John*&*his*GG

Please help me prepare

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is my situation and I need to know what steps to take. Thanks for any help. Please tell me what steps I need to take what forms I will need to fill out and how much each one of those forms and what the process will cost. Please just get me to point to the marriage I don't want to know anything beyond that just yet. I just would like to know what I need to prepare for and what I need to save for.

1. I'm 32 years old US citizen currently jobless

2. Going to college for web design

3. I want my mom to co-sponsor

4. I do work but jobs here and there whatever I can get my hands on (cleaning, raking leaves, etc.)

5. I saved for the engagement ring ($800) and planning a trip to see my fiancee Feb, March, or April.

6. Once I get back I will either get temp work or continue to search for a full time job. I have a question about that as well

If I pursue the K1 without me having any income and my mom as a co-sponsor then I get a job. Will I need to add the income later on or how will that change my process or will it?

6. My fiancee is 26 years old Filipina from Philippines originally.

7. Living in Jordan

8. On a work visa which is ending in Sept.

If any additional information is needed please feel free to ask.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is an excellent guide as to what to file and where to file it: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

As for income, as long as your mother is willing to co-sponsor and she has the required income, you are set despite not having income of your own.

Have you met your fiance in person yet? If not, you need to wait for your upcoming trip to end. Make sure to get some photos of the two of you together and save your boarding passes and hotel receipts.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

save your boarding passes and hotel receipts.

Glad you told me that. That part I didn't know. I knew about the photos. I just got a nice digital camera I planned to take it along and take a lot of photos.

We haven't met yet but we are planning a trip by Feb. March or April. We will prepare right after the trip. That is why I would like to know this information now. So that I fully understand what I need to get and exactly what.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

you are facing one major problem,manila usually doesnt accept co sponsors. as far as you going through in manila or jordan,it really depends on how long your fiancee has been in jordan.

if we assume that your fiance will go through in jordan for the interview,all that can be solved with a co sponsor.

i dk how easy or hard middle eastern consulates are on foreign residents of their countries,but they are usually pretty tough.

PS: i usually suggest at least two trips before filing the petition from a high fraud country,not just for the moral and personal reasons,but because it makes you as a couple's job easier when it comes to proving that your relationship is bona fide.but if you cant do more than one trip,be careful not to over frontload with pictures,get about just enough evidence

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Timeline

you are facing one major problem,manila usually doesnt accept co sponsors. as far as you going through in manila or jordan,it really depends on how long your fiancee has been in jordan.

if we assume that your fiance will go through in jordan for the interview,all that can be solved with a co sponsor.

i dk how easy or hard middle eastern consulates are on foreign residents of their countries,but they are usually pretty tough.

PS: i usually suggest at least two trips before filing the petition from a high fraud country,not just for the moral and personal reasons,but because it makes you as a couple's job easier when it comes to proving that your relationship is bona fide.but if you cant do more than one trip,be careful not to over frontload with pictures,get about just enough evidence

She has been in Jordan for 1-2 years. I think it will be 2 years in Sept.

Also I'm from St. Louis Missouri if that information is helpful.

Timeline

She has been in Jordan for 1-2 years. I think it will be 2 years in Sept.

Also I'm from St. Louis Missouri if that information is helpful.

well then i think you can apply for amman.

also clarification as to what i mean with not frontloading with pictures,say you go see your fiancee for...7 days,if she bring nearly 20,25 pictures to the interview,its not gonna look legit,what were you doing,taking pictures all the time?

during this process its good to step back and look at it from an unbiased third persons point of view.

good luck

Timeline

well then i think you can apply for amman.

also clarification as to what i mean with not frontloading with pictures,say you go see your fiancee for...7 days,if she bring nearly 20,25 pictures to the interview,its not gonna look legit,what were you doing,taking pictures all the time?

during this process its good to step back and look at it from an unbiased third persons point of view.

good luck

So in other words don't show of a picture of us drinking at the same water fountain, then another at the bathroom, then another taking a taxi, another holding suit cases, etc etc ......... :P

Timeline

So in other words don't show of a picture of us drinking at the same water fountain, then another at the bathroom, then another taking a taxi, another holding suit cases, etc etc ......... :P

How many is too many and how many is too few for photos?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

How many is too many and how many is too few for photos?

There's no pat answer to that. I like the number 18 because it's two pages with nine photos per page. If you have many visits over a period of time, then maybe 27. Use some common sense. The purpose of the photos is to show you have been carrying on a relationship, so if possible they should show you in various places at various times and some, if possible should show you together with other family members. Print them on plain paper, multiple photos to each full sheet.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The recommended number of photos is about 5 to 6. I submitted 10 with mine, but we had three meetings, so I gave them 3, 3, and 4.

Photos are considered secondary evidence, whereas visa stamps and boarding passes are considered primary. Photos are too easy to fake. With Photoshop, I can easily take Prince William out of a photo with Kate Middleton and put myself in his place.

I think you will be OK with Jordan, but it is best to look at the embassy website and google some terms to find out for sure. I can see some Consular Officer thinking that you are embassy shopping, especially since your co-sponsor would get rejected at the other obvious choice, Manila.

Timeline

to sum it up,it shouldnt look like you just went to see your fiance in order to gather evidence for the interview ( weird i know,in theory,thats what they reject,in reality,thats how these relationships work )

Timeline

to sum it up,it shouldnt look like you just went to see your fiance in order to gather evidence for the interview ( weird i know,in theory,thats what they reject,in reality,thats how these relationships work )

Yea exactly what I meant by my comment. Also I'm not going to take photos because they're required. I'm going to take photos because I want them and submit them because they are required. :)

We will have different locations. We will have photos from around town in Amman and I'm taking her to Petra to propose.

Also I thought the pictures needed to be print professionally to avoid being told that they're fake or Photoshop'ed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.