mjeudy

Waiting on my visa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everybody am new in this forums in Aug,03,2010 my I601 waiver was approved by USCIS since than receive a letter from montreal embassy a week after on the Aug,27,2010 all document requested has sent to montreal embassy passport,medical,police certificate,affidavit support since than 5 months from now no words from the embassy i email to email no respond i dont know what to do anymore any one has the same problem with montreal embassy..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They take their time and are pretty slow.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have read though this thread. There are some suggestions on how to contact Montreal. Good luck!

Contacting Montreal!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

You are preaching to the choir my friend :)

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

same here Montreal interview was IR/CR1 Wed.Jan 12th now here in Vancouver waiting on DHL for visa and passport...........

Colin and Patty

We are still waiting for my fiance's visa to arrive too. He got approved on wed. the 12th and we are still waiting for the DHL in Brampton to verfiy they have received it.....

Edited by soscolin

Timeline

'OK so we checked DHL this morning (Friday) and it now says it showed up yesterday (Thursday). It hadn't updated until it was delivered. And the visa site hasn't updated as of yet. We are on our way to pick it up at DHL. By the way it says 'undeliverable' which means that it is ready for pick up.

same here Montreal interview was IR/CR1 Wed.Jan 12th now here in Vancouver waiting on DHL for visa and passport...........

Colin and Patty

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wow your picking it up already? our DHL reference # still says no record found. Is this what yours said when it was ready? we are stunned it isnt ready yet bc its been almost 7 days already. and we are picking up at the DHL site only 6 hours from Montreal...help anyone.....

Timeline

when it is ready it will show you details of the delivery from the time it left the Consulate to the DHL location and will then say 'undeliverable' meaning I did not pick it up. It was actually there at DHL for a whole day before it showed up on their web page. Keep entering in the reference number is all I can say I did.

wow your picking it up already? our DHL reference # still says no record found. Is this what yours said when it was ready? we are stunned it isnt ready yet bc its been almost 7 days already. and we are picking up at the DHL site only 6 hours from Montreal...help anyone.....

Timeline

My Fiance and I are still waiting on our K1 Visa and Passport to arrive at the Brampton DHL location. My reference ID shows no records on the DHL.ca website. My question is did you fill out any waybill information when you got to the consulate? I was reading the website and found this:

General Process Overview

Upon arrival for the interview, a completed waybill may be provided to each applicant. The waybill will contain their waybill number for tracking their documents, as well as the courier location selected for pickup.

Now they never gave me any forms when it came to this after my approval and congratulations letter was received. Should I be concerned about this? When I call the DHL office they tell me I need a waybill number that starts with the letter S, how ever when I call the consulate about this information they just tell me to use the reference number on my file.. but nothing.

Its been 9 business days now..and with plans to goto the US and actual job interviews awaiting as well..I'm getting a little concerned and need some guidance. I have the letter that clearly says congratulations.. the interviewer told me I was approved.. Can after an approval my passport still be held back? Can I still get rejected? When can I call into the consulate and ask about the actual status on my passport? They keep telling me to wait wait wait with no real answer as of why it hasnt been shipped out. I've sent an email to the consulate but only got an automated response back on this.

Please help. (or am I just being impatient?)

Thank you in advanced.

Timeline

The DHL reference number you generated by going to the http://www.usvisa-in...country_welcome is the number you enter in tracking number at DHL. I also called DHL and they told me the tracking number was not a way they could trace anything. Then the agent checked again and said yes the tracking number was fine and I was to keep checking at the DHL site. Finally it was there last Friday morning. It had arrived at DHL Thursday morning who had picked it up at the Consulate Wed afternoon after the Consulate has processed my visa on the Tues. I had not received a phone call and it took the gov't site a few days to update as well and it finally showed up there as having been picked up.

There was no need for me to do anything on interview day as far as the tracking number. I asked the lady at the desk on the 19th floor near the elevator but she looked at my reference (tracking) number and said that was the one I needed to check with at the DHL site. Colin (and Patty)

Feel bad for you since you have been through such a delay..........

----------------

Timeline

The DHL reference number you generated by going to the http://www.usvisa-in...country_welcome is the number you enter in tracking number at DHL. I also called DHL and they told me the tracking number was not a way they could trace anything. Then the agent checked again and said yes the tracking number was fine and I was to keep checking at the DHL site. Finally it was there last Friday morning. It had arrived at DHL Thursday morning who had picked it up at the Consulate Wed afternoon after the Consulate has processed my visa on the Tues. I had not received a phone call and it took the gov't site a few days to update as well and it finally showed up there as having been picked up.

There was no need for me to do anything on interview day as far as the tracking number. I asked the lady at the desk on the 19th floor near the elevator but she looked at my reference (tracking) number and said that was the one I needed to check with at the DHL site. Colin (and Patty)

Feel bad for you since you have been through such a delay..........

----------------

Thank you for your response. Can I ask you about your ref#? mine is a 7 digit number with no letters or anything 1601122 was yours in the exact same format? or did you have letters mixed in with yours, was it a longer number? I appreciate the help you have given us. This is Danielle's fiance Alfred, patiently waiting in Toronto. Do you know if I can call in and literally ask whats going on with my passport? They told me after 10 days I can file an inquiry I just don't understand why if they approved me why its taken so long for my passport to arrive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.