Jimen & Kenly

Contents of the blue slip

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancee received a blue slip asking for sworn statements.

1. Timeline

2. Petitioner's name/dob/address(10 years)/phone

3. Beneficiary's name/dob/address(10 years)/phone

4. Beneficiary's relatives in the US (name/relationship/address + evidence)

Note, there is a star next to #1 and #4, what's the significance of the star?

#4 asks for relatives, the dictionary definition of relatives is anyone related by blood or marriage. My fiancee is still in contact with her sister in the US, but lost contact with her cousins in the US, what should she do about the cousins?

Thanks in advance for anything pointers.

--jc

P.S. The details they are asking for seem to be very insignificant. Anyone know why they would want such information? I've read that in some cases, the CO will deny the visa as soon as these documents are submitted without even an interview, what are the odds of that happening?

Timeline

I've seen other blue slips that had an asterisk next to some items but not others. I don't know what the significance of this is, or if there is any significance to it.

The timeline is a pretty common request. They want a believable explanation for how your relationship developed. You'll find a number of threads in this sub-forum about the timeline.

The list of her relatives is also pretty common. They suspect she might be motivated primarily by a desire to immigrate to reunite with her family members rather than a desire for a marital relationship with you. That's probably also why they're asking for your addresses going back 10 years. They might be suspecting that your relationship was arranged by one of her family members in the US. She should do whatever she can to get the information about her relatives in the US. If it turns out that you know one of her relatives in the US, or especially if the relative had anything to do with your introduction to your fiancee, then explain this thoroughly in your timeline.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For one reason or another, the CO did not feel comfortable issuing the pink slip yet. The blue you got is fairly common. Not sure why they would have an astrisk on any of them and not another. Why ask for it if it isnt important.. unless its just a tool to use as a delay tactic.. Be sure that everything on that list is thoroughly addressed when she takes those docs in..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Be sure that everything on that list is thoroughly addressed when she takes those docs in..

Hello,

I have some follow up questions.

The 4th item requests a list of relatives in the US. My fiancee has a sister, her husband and son in the US. The blue slip says to include evidence of the residence in the US such as phone bill or driver's license. To be thorough, do I need to provide the driver's license for all of the sister's family members or just the sister's driver's license?

And just for clarification, the blue slip asks for 4 items, but I can probably fit my residence and my fiancee's residence information on one sheet of paper instead of two. I should probably put them on separate papers instead, each sheet with one item of information asked?

Anyone have examples of how I should format the information? Has anyone done this before and was told they wrote the documents incorrectly and had to redo it? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

--jc

I smell denial or AP in process.

CR1 timeline:

11/2008: submit I130

11/15/2008: case sent to CSC

06/02/2009: uscis approval

08/05/2009: interview-get blue slip request timeline

08/25/2009: submit timeline - get denial blue slip

Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do."

Tôi biết nó, thằng nói câu nói đó

Tôi biết nó, đồng bào miền Bắc này biết nó

Việc nó làm, tội nó phạm ra sao

Nó đầu tiên đem râu nó bện vào

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Bàn tay Nga đầy băng tuyết giá

Cũng nhoài qua lục địa Trung Hoa

Không phải xoa đầu mà túm tóc nó từ xa

Nó đứng không yên, tất bật, điên đầu

Lúc rụi vào Tàu, lúc rúc vào Nga

Nó gọi Tàu Nga là cha anh nó Và tình nguyện làm con chó nhỏ

Xông xáo giữ nhà gác ngõ cho cha anh

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Seperate pages for each thing requested. Even if there is room, always do seperate, and make sure each is labled as what it is. Make it clear and understandable. As far as cousins living in the U.S. list everyone she knows that she can get in touch with. Even if this means calling around, and then everyone that will send info/proof of where they live I.E. phone bill/water bill or even a copy of a drivers liscense, submit all of those as her relatives, if she cannot contact one of them or they do not send what is needed then leave them out, as long as this is not everyperson on her list. The reason for this is that if you list one and dont have proof, it looks fishy, but if you dont submit any relatives this also looks fishy. It isnt too hard to understand, give them what they want. Good luck Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Seperate pages for each thing requested. Even if there is room, always do seperate, and make sure each is labled as what it is. Make it clear and understandable. As far as cousins living in the U.S. list everyone she knows that she can get in touch with. Even if this means calling around, and then everyone that will send info/proof of where they live I.E. phone bill/water bill or even a copy of a drivers liscense, submit all of those as her relatives, if she cannot contact one of them or they do not send what is needed then leave them out, as long as this is not everyperson on her list. The reason for this is that if you list one and dont have proof, it looks fishy, but if you dont submit any relatives this also looks fishy. It isnt too hard to understand, give them what they want. Good luck Jerome and Binh

Agreed. :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I smell denial or AP in process.

Others with the exact same blue slip contents were approved when they submitted the documentation. This does NOT mean an automatic denial or AP... As with any case those things can happen...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.