MrAmdavadi

Missed interview date and didn't learn about it until two and half months later

5 posts in this topic

So my sister is filing for her husband through CR-1 and we all had been waiting anxiously for the interview date for about last three months and so we finally called up the embassy and they said that his interview was scheduled for all the way back in October, on Oct 13th. We never received anything in mail and totally missed the interview and didn't learn about it until today. Now, we want to reschedule. Does anyone know how soon they reschedule and if missing the interview would, in any way, affect their likelyhood of giving the visa. Also, my brother-in-law had applied for student visa twice before getting married and was declined both times for no apparent reason. Do you know if that would come into play here? Also, what is the best process to go through to reschedule? Has anyone had an experience like this before?

Thank you guys. This is my first post on this site.

CR-1 filed in New Delhi through DCF in late June.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Missing an interview date generally means abandonment of the application.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

you're kidding me, right?

they should just schedule another interview date, don't worry :) It would be a good idea to contact the embassy.

USCIS California Service Center

10-NOV 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

16-NOV 2010 - NOA1 Received

22-NOV 2010 - Service Request for Expedite

10-DEC 2010 - Faxed medical proof to USCIS

17-DEC 2010 - I-130 Approved

27-DEC 2010 - NOA2 Received

National Visa Center

29-DEC 2010 - NVC case number assigned

01-JAN 2011 - Emailed expedite request to NVC

14-JAN 2011 - Expedite approved. Case forwarded to U.S. embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Medical Exam

U.S. Embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Packet 3 received

02-FEB 2011 - Sent DS-230 & DS-2001

18-FEB 2011 - Interview 8:30 AM - APPROVED

Port of Entry

14-MAR 2011 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you're kidding me, right?

No not kidding. Its how most people get their case closed, by not showing up to interviews and abandon the petition.

They should be on the phone trying to figure out what to do like last week. Missing interviews can be pretty detrimental to the process. Get in contact with the embassy, get in contact with the congress immigration person for their state.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.