aquarian

Condition removed....from Vermont Service Center...

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone....

I have been with this forum for last couple of months.....I am here now to post my experience with every body....

I sent my package on 5/18/2006

recieved extenstion letter around 6/10/2006

on 8/18/2006 i recieved approvel letter from vermont service center

It took around 55 days....

You request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. you are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the united states as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You must obtain a new alien registration reciept card (I-551). to do so, appear in person at the service office shown below. Bring your passport and three recent pictures of the same type as on your present alien card. ( If needed, exact specification may be obtained from the service office shown below). Your new alien registration receipt card will be mailed to you within six months. You should not travel outside the united states before recieving your new card unless you have first receieved a passport endorsement from this service indicating that your new card is being processed.

scheduled today and they took my fingerprint and they took my conditional greencard and also took approval letter and they stamped my passport and they told me i will be getting green card in 6 months .....so here is my story...when i will get my gc i will update this forum too......

Can any body tell me if they got their GC already...how long it takes....?

Edited by Raj

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations!

(how odd, your posting name changed...)

Anyway, we were also told six months. Nothing happened in 5 months, so we went to the office to inquire. Turns out the card order form had been misfiled and the order had to be placed again.

Based on what other people write, if nothing happens in 60 days, follow up. Most cards appear within two months.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations!

(how odd, your posting name changed...)

Anyway, we were also told six months. Nothing happened in 5 months, so we went to the office to inquire. Turns out the card order form had been misfiled and the order had to be placed again.

Based on what other people write, if nothing happens in 60 days, follow up. Most cards appear within two months.

I am not sure exactly i hope someone can answer that for you. But i wish you Congratulations!!!!!

AJ1 :thumbs:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations!!

We changed addresses twice, filed the required forms but surprisingly have received no confirmation at all. It has been more than a year since we changed the first time and more than 3 months since we changed the second time.

The reason I am bringing this issue up is because of your timeline which indicates that you received your NOA rather fast. Is this only a Vermont thing, or does the acknowledgement receipt for change of addresses has nothing to do with the NOA for the I-751?

"Wild"

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and I don't give legal advice.

01/29/2011 - Expressed interest through www.shaadi.com

01/30/2011 - Interest accepted. :)

05/23/2011 - Got married in New Delhi, India

07/16/2011 - I-130 filed.

07/18/2011 - I-130 delivered at the Chicago Lockbox.

07/19/2011 - NOA-1.

07/21/2011 - USCIS text notification of acceptance of the I-130.

07/22/2011 - Check for $420 cashed.

08/04/2011 - Touched.

02/03/2012 - Received I-130 approval notification via text and email. Website updated as well.

02/08/2012 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

02/17/2012 - NVC generated case #.

02/17/2012 - DS-3032 and AOS bill generated.

02/22/2012 - AOS fee bill paid online.

02/23/2012 - DS-3032 emailed.

02/23/2012 - AOS fee bill cleared, IVR updated.

02/24/2012 - Received 'We have received your DS-3032 email from NVC.'

02/25/2012 - AOS Packet mailed.

02/27/2012 - IV Fee Bill generated.

02/28/2012 - 'Item missing in AOS Packet'. NVC mails out letter.

03/01/2012 - IV Fee Bill Paid (Status 'IN PROCESS')

Filed: Timeline
Congratulations!!

We changed addresses twice, filed the required forms but surprisingly have received no confirmation at all. It has been more than a year since we changed the first time and more than 3 months since we changed the second time.

The reason I am bringing this issue up is because of your timeline which indicates that you received your NOA rather fast. Is this only a Vermont thing, or does the acknowledgement receipt for change of addresses has nothing to do with the NOA for the I-751?

You filed your I-751 more than a year ago.... have you checked at your local office? if you move and send in the AR-11 it does not update pending applications... you need to write to your old local office and your new local office including a copy of the AR-11 and asking for your pending case to be moved to your new local office....

I would make a infopass appointment and find out what is going on....

Kezzie

Timeline
Congratulations!!

