Snafu

Final Paper work for K-1 visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

First of all, thanks to all who have asked questions and especially those who have answered. Because of this I was able to make it most of the way through with out having to ask questions. Now everything is almost done.

What I need to know is what is required to show support for my fiancée. So far I have a statement from my bank showing when the account opened, total amount deposited in the years (2005 and 2006), average balance and other things. Also I have printed my last 5 paycheck stubs. So paycheck stubs from December to This month. I was trying to get a statement from my work showing my hire date, salary and nature of work but it looks like I started that too late. Should I be fine with what I have? Should I print more paycheck stubs going back to an earlier date?

The other thing is I normally visited my fiancée in Tijuana. By doing this I didn't have to show anything to cross. Just hope on a buss at the boarder in San Diego and go over. This time I will be going down to Mexico City. I believe I should be fine as long as I have my passport. Is there anything else I might need to be allowed to enter?

Again thanks to all here. This site has been a great help.

Snafu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is your question about you the US resident entering into Mexico. The US resident is free to visit the non-resident fiance' without any delay or problems. A passport should be fine, are you flying?

You will also show proof you are returning to the US.

I went to Canada several times while we were processing our K-1 application with no problems at all.

The bank statements, payroll stubs sound fine too.

I also included noterized copies signed by the bank, as well as letters from my employers showing proof of employment.

good Luck, and happy traveling..

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Have a very good trip and good luck. :thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks all for the response. Of course as the time draws near so does how nervouse I am. I will be flying down. Visit with her and her family for about 5 days then fly to Ciudad Juarez On the 26th. (Assuming all goes well) We will cross into El Paso on March 2nd and will fly from there back. Also to the well wishers. Thanks. Now to take a deep breath, step into a deep body of water and swim as hard as i (we) can. Best of luck to every one else.

Snafu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.