CanadianRedneck

NVC expedite request sent to Montreal Consulate..questions.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, needing some help and input. Our case finally got to NVC level, and we emailed them a request to Expedite our case. We called the next day, operator told us that our Expedite Request was forwarded to the Montreal Consulate, and if we didn't hear anything within a week, to call NVC back. So here we are a week later, my wife sent another email last night, finally got a hold of NVC and a supervisor, and they said they have no control over forcing the Consulate to reply or force action on them. I thought they all kinda worked for the same gov't entity? Anyways...we were told to call back Friday...any suggestions, were we told any bullcrap just to leave them alone? or possible to query the Montreal consulate itself?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think your going to need to email montreal consulate about it now. I would title/subject it as ATTENTION EXPEDITE REQUEST and your case number. Then in the body of it put the case number both your names and birth dates and make the body of the paragraph about the request you sent for expedite.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone, needing some help and input. Our case finally got to NVC level, and we emailed them a request to Expedite our case. We called the next day, operator told us that our Expedite Request was forwarded to the Montreal Consulate, and if we didn't hear anything within a week, to call NVC back. So here we are a week later, my wife sent another email last night, finally got a hold of NVC and a supervisor, and they said they have no control over forcing the Consulate to reply or force action on them. I thought they all kinda worked for the same gov't entity? Anyways...we were told to call back Friday...any suggestions, were we told any bullcrap just to leave them alone? or possible to query the Montreal consulate itself?

I wouldn't push my luck with them at the moment as I can imagine the calls they must be getting. I suppose it depends on what grounds you want expediate attention for? I would have to be a really good reason apart from that it's the waiting game hey.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Uscis granted expedite...NVC granted the expedite and sent it to consulate. I know people are going to be curious as to why I'm expediting...and not how. So before anyone wants to inquire the validity...my 8 year old step daughter has cystic fibrosis....she has a crazy home treatment schedule...insurance has stopped paying for some of her meds...and my wife Just barely makes enough to skim through right now. Plus dealing with regular life stuff. When my step daughter goes to the hospital my wife has to stay with her...and its usually a 2 week stay. So my wife loses out on working and everything else. I used to live with them before my other visa was denied ...which we weren't expecting...so boom...missing family member...wage earner and support system. I think that's a pretty "good" reason.

Thanks for the input Inky....ill try that

Timeline

I wouldn't worry about what others think--which I'm sure you do not,lol!! I'd do what Inky suggested and put in ur case # in the subject line as well. If it were me, I'd be consistently emailing them AND i would be contacting my congress person, as they can sometimes have better luck getting in touch with the consulate, then u can with email! Best of luck!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Yes, I would wait until Friday like they said, in the mean time e-mail the Mtl consulate like Inky said. If you still get the run around after that... call a congressman.

Good luck and I hope things go through quick!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Speedy results I hope for you guys. Let us know how you progress...good luck!

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Timeline

Not sure if you've seen this thread but it might help. The situation was not an expedite but there are some helpful hints about contacting Montreal. Good luck!

Contacting Montreal

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Well it's been over a week and a half..they resent the expedite request this past tuesday, almost a week after the first one..and no answer. I did have a bit of time yesterday and I tried to call Montreal...they dont answer anything over the phone, have to email. lol. NICE.

Anyways...the wife is going to call tonight and see if there's any 'new' information. If not, then I'm going to fashion an email and send it to MTL so that they'll have it on Monday morning, inquiring as to how their process works and how we're urgently awaiting a decision. The scary part is that NVC seems almost powerless do ask or do anything in regards to the consulates..as the operator told me the other night, it's up to the consulate to contact them..whenever they feel like it, wow.

Thanks for all your well wishes. Thanks OBX...I'm gonna look at that stuff now.

Timeline

Well it's been over a week and a half..they resent the expedite request this past tuesday, almost a week after the first one..and no answer. I did have a bit of time yesterday and I tried to call Montreal...they dont answer anything over the phone, have to email. lol. NICE.

Anyways...the wife is going to call tonight and see if there's any 'new' information. If not, then I'm going to fashion an email and send it to MTL so that they'll have it on Monday morning, inquiring as to how their process works and how we're urgently awaiting a decision. The scary part is that NVC seems almost powerless do ask or do anything in regards to the consulates..as the operator told me the other night, it's up to the consulate to contact them..whenever they feel like it, wow.

Thanks for all your well wishes. Thanks OBX...I'm gonna look at that stuff now.

It's a bit of a long post but I think the key sentence was this:

" If you DO get stuck in the Montreal Consulate's mail backlog, Send a fax to 514-398-0973 and 514-398-9748, and address it to "IV Unit Supervisor". "

Good luck and let us know if you manage to get a response. :thumbs:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Uscis granted expedite...NVC granted the expedite and sent it to consulate. I know people are going to be curious as to why I'm expediting...and not how. So before anyone wants to inquire the validity...my 8 year old step daughter has cystic fibrosis....she has a crazy home treatment schedule...insurance has stopped paying for some of her meds...and my wife Just barely makes enough to skim through right now. Plus dealing with regular life stuff. When my step daughter goes to the hospital my wife has to stay with her...and its usually a 2 week stay. So my wife loses out on working and everything else. I used to live with them before my other visa was denied ...which we weren't expecting...so boom...missing family member...wage earner and support system. I think that's a pretty "good" reason.

Thanks for the input Inky....ill try that

I wish you good luck, I really hope your wait is over soon.

Send my good wishes to your step daughter as well.

You have no reason to validate yourself :) I am truly sorry to hear that you are going through this.

Keep trying to get a hold on Montreal.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Ok, update..No News.

Called NVC. They haven't heard from Montreal, so NVC supervisor resubmitted the Expedite request a week ago. We called NVC friday..no answer, lol.

The supervisor my wife talked to on Friday said that Montreal is slammed and that we should be proactive, and send emails to them at least twice a week.

Montreal does not allow you to call to discuss details about your case, it's all done by email now I suppose.

Thanks for the post, I emailed the IV Unit at Montreal and addressed it to the IV Unit Supervisor. My wife was expecting me to make it a short and sweet email, but I couldn't help it. I just typed up this monster 4 paragraph email explaining everything and everything and why we needed it.

I emailed that last night, hopefully someone will either respond to us soon, or respond to the NVC. Two weeks and counting now since Montreal was emailed our expedite.

-CRN

Merry Christmas to all. I'm heading over Wednesday or Thursday for two weeks. Happy new year too..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.