Kezzie,

Actually, I was talking about the AR-11 and the I-865, for which I received no confirmation at all. Meauxna cleared the confusion, and she is right. After a month of filing the change of address forms, USCIS sent me some information in the mail, and it was sent to the very first address that I had provided to them, long back when I was still in India, while preparing the paperwork for the Consular interview.

As far as the I-751 is concerned, we are still a good 5 months away from filing that form.

"Wild"

07/19/2011 - NOA-1.

08/04/2011 - Touched.

02/03/2012 - Received I-130 approval notification via text and email. Website updated as well.

Timeline

I called up the USCIS today and was told that the AR-11 will update the mailing address. I am doubtful.

Also, the lady who I spoke with said that she could not herself update my mailing address on her system unless I had an application pending. She said that the AR11 would do it, otherwise, when we file the I-751, I should call and get it updated then, on the phone and that she will not be able to get it updated if there is no application pending.

Edited by wildestkabs

"Wild"

07/19/2011 - NOA-1.

08/04/2011 - Touched.

Hi Everyone....

I have been with this forum for last couple of months.....I am here now to post my experience with every body....

You request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. you are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the united states as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You must obtain a new alien registration reciept card (I-551). to do so, appear in person at the service office shown below. Bring your passport and three recent pictures of the same type as on your present alien card. ( If needed, exact specification may be obtained from the service office shown below). Your new alien registration receipt card will be mailed to you within six months. You should not travel outside the united states before recieving your new card unless you have first receieved a passport endorsement from this service indicating that your new card is being processed.

scheduled today and they took my fingerprint and they took my conditional greencard and also took approval letter and they stamped my passport and they told me i will be getting green card in 6 months .....so here is my story...when i will get my gc i will update this forum too......

CONGRATULATIONS. I am happy for you.

:dance: JR

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

Congratulations!!

Kezzie,

Actually, I was talking about the AR-11 and the I-865, for which I received no confirmation at all. Meauxna cleared the confusion, and she is right. After a month of filing the change of address forms, USCIS sent me some information in the mail, and it was sent to the very first address that I had provided to them, long back when I was still in India, while preparing the paperwork for the Consular interview.

As far as the I-751 is concerned, we are still a good 5 months away from filing that form.

We have moved twice since G's AOS was approved. Both times we received an NOA for the I-865 (the first time from Vermont, second from Texas) and neither time did we receive one for the AR-11. My understanding is that's normal—i.e. everyone gets one for the I-865 and no one gets one for the AR-11. Our NOA for the I-865 took a couple of weeks both times.

What information did USCIS have to send you? :huh: It seems sort of dumb to send an immigrant stuff to their address overseas after you've given them a visa to come to the US!

I don't know why you need to change your address at all—I was planning to just have my husband file the I-751 with the latest address on it. Since it's going to Texas, they're hardly going to start sending stuff to New Jersey, which is outside their jurisdiction.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

hi aquarian,

Where did u File ur AOS? I just want to ask about my case status. I had my biometrics last August 16, and I been waiting for a letter for my interview appointment for more than a week now but nothing in my mail box. However, I just received an email from USCIS because I registered on the said site that my case was transfered to Vermont Service Center yesterday.

My question is Im came from Texas why they transfered it to Vermont? Do VSC approved AOS without interview?

Have you heard other members that their case was transfered to Vermont? What happened in their case?

Thank you so much, I would glad to hear your answers. Thank you thank you so much.

Hi Everyone....

july 21 - sent it to chicago

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

August 29 - transfered to Vermont Service Center

August 30 to October 4 - Never touched

October 5 - recieved my case

October 6 - touched and received email from CRIS THAT they have recieved my case for processing. Thanks !

october 7 - touched! gosh! they are working with my case now!!!

october 9 - touched again almost everyday they touched it!

october 13 - touched again

October 16 - touched

October 26 - touched again after 10 days..

October 26 - at 5:20 pm I received a letter from CRIS that my case was approved and they ordered my new card.

October 27 - touched and received email that they sent the welcome letter hhehehehe

October 28 - sent welcome notice

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

October 31 - no welcome notice...but GREEN CARD IS HERE!!![/color]

( in my Green Card it says that I am legal resident here in the US starting October 23, 2006)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.