mimic

Women older then there fiance

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I had posted this in the K1 processing forum and many said that maybe I could get some valuable informatin from this forum. Maybe all the waiting...who knows, but now i am worrying about how the embassy will look at the age difference between my fiance and I. I guess another area that causes some concern is the fact that he is Muslim and I am Catholic. For my fiance and I we have talked about these life differences and there is no problem for us. Now I just worry about the embassy seeing the samethings that we see. Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

If these are big areas of concern in general in Tunisia then it will be an area of concern for the interview, not that you can't show that you have a relationship but you are going to need alot of solid proof to overcome these factors. How big is the age difference? 5, 10, 35 years? Are you both strong in your faiths or were you just brought up in that religion?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

In any MENA case it could raise a flag, however there are several relationships in this MENA forum that are just like that. Older fiance/spouse and of a different faith. There are some that have made it and didnt have issues, some have had issues and still made it. I'm sure some will come along and tell you how theirs went. I'm only 2 yrs older than my husband and hes from Egypt and we never had an issue. We've been married now 4 1/2 yrs and he's been here almost 3 yrs. We drive each other crazy but we are together for a lifetime :D and he just said yes, he agrees!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

If these are big areas of concern in general in Tunisia then it will be an area of concern for the interview, not that you can't show that you have a relationship but you are going to need alot of solid proof to overcome these factors. How big is the age difference? 5, 10, 35 years? Are you both strong in your faiths or were you just brought up in that religion?

There is a 13 year age difference. As far as religion, I would have to say he is a tad bit more strong in his faith then I am. His family practices competely, where he is more liberal. We both have somewhat of different cultural beliefs but ultimately we believe that we can be different but if we respect each other than that is all that matters. We have been in a relationship for a year now and have discussed these issues many times. The age difference seems to be more of a concern to me then him. He says, he doesnt care about age and really doenst think about it. I say, how can you not. He says, we are brought up different.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you look around you will see that your situations is the norm.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Is her 13 years older then you or are you older then him?

Sorry stupid question. I just read the header.

Just make sure you send in overwhelming evidence of proof of meeing and of on going relationship. My guy was born and raised in Tunisia too and we happen to be 13 years apart also. He's the one older then me. But love knows no bounds!! (L):thumbs:

Timeline

Sorry stupid question. I just read the header.

Just make sure you send in overwhelming evidence of proof of meeing and of on going relationship. My guy was born and raised in Tunisia too and we happen to be 13 years apart also. He's the one older then me. But love knows no bounds!! (L):thumbs:

I have been to Tunisia twice this past year and planning my next trip for early next year. We talk on skype everynight..rarely miss a night together..

If you look around you will see that your situations is the norm.

Not sure where you are referencing when you say it's "the norm".

It's typically not the norm for an older woman to be involved with younger men

in MENA countries. If you're talking about on VJ, I don't know if that's an accurate description either.

To say it's the norm (whether on VJ or in MENA) seems to give a false sense of safety to the OP, which isn't necessarily fair.

In MENA countries, it is typically not the norm for older women to be involved with younger men. This can often be considered a red flag for the consulate. So, as another poster indicated, you have to ensure that your proof of relationship is very strong. Another thing that seems to be helpful, from what others in your situation have indicated, is if you are able to show that his friends and family members are supportive of your relationship.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband and I are 14 years difference and he has been here and we have been married 2 years 7 months. We did have a long AP but that was the norm for the time. But we were never rejected or had any problems. We are now going through the lifting of conditions portion of the program. Good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure where you are referencing when you say it's "the norm".

It's typically not the norm for an older woman to be involved with younger men

in MENA countries. If you're talking about on VJ, I don't know if that's an accurate description either.

To say it's the norm (whether on VJ or in MENA) seems to give a false sense of safety to the OP, which isn't necessarily fair.

In MENA countries, it is typically not the norm for older women to be involved with younger men. This can often be considered a red flag for the consulate. So, as another poster indicated, you have to ensure that your proof of relationship is very strong. Another thing that seems to be helpful, from what others in your situation have indicated, is if you are able to show that his friends and family members are supportive of your relationship.

Here as in VJ.

I was not suggesting security, more community.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wouldnt say the "norm" either when speaking about marriages of people who are on VJ. I believe half or so of us hardly have a 5 year age gap. I will say the ones with smaller age gaps seemed to be the ones who didnt have issues with their consulates and who also seem to have successful marriages. Not saying this happened for everyone, but most, or so it seems.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There were 10 yrs between my ex and I. And alot of cultural differences, besides the fact that he just didn't want to work on it.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I have a 15 year difference(he is younger)which was one of our red flags at our first k1 interview which got sent back to the states. At the 2nd interview (3 years later) the age issue was still brought up but the consulate could not deny us again on age. The past few months at Casablanca I have seen some couples that were very close in age get denied.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

My husband and I have a 15 year difference(he is younger)which was one of our red flags at our first k1 interview which got sent back to the states. At the 2nd interview (3 years later) the age issue was still brought up but the consulate could not deny us again on age. The past few months at Casablanca I have seen some couples that were very close in age get denied.

May I ask why you waited so long to re-apply? Was there a time frame you had to wait and seen if they reviewed the case. I am happy you finally got your approval and things are well for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.