Jun&Scheillo

How can I let the USCIS know what I think of them

97 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

An extra $1000 is a very small amount to pay to not go through alot of months of waiting. Read recently that outside the China Consulate for $5000 you could get your Visa Petion approved, "guaranteed". I would gladly pay an extra $5000 to not go this process for as long as my girl and I have done. $5000 would be a small amount compare to another trip to China, and running two households instead of one, for the past year, since our denial in dec 09....

After 3 years of waiting we would gladly pay 1,000 bucks just to know when I will receive a green card (or not) plus or minus 3 months. The good news for us is that after 3 years of waiting the Canadian dollar is par with the US dollar. This of course would offset our 1,000 investment for knowledge hence a freebee.... For illustration purposes I have not mentioned the variable and fixed costs of maintaining two households etc. Of course the aforementioned expenses could have been put to good use in reducing the national deficit...... I am still trying to figure out how to subtract 8 from 6.... Perhaps I missed that math class.

See folks, what waiting can do for you. Just have patience please, however after 2 years you may lose it like me. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Your country is the USA right now. Did you become a U.S. citizen? Do you live here right now? Then my point stands. Your home country and birth country are Belgium. If I moved to Brazil and became a citizen, then my country would be Brazil.

Also by 'Your' he implied the USA and the USA was in fact built by immigrants.

Furthermore, the whole USCIS thing is run by politics, it is a government agency and whatever the current administration finds more important (TPS, Work Visa, K-1s etc) is what gets done asap with the rest on the back burner. USCIS falls under DHS (Dept. Homeland Security), so if Napolitano wants TPS visas done asap and extended, then that is what shall take priority over anything else.

Let me very clear... I'm also a Belgian citizen and when I was forced tomorrow to give up one of the two, the choice would be very easy. I stay here because of my wife and her kids. I had more freedom and a much better and secure life in Belgium but sometimes you have to take responsibilities. She was not allowed to bring over the kids to Europe so I did the move. Not always easy but it's a part of reality. Sometimes reality sucks. I also have to thank "Mike and Minchian" for their positive contribution. The world would be better of when all would think like this.

Naturalization Journey

7/16/2010 N400 sent to Texas Lockbox

7/20/2010 Delivery Notification N400 Package

7/28/2010 Check Cashed

7/29/2010 NOA received per mail / Notice date = 7/26/2010

8/09/2010 NOA received per mail / FP / Notice date = 8/05/2010

9/03/2010 Fingerprints

9/27/2010 Yellow letter received per mail / Notice date = 9/23/2010

10/21/2010 Case touched and file send to local office

10/29/2010 NOA2 interview received per mail / FP / Notice date = 10/22/2010

11/23/2010 Citizenship Interview - APPROVED

11/23/2010 Oath Ceremony in Newark, NJ - U.S. CITIZEN

11/24/2010 Received my passport

11/24/2010 Took care of my SSC and Driver's License

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is a very nice theory, but in case you haven't noticed, 30 million Toms, DIcks and Harrys have already snuck across the border. And for them, it was as easy as that.

For a system to work, people must have confidence that it will work for them. Thirty million Latinos already decided that the system would not work for them, and I am wondering why we are putting up with this so called system when those 30 million took their shortcut, and the shortcut worked for them, just like that. No rules, no regulations, no questions answered. Just like that.

Look you know ok the illegals snuck in and the same happens in Australia with the boat people coming in our waters and getting in illegally through the northern parts of Aus but fortunately they end up in detention centers and don't get much further than that and are there for years some of them. Or if they do come by boat loads unfortunately again a lot of them die. SO I am not saying it is right or it is wrong it's just procedure and government system and can't see the point in complaining about it even though I did my fair share through our wait but it is what it is. Not going to lose sleep over it that's for sure just have to be happy and continue being happy and know that it will get better.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Anyone applying for a k1 already makes enough to travel internationally.

Yes they can, but some of those international travelers only have to walk across a border. Others have to fly half way around the world.

John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Want a constructive suggestion? Here is one:

Let the IRS process these petitions instead of USCIS.

