KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds like you have everything covered msheesha...and have given me some ideas for the future :thumbs: So glad he's enjoying it here Sarah...everything will work out!! When are u applying for the CR1 Tracy? Anything new with anybody else?? And Sarah...don't worry...we will...lol...no giving up here!!

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Thursday everyone. Almost Friday :thumbs:

Welcome back to the US Sarah. Wonderful that your husband is liking it so far.

Things with preparing for my husband's arrival seem to be going good. Got him scheduled for car insurance, English classes, joining the gym, and a place to volunteer. I've gotten a closet almost fully cleaned out for him, and I'm hoping to get a set of drawers in the next few weeks.

One of the things that someone mentioned on here a little bit ago was making sure you're also prepared for all the visa paperwork and filing, etc that needs to be done once he's here. For the CR1 does anyone know where the guide for that is? I've only seen it on here for filing for the visa prior to the beneficiary getting the visa, etc. Anyone know where a guide is for a CR1 once they're here? I'm sure it's somewhere obvious and I'm just not seeing it. I'd appreciate any help. THanks!

You definitely get a break from immigration until having to remove conditions, he should get his social security card and his 2 year greencard in the mail within 30 days of arrival!

Do however continue to gather evidence of your marriage such as shared bank records, shared rental/lease agreements, etc. during the course of the next 19 months. You will need to provide these things when you file together to remove conditions on his residency. Just keep a file that you add to every so often so you're ready with these things when you need them, no stress. You do get to relax and enjoy each other for a while, that is only one thing that makes the CR1 so worth it!

(F)~kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds like you have everything covered msheesha...and have given me some ideas for the future :thumbs: So glad he's enjoying it here Sarah...everything will work out!! When are u applying for the CR1 Tracy? Anything new with anybody else?? And Sarah...don't worry...we will...lol...no giving up here!!

I don't know yet. Soon. Still financially recovering from my last trip last month. LOL.

Timeline

I don't know yet. Soon. Still financially recovering from my last trip last month. LOL.

Yeah...i hear ya :)

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First day of Ramadan and we're having trouble. I can see how hard it is for him to adjust to all the daytime activity here, the jet lag, and eating at night with the baby jet lagging too. We really have no choice but to do alot during the day, because we're signing a lease and moving this weekend. Any suggestions on how I could ease things? :( I feel so bad for him, he's so exhausted!

Sarah

Timeline

First day of Ramadan and we're having trouble. I can see how hard it is for him to adjust to all the daytime activity here, the jet lag, and eating at night with the baby jet lagging too. We really have no choice but to do alot during the day, because we're signing a lease and moving this weekend. Any suggestions on how I could ease things? :( I feel so bad for him, he's so exhausted!

Sarah

Aww...I'm sorry things are rough with Ramadan...no ideas i can think of....all i have are <<HUGS>> Hope things get better...love u guys!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

He got the visa!!!!!!! My baby is coming home!!!! After three long years my baby is coming home...I am so excited... :dance: I wanted to come post as soon as I found out which was on Friday August 6th but my laptop was getting fixed and I just got it back today.. :star: I know that many are going through so much with all these denials but hang in there good things come to those who wait..be patient and it will happen as it has for us..I never thought this day would come for us after he was denied back in 08..but God is good...

Timeline

He got the visa!!!!!!! My baby is coming home!!!! After three long years my baby is coming home...I am so excited... :dance: I wanted to come post as soon as I found out which was on Friday August 6th but my laptop was getting fixed and I just got it back today.. :star: I know that many are going through so much with all these denials but hang in there good things come to those who wait..be patient and it will happen as it has for us..I never thought this day would come for us after he was denied back in 08..but God is good...

CONGRATS!!! So happy for you guys!!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

YAY!! Congratulations! Were you denied for a fiance visa the first time and then got married and re-filed? I'm happy to hear your great news! :dance:

Congratulations sweetnsour!

Sarah, I have heard it's really difficult for people who are making the initial adjustment to be doing it around holiday times (Ramadan, Eids, etc). Ramadan is such a special time in Morocco and for Muslims in general, it's natural that he's having difficulty. Also, there's often a different sense of family and community in Morocco vs. US, so at Ramadan, he'd be feeling the loss of that as well. I would suggest getting up with him for pre-dawn meal & making sure there are things available that he is happy to eat for the pre-dawn meal. And, also making the breaking of fast and the evening meal a special time, and, of course him making sure he gets enough fluids at nighttime hours.

Also, does he have ready access (calling card, etc) to call home?

And, if there are things that you can do during the day, and save things for him to do in the evening, that might help as well.

I hope things get a little easier soon.

Congratulations!!!! :dance: That is wonderful news!

Timeline

No it was CR-1 that was returned..and thank you so much everyone..

Do u have any pointers for others that may be filing the CR1 first time around? Did you guys get married the first visit or anything like that? Always helps to learn from others cases...if u don't mind sharing.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.