Robert87

k1 or cr2? suggestions are highly regarded

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

ENOUGH already. A CR2 visa is for the child of a CR1 visa holder or applicant. IR1 is the spouse visa for people married more than two years. Please learn the process and terminology before trying to help people. Your heart is in the right place but your head is elsewhere.

:lol: I dont mean to laugh, but i think you hit the nail right on it. :bonk: ...

Timeline

ENOUGH already. A CR2 visa is for the child of a CR1 visa holder or applicant. IR1 is the spouse visa for people married more than two years. Please learn the process and terminology before trying to help people. Your heart is in the right place but your head is elsewhere.

sir, if i may ask you. visa wise, what should we consider? K1 or CR1?. i believe youre one of those well respect member of this prestigious website. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

sir, if i may ask you. visa wise, what should we consider? K1 or CR1?. i believe youre one of those well respect member of this prestigious website. :thumbs:

I generally advise people to make their life decisions first and then follow the immigration path that best matches those decisions. That's because it's the couple that knows and can weigh their own priorities.

If you follow the K1 route, chances are none of your family will witness the wedding and you'll be in the USA several months without work authorization. If your mom or dad gets sick, you'll also be stuck in the USA for that same several months. If you leave, you'll start over and complete a spouse visa process before you're united again.

If you marry in the PI and take the spouse visa route, the bride's mother won't be at the wedding but all your family can be. You will then enter the USA as a husband with full work authorization and travel freedom immediately.

You decide what best fits your life plans and priorities.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

thanks for sharing your thoughts, i still have to talk it out with my fiancee. honestly, I love her mom so much, and i really wanted her to come to our wedding. we might convert the wedding into an engagement part part 2. lol since we had our engagement party already.lol.i had no sleep thinking all about it.lol... darn..

hehe kya mo yan kuya. keep us updated! good luck :)

Married<3 August 20, 2010

Check out our wedding video :)

USCIS:

10-13-2010 I-130 sent

10-20-2010 NOA1 priority date (email & text)

10-25-2010 received NOA1 hardcopy

10-27-2010 service request submitted for expedite (hardship)

10-28-2010 received email to turn in supporting docs for expedite

11-02-2010 Faxed supporting docs for expedite

12-02-2010 CASE APPROVED!

12-07-2010 Received NOA2 hard copy

NOA1 to NOA2 - 43 DAYS

NVC:

12-09-2010 NVC receives case

12-10-2010 attained NVC case# & IIN. PAID AOS FEES. emailed request for expedite & choice of agent

12-13-2010 AOS PAID

12-16-2010 received email granting the expedite request

12-17-2010 NVC sent case to US Embassy in Manila. SIGN IN FAILED! CASE COMPLETE!

NVC - 8 DAYS

CONSULATE:

12-17-2010 Consulate receives case (electronically)

01-03-04-2011 Medical @ St. Luke PASSED

01-11-2011 Original interview that was rescheduled to:

01-27-2011 INTERVIEW- VISA APPROVED!

02-02-2011 Received Visa in the mail!

02-04-2011 CFO Seminar

02-09-2011 I arrived in the Philippines

02-16-2011 POE @SFO -<3

late february- received Green Card

03-15-2011 Received SSN

ROC eligible in November 2012

Timeline

hehe kya mo yan kuya. keep us updated! good luck

we actually postponed discussing the matter, until after christmas.. i just want to enjoy christmas, without anything in my head.lol.... ill update u as soon as i can... :)... but, if i may ask, i just want to clarify this, k1 is faster interms of processing compared to cr1? will it be possible that even if my k1 visa is approved, that ill delay my flight for i guess,3 more months or something? because, I still have my master's to finish before i fly to the states.

Timeline

we actually postponed discussing the matter, until after christmas.. i just want to enjoy christmas, without anything in my head.lol.... ill update u as soon as i can... :)... but, if i may ask, i just want to clarify this, k1 is faster interms of processing compared to cr1? will it be possible that even if my k1 visa is approved, that ill delay my flight for i guess,3 more months or something? because, I still have my master's to finish before i fly to the states.

Through Manila, the visa will be valid for travel (one entry to the USA) for six months from the date of your medical exam. For nearly all other countries the validity is six months from visa issue.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Through Manila, the visa will be valid for travel (one entry to the USA) for six months from the date of your medical exam. For nearly all other countries the validity is six months from visa issue.

thanks for the response sir, if by any chance, my medical exam expires before 6 months, would that mean, i have to redo my medical exam at st.lukes? and another question. fiancee visa is faster compared to cr1 , am i right?

Timeline

thanks for the response sir, if by any chance, my medical exam expires before 6 months, would that mean, i have to redo my medical exam at st.lukes? and another question. fiancee visa is faster compared to cr1 , am i right?

Your visa will expire six months after the medical. If you don't use it, you start the process over from the beginning. If you're not ready to come to the USA, don't get the medical or have the interview until you're ready. Generally the K1 is from about 6-8 weeks faster from filing to interview but that's only one consideration.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Your visa will expire six months after the medical. If you don't use it, you start the process over from the beginning. If you're not ready to come to the USA, don't get the medical or have the interview until you're ready. Generally the K1 is from about 6-8 weeks faster from filing to interview but that's only one consideration.

thanks for the information sir. merry christmas

ouchhh

Timeline

ouchhh

Yeah, well you'll really think ouch if you heed the incorrect advise. This isn't a game forum. We're dealing with people's lives and future happiness here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Your heart is in the right place but your head is elsewhere.

:bonk::rofl:

Yeah, well you'll really think ouch if you heed the incorrect advise. This isn't a game forum. We're dealing with people's lives and future happiness here.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.