Sound crazy? Look at it this way: The IRS processes over 100 million tax returns in 3 1/2 months. Each one gets processed in under 5 weeks, less than 1/4 of the time it takes USCIS to process an I129f, despite the IRS having over 50 times as many filings to process as does USCIS.

AND the IRS does not require the $1,820.00 per hour the USCIS claims to need to break even. The IRS works for free.

Less than 1/4 of the processing time despite over 50 times the workload and no fees to pay for any of it! Hats off to the fine work at the Internal Revenue Service!

So what was that I read about how USCIS is government and that';s the way government is, so deal with it?

That would be horrible! You'd get a quick answer...but the full review would come later. You'd get an RFE 3 years later, and if they aren't happy...your special person gets deported.

(Then the officer says on the record "Another agent may come up with a different opinion)

Can you tell I have experience with those joyful people too? ^^; I didn't know the IRS auditors were supposed to have opinions... ^^; It's also convenient when the penalty is cheaper than the cost of fighting it!

10/31/2010 - 12:05AM (Seoul Time) : Proposed, she said yes
11/1/2010 - 8:17PM (Seoul Time)   : Her father approved
12/3/2010 - 1:26PM (Alaska Time)  : 2lb I-129F package left my office
12/6/2010 - 8:39AM (Central Time) : Package arrived in Lewisville Texas
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS text message
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS e-mail notification, headed to CSC
12/8/2010 - 9:14PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS e-mail notification
12/8/2010 - 9:15PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS text message
12/9/2010 -                       : Check processed at JP Morgan
12/10/2010 -                      : Check processed at my bank
x/x/xxxx - Married?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Why does it take the USCIS five months to do fifteen minutes of work? What business that charges you $455.00 to perform fifteen minutes of work, makes you wait five months for that work to be done, and gives you zero feedback on how that work is progressing would stay in business? Why does a government that is supposed to be the best one in the world work this badly?

And while we are at it, who the hell is the government to stand in judgment over my choice of wife anyway?

You're a saudi prince? ^^; : )

The state of Alaska is charging me $500 a month property tax on a dump of a house that I bought 4 months ago. I bought the place for $127k after it had been on the market for TWO MONTHS, and the city has assessed it at $376k.

I have to wait until April to petition for a decrease in the assessment...and the paid taxes are PAID, no refund.

I actually feel a little more bitter about my property tax situation than the K1! ^^;; The K1 visa is a process that makes sense!

This isn't my first dance with the tax gods either. I previously bought a house for $300k@3% owner financed when market rates were 7%. It appraised for $250k. I agreed on the purchase price because of the lower interest rate. (he didn't want it paid off early he wanted the interest income)

What did the tax god say? 3% wasn't low enough to be significant, and the best indicator of value was what I paid...not what a licensed appraiser said. So, he lowered the value by about $70k, but not the full ~$125k that I wanted...

So, government at work... ^^;;;

10/31/2010 - 12:05AM (Seoul Time) : Proposed, she said yes
11/1/2010 - 8:17PM (Seoul Time)   : Her father approved
12/3/2010 - 1:26PM (Alaska Time)  : 2lb I-129F package left my office
12/6/2010 - 8:39AM (Central Time) : Package arrived in Lewisville Texas
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS text message
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS e-mail notification, headed to CSC
12/8/2010 - 9:14PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS e-mail notification
12/8/2010 - 9:15PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS text message
12/9/2010 -                       : Check processed at JP Morgan
12/10/2010 -                      : Check processed at my bank
x/x/xxxx - Married?

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're a saudi prince? ^^; : )

The state of Alaska is charging me $500 a month property tax on a dump of a house that I bought 4 months ago. I bought the place for $127k after it had been on the market for TWO MONTHS, and the city has assessed it at $376k.

I have to wait until April to petition for a decrease in the assessment...and the paid taxes are PAID, no refund.

I actually feel a little more bitter about my property tax situation than the K1! ^^;; The K1 visa is a process that makes sense!

