james&olya

Best, Worst, Most unexpected thing about FSU

313 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

But the worst... the cold. Having lived most of my life inconstantly 80-100 degree weather places, I didn't think it would be humanely possible to be so cold.

Where I live in the US it is just a little warmer than where most Russians live. I had great difficulty on US internet dating sites due to where I live. Never mind it is one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. The cold and the distance from major population centers made it near impossible for me to connect with the right woman here unless I was willing to move. So where do you think a successful American family-oriented male might find an attractive, intelligent woman willing to consider moving to a place like this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Where I live in the US it is just a little warmer than where most Russians live. I had great difficulty on US internet dating sites due to where I live. Never mind it is one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. The cold and the distance from major population centers made it near impossible for me to connect with the right woman here unless I was willing to move. So where do you think a successful American family-oriented male might find an attractive, intelligent woman willing to consider moving to a place like this?

Siberia!!! :lol:

I can understand the feeling. we had 30" of snow last night. 30" !!!!! Last night!!!! Holy #######!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Aw, I'd move to a place like that for a good man. A lady who cares so much about that isn't worth it. Get a nice coat and it's bearable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Aw, I'd move to a place like that for a good man. A lady who cares so much about that isn't worth it. Get a nice coat and it's bearable.

Now you tell me! Where were you a couple of years ago? :lol: Never mind, too late now! I have met and fallen in love with a terrific woman (L) . If people want to consider her a MOB that is their issue!

I have never said that there were NO american women that I could be happy with, I just never had the good luck to connect with the right one. But now that I have gotten interested in a certain FSU lady I wouldn't have it any other way. Sharing the same values and interests/goals in life but from very different backgrounds only enriches our relationship!

Timeline

A nice coat and a bucket loader!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We have it all. The Brits and Canadians have butted in on one of our other threads (looking for good food) and ruined it. Nothing to do now but abandon it to them. It is like gangrene, you just gotta cut it off! Poor things. I know they admire us and hold us in awe (plus they like to check out our profile photos of the hot chicks)but I can't stand all the attention. They just gotta get lives!

My hot wife has a hot car. I have a mini van and a plain jane F150. But I have buttloads of guns!

What's your idea of a hot car? I would wager that this is another topic that we will not see eye to eye on. My very first two cars I think would fit the classical definition, I had a 56' Ford F100, and my second car was a '67 Chevy Camaro SS. I wouldn't consider a miata a hot car :rofl:

Ohhhh man...!! I was just chatting on the phone to a very hot Ukraine chick, it's 4am there in Kiev.. decided to see what happened here with our invasion....that was pretty funny Gary! Almost spit my tea out.... :rofl: :rofl:

As far cars, I guess I grew out of the Pontiac Firebird phase, at the moment I have an Audi S6 with a 352 HP V8. But the Damn roads are so beat up here in New Orleans, it ain't worth having a nice car. I'm very close to dumping the car and buying a Bass Boat and truck setup. :)

352 HP? : :blink:

You sure you got the 8 cylinder model? I have an s4 which has more HP than that. Unless you got a pre 2003 model, you should be getting more than 352 HP. If you're checking out the new models, the s6 is a beast now. It used to be the neglected red-headed step-child of the s4. But now they are putting a v10 in it with all the bells and whistles. The s5 though is the model with the highest performance.

Timeline

What's your idea of a hot car? I would wager that this is another topic that we will not see eye to eye on. My very first two cars I think would fit the classical definition, I had a 56' Ford F100, and my second car was a '67 Chevy Camaro SS. I wouldn't consider a miata a hot car :rofl:

352 HP? : :blink:

You sure you got the 8 cylinder model? I have an s4 which has more HP than that. Unless you got a pre 2003 model, you should be getting more than 352 HP. If you're checking out the new models, the s6 is a beast now. It used to be the neglected red-headed step-child of the s4. But now they are putting a v10 in it with all the bells and whistles. The s5 though is the model with the highest performance.

I am not a car guy. I am a gun guy. If the car serves the purpose I don't care about much else. I wouldn't have much to add to a conversation on cars.

Winchesters, S&W's are my favorites, but classics of any type are fine with me.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't consider a '56 Ford F100 a hot car...

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

Then clearly you aren't someone who appreciates cars.

LOL!! When did they make a car out of it?

I think you can see I do appreciate cars.

Edited by Neonred

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Timeline

Either you have no appreciation for classic cars, or a neophyte. Either way, who wouldn't like this?

0608cct_07_z+f100_supernationals+1956_ford_f100.jpg

I think you can see I do appreciate cars.

So you're arguing petty semantics huh? I can see you do appreciate cars? What, from the cookie cutter overpriced roadster in your avatar? Pft.

Edited by Rob & Mel

Timeline

Either you have no appreciation for classic cars, or a neophyte. Either way, who wouldn't like this?

0608cct_07_z+f100_supernationals+1956_ford_f100.jpg

I've got several classic cars. Just not into TRUCKS.

Guess you don't know the difference

Edited by Neonred

Then clearly you aren't someone who appreciates cars.

lol... the '56 ford p/u had 170hp, and that was for the v8's, less for the 6 cyl. We had a few old trucks on our farm... a 62 ford, a 59 gmc and unless those trucks were customized and had a 4 blt main dropped in them...they were what they were...a work truck and nothing more.

I can take a go kart, drop a V8 in it and make it "hot", otherwise it's just a go kart and nothing more.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I've got several classic cars. Just not into TRUCKS.

Come on now, let's not be petty with meaningless semantics like cars vs. trucks. But for the sake of keeping to your definition, any thoughts on a 1970 barricuda versus a 69 chevelle? Those are the two i'm looking at for a project car. Unfortunately, the barricuda isn't a hemi, I wish I made enough to buy one of those.

Timeline

Come on now, let's not be petty with meaningless semantics like cars vs. trucks. But for the sake of keeping to your definition, any thoughts on a 1970 barricuda versus a 69 chevelle? Those are the two i'm looking at for a project car. Unfortunately, the barricuda isn't a hemi, I wish I made enough to buy one of those.

Although I tend to be a Mopar guy and do have a couple of odd ball Chevys, in this case I would go with the 69 Chevelle, if it's a super sport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.