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.