This isn't my first dance with the tax gods either. I previously bought a house for $300k@3% owner financed when market rates were 7%. It appraised for $250k. I agreed on the purchase price because of the lower interest rate. (he didn't want it paid off early he wanted the interest income)

What did the tax god say? 3% wasn't low enough to be significant, and the best indicator of value was what I paid...not what a licensed appraiser said. So, he lowered the value by about $70k, but not the full ~$125k that I wanted...

So, government at work... ^^;;;

My taxes in New York are about as high as yours, but I can't grieve them as several tax grievance firms already turned me down, telling me my house is not over assessed. But at least I get some things for my taxes: We get street lights, police protection, fire protection, school for the kids, a library, and snow plowing in the winter.

But what did I get for my $455.00 filing fee? Not what I was promised, that's for dang sure. Instead of the I129f processing I was promised, I get a boatload of excuses as to why I have not gotten it. That would be like getting excuses from my town instead of the street lights and police and fire department and schools and library and snow plowing that I now get.

Both things are expensive, but at least my town gets me what I paid for, much more than I can say about the USCIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

My taxes in New York are about as high as yours, but I can't grieve them as several tax grievance firms already turned me down, telling me my house is not over assessed. But at least I get some things for my taxes: We get street lights, police protection, fire protection, school for the kids, a library, and snow plowing in the winter.

But what did I get for my $455.00 filing fee? Not what I was promised, that's for dang sure. Instead of the I129f processing I was promised, I get a boatload of excuses as to why I have not gotten it. That would be like getting excuses from my town instead of the street lights and police and fire department and schools and library and snow plowing that I now get.

Both things are expensive, but at least my town gets me what I paid for, much more than I can say about the USCIS.

You are three months into your wait. Nowhere did USCIS "promise" you that you'd be approved in three months, so I'm not sure how they haven't fulfilled their end of the bargain. You were never promised anything. Ever. You were given estimated and average dates. It will get processed, and that's the only thing USCIS agreed to do for you.

Timeline

You are three months into your wait. Nowhere did USCIS "promise" you that you'd be approved in three months, so I'm not sure how they haven't fulfilled their end of the bargain. You were never promised anything. Ever. You were given estimated and average dates. It will get processed, and that's the only thing USCIS agreed to do for you.

Did I say anything about three months? USCIS says five months, and then they lie when they fail to deliver it at that point and you call them on it.

As far as I am concerned, I should get this thing in one month, but that requires GOOD government, something the USCIS is obviously incapable of.

Did I say anything about three months? USCIS says five months, and then they lie when they fail to deliver it at that point and you call them on it.

As far as I am concerned, I should get this thing in one month, but that requires GOOD government, something the USCIS is obviously incapable of.

In your post, you are saying that you have not received what you were promised for your money.

You were promised nothing.

You were not promised three months. You were not even promised five months. That's an average. An estimate. Not a guarantee.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

When yer expectations match reality, I'll buy you a case of beer.

Seriously.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

When yer expectations match reality, I'll buy you a case of beer.

Seriously.

I know what reality is. Check my signature, with turtles and Never Never Land. That is reality.

What I posted about was my vision of good government. I realize that even though both words start with "g", they do not belong in the same sentence.

So I dream of good government and deal with the turtles.

Can I have my beer now?

It baffles me how three months into a process that takes 5-6 months (and that's just the first part!), you're complaining about promises that were never made to you. If you're this fed up this early in the journey, the rest of it isn't going to be an easy road.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

It baffles me how three months into a process that takes 5-6 months (and that's just the first part!), you're complaining about promises that were never made to you. If you're this fed up this early in the journey, the rest of it isn't going to be an easy road.

I am fed up with the system. It is a total abomination and the worst government office I have ever had to deal with in my life. It blows my mind that there can be an office of the United States government that is this totally elitist, uncommunicative, and just plain incompetent.

But I am stuck with it and have no choice but to tolerate this abject failure of a system to get my beloved bride here, where she belongs. I never said it was an easy road, and I am never deterred from making the right choice simply because it is not the easy choice.

I have no intention of being silenced in my complaints as to this utter atrocity the government is subjecting me to simply because I want to get married, either by you or by anybody else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.