KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please don't freak me out!

No freaking :) Our cases are different....we've been through the K1s already....i think it makes a difference. Seems like most of the refiles after denied K1s ot through smoother the 2nd time around, cuz what they want is for us to prove we are serious...which u did the day your guys got married :thumbs: You guys are an adorable couple...I'm sure you'll be fine!! Just keep breathing ;)

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No freaking :) Our cases are different....we've been through the K1s already....i think it makes a difference. Seems like most of the refiles after denied K1s ot through smoother the 2nd time around, cuz what they want is for us to prove we are serious...which u did the day your guys got married :thumbs: You guys are an adorable couple...I'm sure you'll be fine!! Just keep breathing ;)

Yes, please don't get upset by what I typed. I was half-joking, anyway, but more importantly as Monica said your case has already been through Casa once and is different from a first time filer's! Good luck!

Timeline

Yes...Sarah it supposed to be back in the US this evening :)

And be warned there may be some :ranting: now...just a little frustrated. Just called the embassy to get the invoice # for our diplomatic pouch, since the 2 #s they gave us don't seem to be in the system. The lady talks to me like I'm stupid & says "u must give it time"...yeah we were told to wait a few weeks before calling, which I have....Anyway, I informed her that NO i was not calling NVC & USCIS to get this information. I was calling the actual company that TRACKS the dipolomatic pouches from the embassy to the US....which seemed to suprise her that I could actually have that information...(yes, i know how to google....lol) Anyway, she got all fumbled & uh, um....well, it miht not have left the embassy yet :idea: u think so...LOL too bad i wasn't recording the conversation!! So...more than likely the case STILL has not left, but we must "give them some time & wait a few more weeks" :protest: If its still there....tell us its still there!!! Stop lying about it...we will find out the truth. SERIOUSLY!!! So, needless to say, we won't stop emailing & faxing them till we find out the case has left Morocco. Think I might follow someones idea and start calling every morning till they let me talk to the Consular Chief. Atleast we r back to 7 hrs difference, but for Ramadan the hours are 1-2pm to call...ugg...could they make it ANY harder for us to call them??? Ok...ranting over...how is everyones week so far? lol

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

So whats going on with the interviews this week? Heard the one on Aug 10th was denied :( Hoping they get a quick turn around!! Hows is everybody else doing? Anything new? How was the first day back in the US Sarah??

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Hi Monica,

Do you know who had an interview on the 10th? Was it a K1 or CR1?

Monica - Anymore help from your senator? The whole runaround from the consulate

must be frustrating!

Najib & Mir were on Aug 10 with a CR1...here's the results put on their profile "unfortantly we were not approved. The guy kept telling my husband there was no reason my mother should not have attended and then told us we did not have enough proof from the beginning of our relationship. Trying to find more proof and hopefully try again tomorrow."

abdel_khadija were Aug 11 with a K1...no results posted yet.

Becca & Jalal are Aug 17 with a K1.

As for me, Senator still hasn't heard a reply, they are continuing to email them though (since that's all they can do is email). And yes...its VERY frustrating...will work on trying to talk to the Counsular Chief...just reloaded my VIP account :) How are you guys doing msheesha?

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Wow, it seems like Casa is really in a denying mood!

LOL...guess they met their approved quota in July :bonk:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

I'm sorry to hear about the denials.

Hang in there Monica. It feels never ending when you're in the middle of it, I know.

Things with us are good. Just preparing for the next step. I arranged to have my husband

added to my car insurance when he gets here. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't

as expensive as I thought it was going to be. I had heard that with the international

license it would be really expensive. So, I'm grateful for that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I thought I would stop by and say "Hi" to everyone. I guess the denials continue out of Morocco. So sorry to hear that. But to those going through this just hang in there. My husband was denied back in 2005. He got approved late 2006, and has been here since. So it does happen, just be patient! Hugz to you all!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We're in the States now, drinking Pepto and drying out because of the airconditioning.. Money is disappearing so quickly.. I miss Morocco. But he likes it here.. Today I introduced him to my favorite dinner- vindaloo and Ben and Jerry's!! More Pepto, plox!

Sorry to hear about more denials.. and Monica, GIVE EM HELL!! :D

Sarah

Timeline

We're in the States now, drinking Pepto and drying out because of the airconditioning.. Money is disappearing so quickly.. I miss Morocco. But he likes it here.. Today I introduced him to my favorite dinner- vindaloo and Ben and Jerry's!! More Pepto, plox!

Sorry to hear about more denials.. and Monica, GIVE EM HELL!! :D

Sarah

Glad you made it back....together. I am so happy for you both!

Happy Thursday everyone. Almost Friday :thumbs:

Welcome back to the US Sarah. Wonderful that your husband is liking it so far.

Things with preparing for my husband's arrival seem to be going good. Got him scheduled for car insurance, English classes, joining the gym, and a place to volunteer. I've gotten a closet almost fully cleaned out for him, and I'm hoping to get a set of drawers in the next few weeks.

One of the things that someone mentioned on here a little bit ago was making sure you're also prepared for all the visa paperwork and filing, etc that needs to be done once he's here. For the CR1 does anyone know where the guide for that is? I've only seen it on here for filing for the visa prior to the beneficiary getting the visa, etc. Anyone know where a guide is for a CR1 once they're here? I'm sure it's somewhere obvious and I'm just not seeing it. I'd appreciate any help. THanks!

Timeline

Happy Thursday everyone. Almost Friday :thumbs:

Welcome back to the US Sarah. Wonderful that your husband is liking it so far.

Things with preparing for my husband's arrival seem to be going good. Got him scheduled for car insurance, English classes, joining the gym, and a place to volunteer. I've gotten a closet almost fully cleaned out for him, and I'm hoping to get a set of drawers in the next few weeks.

One of the things that someone mentioned on here a little bit ago was making sure you're also prepared for all the visa paperwork and filing, etc that needs to be done once he's here. For the CR1 does anyone know where the guide for that is? I've only seen it on here for filing for the visa prior to the beneficiary getting the visa, etc. Anyone know where a guide is for a CR1 once they're here? I'm sure it's somewhere obvious and I'm just not seeing it. I'd appreciate any help. THanks!

For a CR-1 you don't have to do anything until ROC at two years. It's the K-1 and K-3 that have to AOS, so it doesn't apply to you. You get a short break. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.