Sayha or bust.

Wrong address of X wife

3 posts in this topic

On my time line and 10 years list of residency, I was told by my Lawyer to include my x wifes address and telephone number. I have been divorced over 7 years and haven't spoke or really knew her where abouts, so i did a white book search on the internet and found her address. Some how I must of put it down wrong because the lawyer caught it. Heres the problem,the original document was notarized and is in his posession. I emailed him the correct address. My fiances interview is Jan 18th. He made it sound that he can fix but i don't know how when I wont be able to give another notarized letter before the interview.

My question is how is important is that address? I answered to the best of my knowlege the information about residency, I'm not even sure if the x wife's address is current. Do you think this could be a big Red flag or blue slip comming my way?

How much English do you think her interview could be in? She's khmay Krom so her Vietnamese is her second language and her pronunciation of English is not that well. Why no khmay translater's in HCM?

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

On my time line and 10 years list of residency, I was told by my Lawyer to include my x wifes address and telephone number. I have been divorced over 7 years and haven't spoke or really knew her where abouts, so i did a white book search on the internet and found her address. Some how I must of put it down wrong because the lawyer caught it. Heres the problem,the original document was notarized and is in his posession. I emailed him the correct address. My fiances interview is Jan 18th. He made it sound that he can fix but i don't know how when I wont be able to give another notarized letter before the interview.

My question is how is important is that address? I answered to the best of my knowlege the information about residency, I'm not even sure if the x wife's address is current. Do you think this could be a big Red flag or blue slip comming my way?

How much English do you think her interview could be in? She's khmay Krom so her Vietnamese is her second language and her pronunciation of English is not that well. Why no khmay translater's in HCM?

Rich, If they use white out to "fix" the problem, it will throw up red flags, if Nam fixes one but not the other it will look different possibly causing red flags. If it was me I would try to get another one notorized and sent ASAP, that OR leave the mistake and not even mention it, and if asked then tell them that she must have moved and that was the last known address you had from her which is not a lie since you did look in the phone book and that is what you came up with.

The reason for no Khmay Krom translators is because this is Vietnam, and people here are expected to speak Vietnamese. There might be Khmay translators in HCMC, but the embassy would not hire them in hopes of someone needing them at the interview, however if hundreds of Khmay Krom started going for interviews at HCMC they MIGHT and I stress might hire one, but look at the state of the American econoomy. It would be like having a Spanish translator on hand in HCMC incase a Mexican came to Vietnam then tried to immigrate from here. It might happen, just not on a regular enough basis to justify the costs.

Jerome

BTW how is Sayha doing, she has never came back by to say hello or anything, hopefully her interview prep is going well and Nam has stopped being so rude with her

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Rich, good luck for you and your fiance!!! We're all pullin for ya here at the Murrell house!! She'll get through it man! Keep your head up and never back down from a fight if they give you one!!

J.R. & Uyen Murrell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.