tsharpe

Additional Administrative Processing Help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My daughter is waiting for her fiance to obtain his K1 Visa. Specifically, he has already been through the interview process and it was approved but he is undergoing Additional Administrative Processing (AAP). So far, since the interview, its been 15 months and still they have yet to complete the AAP. He is from Zimbabwe, but living in the UK.

Once AAP is completed, my understanding is that the US Embassy would send an envelope to the address he provided. He would put his passport in the envelope then send it to the US Embassy . The US Embassy would then mail the passport back to him with the visa attached.

But what if he recieves notice to put his passport in the envelope but he is out of the country. His parents are old and he wants to visit them in Zimbabwe. The question is: if he is not in the UK when the US Embassy gives him the green light to mail his passport, will the US Embassy wait or would he have to go through the entire process all over again just because he wasnt't there when the request came through or what?

Need some help.

Follow on question. My daughter's fiance has not tried to leave the UK to visit his parents in Zimbabwe yet, but is a passport flagged when its undergoing additional administrative processing? Is the person free to leave the country?

15 months?! That's an insanely long time. Not unheard of but incredibly long. Has she been in touch with her Congressman to see if they can help give it a kick?

He's free to come and go any where he is able, as long as he's 100% confident he can get back into the UK.

Can't answer the courier envelope question, sorry. I'd be surprised if they don't give some leeway - how long is he planning on going to Zimbabwe for?

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

15 months?! That's an insanely long time. Not unheard of but incredibly long. Has she been in touch with her Congressman to see if they can help give it a kick?

He's free to come and go any where he is able, as long as he's 100% confident he can get back into the UK.

Can't answer the courier envelope question, sorry. I'd be surprised if they don't give some leeway - how long is he planning on going to Zimbabwe for?

He will stay in Zimbabwe for about 4 weeks then return to the UK. His passport is good.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My daughter is waiting for her fiance to obtain his K1 Visa. Specifically, he has already been through the interview process and it was approved but he is undergoing Additional Administrative Processing (AAP). So far, since the interview, its been 15 months and still they have yet to complete the AAP. He is from Zimbabwe, but living in the UK.

Once AAP is completed, my understanding is that the US Embassy would send an envelope to the address he provided. He would put his passport in the envelope then send it to the US Embassy . The US Embassy would then mail the passport back to him with the visa attached.

But what if he recieves notice to put his passport in the envelope but he is out of the country. His parents are old and he wants to visit them in Zimbabwe. The question is: if he is not in the UK when the US Embassy gives him the green light to mail his passport, will the US Embassy wait or would he have to go through the entire process all over again just because he wasnt't there when the request came through or what?

Need some help.

Follow on question. My daughter's fiance has not tried to leave the UK to visit his parents in Zimbabwe yet, but is a passport flagged when its undergoing additional administrative processing? Is the person free to leave the country?

15 months? That's astonishing. People who are in this situation would do well to join www.americanfamiliesunited.org, a citizen's group which is working to institute a six-month limit on AP, tell them your story (which is the longest I've heard) and to sign this petition. Please sign and pass on to your daughter! And I concur -- please contact your congresspeople.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/falling-in-love-with-someone-from-another-country-is-not-a-crime/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.