Zharren Young

Manila Case No.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJers, im posting this question for all who just got their NOA2's recently and just got their manila case number from NVC. is your number start with MNAxxxx???

Also when we called, "THEY" said they will send us a letter with our interview date. Does this mean I dont have to battle thru their call center agents or online appointment scheduling process? I have read its been so hard to do this.

Any info shared will be much appreciated...thank you.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

if u had ur case number try to call the US embassy and make an appointment sometimes scheduling for interview just like others said just wait for ur appointment letter but in my case i waited so long (just like 2wks)but no mails arrived until such time that my husband called the NVC here in US got our case number and I called the US embassy in Manila and asked if im eligible to make an appointment for our medical so with interview mine starts like MNL but maybe for this year they issued MNA just try to call US embassy and try to give ur case number and u will know if u r eligible already for an interview hope it will help u Godbless:D

Edited by randy and ana

Timeline

if u had ur case number try to call the US embassy and make an appointment sometimes scheduling for interview just like others said just wait for ur appointment letter but in my case i waited so long (just like 2wks)but no mails arrived until such time that my husband called the NVC here in US got our case number and I called the US embassy in Manila and asked if im eligible to make an appointment for our medical so with interview mine starts like MNL but maybe for this year they issued MNA just try to call US embassy and try to give ur case number and u will know if u r eligible already for an interview hope it will help u Godbless:D

ok i'll do that. hopefully i will be since i already paid the fee todaygood.gifthanks

oh, just a quick question did you had to get your cenomar, birth cert & nbi authenticated in DFA? im quite confused, i knew back in 2007 when my bestfriend had hers, she had to get her papers authenticated w/ red ribbon in malacanang then i heard now you can do that in DFA, but some people say they no loner require that. they also dont mention that in their website so im thinking maybe the reason why she was ask before is before her interview where abroad. so i wanted to confirm if do i have to do that or not.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

everything should be authenticated thats their requirement esp. for birth cert.for ur marriage cert(previously)make sure if u are annulled u had this annotation stating ur marriage is already void otherwise they will not accept also bring an original and photocopied of ur annulment decision for nbi just get the usual u dont need to authenticate just get the (for abroad/USA)just relax everything will be fine just keep on praying and God is always there to help u:D

Timeline

everything should be authenticated thats their requirement esp. for birth cert.for ur marriage cert(previously)make sure if u are annulled u had this annotation stating ur marriage is already void otherwise they will not accept also bring an original and photocopied of ur annulment decision for nbi just get the usual u dont need to authenticate just get the (for abroad/USA)just relax everything will be fine just keep on praying and God is always there to help u:D

well i have cenomar delivered today & brith cert too. i will be picking up my NBI clearance this tuesday. so where do i get them authenticated? is it DFA that do this?

Timeline

NSO (Nat'l Statistics Office) DFA is for passport :D

yeah you can also do authentication there buddyheadbonk.gif

so the answer im looking for is if i have to get cenomar, birt cert & nbi clearance to be authenticated or not. and for the record i know that pasporting is from DFA lolrofl.gif

Timeline

yes :Dsorry for not being updated there anymore things have change Gudluck:D

no problem. i am too. i have lived abroad for many years and the longest time i stay here is only a month. so far this 6months was the longest. i never thought it would take this long to wait for the petition to be approved. I was asking becoz my bestfriend back then had her papers authenticated w/red ribbon & seal from malacanang palace. now i heard they do that in DFA. thing is she was interviewed abroad so maybe thats the reason why she was asked to do so. so far i couldnt get a solid confirmation if USEM require the same thing for the interviewwhistling.gif

...did you have to get your cenomar, birth cert & nbi authenticated in DFA?

No, no, and no.

None of those documents are required to be authenticated.

Timeline

No, no, and no.

None of those documents are required to be authenticated.

nice ;) thanks! been wanting to hear such confirmation ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.