Cherieish

I-129F question 18 - Meeting in person

22 posts in this topic

There is no “full Proof” method in most cases being you cannot read the minds of anyone inside the USCIS. However, search for a sample form I-129F on the JV site. In Block 18, it asks you to briefly describe how you met. We applied a brief description in this block. However, I have seen others insert the verbiage “See attached statement,” and of course, they place a written, signed statement after the I-129F form. A brief description should suffice, along with an array of your “Evidence of Relationship.” One recommendation that I believe is important is to have copies of postal mail/letters from your fiancé(e). It is my understanding that they like to see a series of postal mail versus emails for authentication reasons. Additionally, postal letters take time to write, and they show a more personal touch. Make sure that you list the “International Marriage Broker” if you used one! Meaning, a WEB site that you may met each other through.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There is no “full Proof” method in most cases being you cannot read the minds of anyone inside the USCIS. However, search for a sample form I-129F on the JV site. In Block 18, it asks you to briefly describe how you met. We applied a brief description in this block. However, I have seen others insert the verbiage “See attached statement,” and of course, they place a written, signed statement after the I-129F form. A brief description should suffice, along with an array of your “Evidence of Relationship.” One recommendation that I believe is important is to have copies of postal mail/letters from your fiancé(e). It is my understanding that they like to see a series of postal mail versus emails for authentication reasons. Additionally, postal letters take time to write, and they show a more personal touch. Make sure that you list the “International Marriage Broker” if you used one! Meaning, a WEB site that you may met each other through.

They need to see evidence you met in person. They do not care about emails or postal mail. Makes no difference for the petition. Such things are for the "evidence of relationship" at the interview. When your file arrives at the service center, it is disassembled and placed in a folder that they use in an order that they use. Things such as emails and such are put in the "misc" section that really is not needed for petition approval and rarely gets looked at. A typical petition is approved about 20 minutes after it is opened. The adjudicator goes down a check list and if everything is there and your backgorund check passes (that takes about 30 seconds unless there are questions) you are approved. It is really not a matter of what they "like" or not. If you meet the qualifications your petition gets approved. It is not a subjective thing. They couldn't possibly care less about "a personal touch".

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Note, "International Marriage Broker" does not simply mean a web site where you met. It doesn't include websites such as match.com or eharmony.com. It is rather a fee-based service that specifically matches US residents with foreigners.

My initial emphasis on the question as partiality quoted from the person’s question, “I "explain how we've met in person for the last two years,” was answered by pointing out to the form I-129F, Block 18. Now, I get the idea that you or someone you know is currently or has previously worked closely with the USCIS. The recommendation of postal mail was not intended to be relating to evidence that they met, but rather a side note as you have properly labeled "Evidence of Relationship.” I apologize for not totally clarifying my side note. However, while I have not witnessed the K-1 (USCIS) process nor have ever been acquainted with anyone remotely close to this encounter, I did not prepare my K-1 packet for the 99.9% rule. It was the .1% chance of error, incompetency, complacency, and or prejudice by one or more Federal Employees’ that everyone else out here has feared. The numbers I have used above are not substantiated by sheer intelligence or proof, rather perception many have regarding the U.S. Federal Government. As noted from your reply, the process seems logical, and, I have heard it stated in prior excerpts. Nonetheless, most of us are preparing to endure the “fly by the seat of your pants” of dispensing standard that the USCIS has most likely established due to the workload. Therefore, I hope the questioner and yourself forgive me for not fully elaborating as to my subject content.

Regarding the “International Marriage Broker” input, thanks for the clarification.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just used the box provided and entered one sentence: "The last time we saw each other in person was from December 27th 2009 to January 3rd 2010 when I visited Ireland to spend time with him". I then included as many pieces of evidence as I could of our being in the same country during that meeting and other times, so there was no doubt we had been together physically. I included boarding passes, luggage tags, passport stamps, my Irish immigration card, a shared lease in our names, and pieces of mail we had both received at our shared apartment. I also submitted 6 photos as secondary evidence.

Seriously I think what you say in that box is far less important than the EVIDENCE that you've met physically. A huge package with your whole relationship saga laid out is wholly unnecessary for London.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

No it's way too long. The size of the box on the form is the length they are expecting. I used two sentences:

We met online on October xx, 2008 and corresponded using various mediums almost daily. We met together in Kiev, Ukraine from Feb 14, 2009 to Feb 24, 2009.

I amm relieved to hear from you and others that the supplementary sheet is not necessary. I did not include one as it did not sound like it was necessary from their instructions. Since I sent the I-129F petition in I have read so many posts that seem to acknowledge that it is practically required to provide a highly detailed account of the meeting. Now I will relax and not worry that an RFE will be headed my way. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:thumbs:

I amm relieved to hear from you and others that the supplementary sheet is not necessary. I did not include one as it did not sound like it was necessary from their instructions. Since I sent the I-129F petition in I have read so many posts that seem to acknowledge that it is practically required to provide a highly detailed account of the meeting. Now I will relax and not worry that an RFE will be headed my way. Thank you!

It is not at all necessary to provide any sort of supplement, "love story" or anything of the sort. One or two sentences describing how you have met in person at least one time in the last two years. Details not necessary. That's it. The requirements to qualify for an approved petition are really not very difficult at all. If you meet them, the petition will be approved.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.