Mike & Allen

2011 Poverty Guidelines

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Probably will be adjusted up for inflation.

USCIS will post what they expect here if and when available: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73c63591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

This wont be a factor until interview and later adjustment of status, Affidavit of support is NOT filed with I-129F.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does anyone know if the 2011 Federal Poverty Guidelines be different from the 2010 Guidelines?

Most likely yes. They typically are increased each year. The new numbers take affect on March 1 and at the consulates on April 1.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Most likely yes. They typically are increased each year. The new numbers take affect on March 1 and at the consulates on April 1.

They increase?? How can that be with this economic situation going on?

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

09/20/10 - Package arrived in Dallas,TX

09/22/10 - NOA1 (e-mail), routed to VSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They increase?? How can that be with this economic situation going on?

The current economic situation is going on due to inflation making things cost more, Cost of living goes up, so poverty line goes up too.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

The current economic situation is going on due to inflation making things cost more, Cost of living goes up, so poverty line goes up too.

Darnit! The 2010 guideline (125%) for a household of 2 is $18,400. How much do you think that will increase?

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Darnit! The 2010 guideline (125%) for a household of 2 is $18,400. How much do you think that will increase?
Actually it's $18,212 as per: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

The requirement didn't change in 2010 that I noticed. Maybe it was up by $1 or so but I filed in April 2010 but checked it way back in Nov 2009 when we got married and it was the same then. Hopefully the same will happen this year.

Timeline
Probably will be adjusted up for inflation.

USCIS will post what they expect here if and when available: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73c63591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

This wont be a factor until interview and later adjustment of status, Affidavit of support is NOT filed with I-129F.

The Affidavit of Support (I-864) isn't filed with the I-129F but when it comes to visa time you need to submit the I-134 and some countries require you to prove that you earn over 125% of the poverty guidelines when you file it. Some countries expect you to prove only 100% for the I-134. For that reason you need to at least know what the poverty guidelines are and the I-864P that I posted in my previous post above shows them.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

The Affidavit of Support (I-864) isn't filed with the I-129F but when it comes to visa time you need to submit the I-134 and some countries require you to prove that you earn over 125% of the poverty guidelines when you file it. Some countries expect you to prove only 100% for the I-134. For that reason you need to at least know what the poverty guidelines are and the I-864P that I posted in my previous post above shows them.

Where can you find what guideline is needed for wich country?

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Timeline
Where can you find what guideline is needed for wich country?

Usually it's on your country's website but if you can't find it you assume 125%.

I went to the Netherlands website here: http://amsterdam.usconsulate.gov/k_visas.html then clicked on the more info link that led here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html and then in turn clicked on the financial info that led here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#9 which states that 100% is needed.

To be safe though, seeing that you need 125% for the Adjustment of Status when applying for the GC once in the US, I would make sure to prove you earn that amount.. though it's not REQUIRED for your country, it would certainly make me feel safer to avoid a possible RFE

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Usually it's on your country's website but if you can't find it you assume 125%.

I went to the Netherlands website here: http://amsterdam.usconsulate.gov/k_visas.html then clicked on the more info link that led here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html and then in turn clicked on the financial info that led here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#9 which states that 100% is needed.

To be safe though, seeing that you need 125% for the Adjustment of Status when applying for the GC once in the US, I would make sure to prove you earn that amount.. though it's not REQUIRED for your country, it would certainly make me feel safer to avoid a possible RFE

Thank you for looking that up!! She makes above the 125% guideline but only by a couple of thousand (she's a senior in college). She also changed jobs this year, made 11,500 this year at her new job, but with her old job added she makes enough to meet the requirments.

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Timeline
Thank you for looking that up!! She makes above the 125% guideline but only by a couple of thousand (she's a senior in college). She also changed jobs this year, made 11,500 this year at her new job, but with her old job added she makes enough to meet the requirments.

When we did adjustment of status my husband had the previous year (for the "most recent tax year") studied full time but still worked as much as he could and because of that we only made over the requirement by about $1,000 but we were approved without interview or RFE.

When we did the K1 he'd been working full time the previous year so we were fine. Over is over, they don't care by how much.

Timeline

When we did adjustment of status my husband had the previous year (for the "most recent tax year") studied full time but still worked as much as he could and because of that we only made over the requirement by about $1,000 but we were approved without interview or RFE.

When we did the K1 he'd been working full time the previous year so we were fine. Over is over, they don't care by how much.

Even if she changed jobs and at her new job she hasnt made the $18,200 yet?

But with both jobs combined she makes over that.

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Timeline
Even if she changed jobs and at her new job she hasnt made the $18,200 yet?

But with both jobs combined she makes over that.

Doesn't matter that she's only earned that much "so far".

So for instance, what does her 2009 tax return say? How much does that say? She would also include a letter from her employer saying when she started, her position title and how much she earns annually OR if she doesn't have an annual amount then the number of hours she works (per week or month or something) then the amount she earns per hour. If she included her pay stubs that would help showing that her CURRENT income exceeds the amount.

It doesn't matter that "to-date" she hasn't earn $18,212 at the current job, it matters that in following years she makes above the amount.

Lets say for example, I work at a job that pays me $20K per year but I haven't worked there for 12 months yet.. my "income" is still $20K per year. I would provide a letter from employer stating my annual wage and I'll be fine. My husbands I-134 letter was a letter from his employer stating he worked a minimum of 40 hours a week and what his wage was. That was fine.

It will all be okay. :D

Timeline

Doesn't matter that she's only earned that much "so far".

So for instance, what does her 2009 tax return say? How much does that say? She would also include a letter from her employer saying when she started, her position title and how much she earns annually OR if she doesn't have an annual amount then the number of hours she works (per week or month or something) then the amount she earns per hour. If she included her pay stubs that would help showing that her CURRENT income exceeds the amount.

It doesn't matter that "to-date" she hasn't earn $18,212 at the current job, it matters that in following years she makes above the amount.

Lets say for example, I work at a job that pays me $20K per year but I haven't worked there for 12 months yet.. my "income" is still $20K per year. I would provide a letter from employer stating my annual wage and I'll be fine. My husbands I-134 letter was a letter from his employer stating he worked a minimum of 40 hours a week and what his wage was. That was fine.

It will all be okay. :D

haha hope it will be ok lol! Thanks for explaining tho.

Her 2009 tax-return was I believe $22,500. This years (2010 tax return) amount will be around $20,000. $11,500 new job, rest old job.

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.