Laura_and_IanM

NOA2....now what???

11 posts in this topic

Right, so now we have the NOA2...now what? Is there anything that we can do to get ready beforehand? Also, for the medical and interview, will they be the same day or seperate? If I remember correctly, for the medical, we have to have the assigned case number first right??? Thanks for the help in advance..

LJ

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

checkout the guides section: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow this flow chart will outline the steps.

medical and interview weren't the same day for us, medical tends to be first and you bring the forms/vaccination card with you to the interview.

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We are in the same place. I have been speaking with the consulate here in Costa Rica and they have told me i need the following:

1. Certified Police records from every country you have lived since the age of 16. Also, court or prision records

2. Certified Copy of Birth Certificate

(get 2 copies of the above, you may need them for the I-130 interviw also)

3. They said the medical will have to wait until they receive the case here in Costa Rica

4. Two copies of form DS-230

5. Two copies of form DS-156 (***this form must be filled out and printed from the internet. I found a link to this online form from the Costa Rican embassy web site*****)

6. They told me that I did not need an affidavid of support (I-864 or I-134) only pay stubbs and tax returns, but I am going to fill both of these out just in case along with bringing tax returns and pay stubbs.

7. Passport photos (5cm x 5cm white background)

8. Marriage certificates

9. I am also prepared to bring Wedding pics etc.

This is everything that I have compiled trough searching this website and talking to embassy in Costa Rica. My attorney is still trying to figure all this out...waist of money.

If anyone has anything to add please post. I hope this helps

Good Luck

Chris and Mariana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Who told you that you did not need an I-864 or 134? Sometimes the clerks who review the applications get confused. My guess is when you get P-3 or P-4 both the I-864 and I-134 will be required.

We are in the same place. I have been speaking with the consulate here in Costa Rica and they have told me i need the following:

1. Certified Police records from every country you have lived since the age of 16. Also, court or prision records

2. Certified Copy of Birth Certificate

(get 2 copies of the above, you may need them for the I-130 interviw also)

3. They said the medical will have to wait until they receive the case here in Costa Rica

4. Two copies of form DS-230

5. Two copies of form DS-156 (***this form must be filled out and printed from the internet. I found a link to this online form from the Costa Rican embassy web site*****)

6. They told me that I did not need an affidavid of support (I-864 or I-134) only pay stubbs and tax returns, but I am going to fill both of these out just in case along with bringing tax returns and pay stubbs.

7. Passport photos (5cm x 5cm white background)

8. Marriage certificates

9. I am also prepared to bring Wedding pics etc.

This is everything that I have compiled trough searching this website and talking to embassy in Costa Rica. My attorney is still trying to figure all this out...waist of money.

If anyone has anything to add please post. I hope this helps

Good Luck

Chris and Mariana

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Who told you that you did not need an I-864 or 134? Sometimes the clerks who review the applications get confused. My guess is when you get P-3 or P-4 both the I-864 and I-134 will be required

I called the U.S. embassy consular section in Costa Rica this Morning. They are the ones that told me I did not need the Affidavid of support forms only proof of employment . I don't believe them either. We are filling out both in triplicate just to be safe.

Congrats Laura! From here, your petition will be forwarded to London. We set up my husband's interview by calling with our NVC case number. Within a week or so, my hubby received the packet 3 and returned it. For this, he will need to obtain a UK police certificate (40 days processing) and his vaccination records. In addition, he will have to know the dates of prior residence and employment dating from what seemed like conception. I may be missing something here that others can help you with.

On your end, for London, you will need to fill out an I-134 with all supporting documents and send your husband copies of all your paperwork thus far. As far as I know, it is very rare for an interview and a medical to be done on the same day. Good luck and godspeed!

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Who told you that you did not need an I-864 or 134? Sometimes the clerks who review the applications get confused. My guess is when you get P-3 or P-4 both the I-864 and I-134 will be required.

The I-134 when used for K visas is only for a conof to determine if the applicant will or wont become a public charge. There is often a variation between consulates in what they require to determine such. The I-864 is only VERY occasionally asked for with K visas and in fact they are erroneous in using such as set down in the FAMM it should not be used for K visas. The I-864 is for CR/IR-1 immigrant visa and for adjustment of status cases. Always good to be guided by others going through the same consulate.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Congrats Laura! From here, your petition will be forwarded to London. We set up my husband's interview by calling with our NVC case number. Within a week or so, my hubby received the packet 3 and returned it. For this, he will need to obtain a UK police certificate (40 days processing) and his vaccination records. In addition, he will have to know the dates of prior residence and employment dating from what seemed like conception. I may be missing something here that others can help you with.

On your end, for London, you will need to fill out an I-134 with all supporting documents and send your husband copies of all your paperwork thus far. As far as I know, it is very rare for an interview and a medical to be done on the same day. Good luck and godspeed!

Thank you MrsWhizz and everyone else!!! MrsWhizz, when you say sent to London, isn't there something that comes to me first from NVC? I hope there isn't anything that I need to fill out lol because I am in England living with my hubby so that would mean only one more step added to our process...BTW...I keep reading this bit about an agent...what the hell is that ??? and who determines who the agent is???

Thanks guys...

LJ

TIMELINE

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

BTW...I keep reading this bit about an agent...what the hell is that ??? and who determines who the agent is???

Thanks guys...

LJ

The DS-3032 (choice of agent) is for the I-130 process at NVC, not for the I-129F. There are no forms to sumbit at NVC for the K-3 process.

Just thought I'd tie that up Laura ;)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

BTW...I keep reading this bit about an agent...what the hell is that ??? and who determines who the agent is???

Thanks guys...

LJ

The DS-3032 (choice of agent) is for the I-130 process at NVC, not for the I-129F. There are no forms to sumbit at NVC for the K-3 process.

Just thought I'd tie that up Laura ;)

Thanks Lorelle lol. I should have updated and said that I got that answered. Now how about my other question in regards to the medical? Do we have to wait until Ian is assigned a case number or can we just make his appointment now???

Thanks for that...

Laura :thumbs:

TIMELINE

Filed: Other Timeline

depends on the doctor. You can call them and ask them. I know the one in Toronto needed a case number in order to even make the appointment, but I don't know if others are different.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.