Wish ME Luck

Vermont, 5 months is up

60 posts in this topic

I will be 5 months Dec/23. Loosing hope ! for real this is painful, is sad to wake up in the mornings with new hopes and see the day passing by without nobody touching your case ! this is a real torture !!!

04/29/06 - Meet in Dom. Rep.

05/01/06 - Our first date

10/30/06 - Living together

08/03/07 - Back to USA

12/01/07 - Back to DR (one Week)

02/01/08 - Back DR ( one week )

04/29/09 - Back to DR ( 3 days )

02/27/10 - Back to DR ( 16 days )

07/15/10 - 129F sent to USCIS

07/23/10 - NOA1

10/06/10 - Touched

01/13/11 - Service Request Form

Those time frames they give you are a joke, apparently nothing they tell you is legally binding when it comes to a time frame. Take a look at my time line, they will just tell you its extended processing. Looks like my waiting is going to take almost 2 years or more

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Those time frames they give you are a joke, apparently nothing they tell you is legally binding when it comes to a time frame. Take a look at my time line, they will just tell you its extended processing. Looks like my waiting is going to take almost 2 years or more

Wow! Who did you offend?! :huh:

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

All true...it is very frustrating....especially for work they can accomplish in 15 minutes. Where else could you possibly pay $450 for 15 minutes work and have to wait 5 months for it to be done....our US government.

I do not think I am alone in this. I had to watch my fiance in tears as Christmas approaches...it was our dream that this was to be our first Christmas as a family. Between the horrible effort of my K1 visa service and the recent slowdown in approvals, I can only hope for sometime in February. I tried to contact my congressman and never received a reply. It was before the election...and they were defeated....bad Karma is a ######.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

im sure the entire visa journey knows my story by now,but we were approved almost a month before we hit five months mark,and guess what,no noa 2,i dk if they lost it ,forgot to mail it or what,but i have contacted CSC twice now ,myself,and the officers have been more than helpful.

they got back at me within 3 work days,always nice with good information,which leads me to thinking that those operators who answer the phones are not legit CSC workers.i suggest you try emailing VCS and then give up and get angry and curse and all.

PS: you do have to be over five months to contact them tho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

im sure the entire visa journey knows my story by now,but we were approved almost a month before we hit five months mark,and guess what,no noa 2,i dk if they lost it ,forgot to mail it or what,but i have contacted CSC twice now ,myself,and the officers have been more than helpful.

they got back at me within 3 work days,always nice with good information,which leads me to thinking that those operators who answer the phones are not legit CSC workers.i suggest you try emailing VCS and then give up and get angry and curse and all.

PS: you do have to be over five months to contact them tho

I just had a little look online about this haitan thing thats holding us back. I never said anything on it before as although I had my own opinion I thought it may sound a bit crass if I start bumping my gums about disaster victims getting visas before me. I may be totally misinterpreting this but as far as I can see visas are being given to haitans already living illegally in the US to allow them to work legally and send money back home to their loved ones in need. WOW.. I fully sympathise with said loved ones but the people living illegally in the US are no doubt working illegally in the US and are still sending money home regardless.. Am I wrong about this.. it seems so absurd that Im surely picking it up wrong? can anyone advise me on this?

ALso, I respect everyones decision to go about things in whichever way they see fit but I don't think the advice with regards to "have patience" "concentrate on other things" "get a hobby" is right after 5 months. Fair enough within the 5 but now is the time for all of us to focus on NOTHING BUT getting this N0A2. If we all keep calling and our calls are logged the penny has to drop sometime. Yeah some approaches may not work but the one way I can guarantee will not work is sitting in silence waiting for it to come to you.. Come tommorow, ITS ON!! good luck everyone, lets keep each other informed and remain supportive..

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go get 'em and knock 'em dead. And don't worry about not being politically correct about the Haitians. I have been totally politically incorrect about them in this forum and offer no apology for it. When my government is kicking me in the teeth and laughing about it while they bow down to some charity cases from a foreign nation that does ZERO for us, political correctness is over.

America is for Americans, and it is about time that the people who make their living off of our hard earned tax dollars begin to understand this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if this is any consolation to you, we, csc june filers (in general, except those expedite cases) had to wait very very close to 5 months before our NOA2 !!!! i myself was short of just 4 days from the 5 month mark !!!! and.... after reading from the group that there were a number who got theirs few days after their 5th month, i felt so lucky !!!!

while we were waiting for our 5th month, we could see some vsc k1 filers moving way ahead of us !!!! and thats a fact !!! check on igors list......

anyway, it will come..... like what happened to us....... but most of the vj csc june filers just made the most out of the "waiting time".... others took a vacation...... others made some projects...... others started to concentrate on wedding plans...... others even took some job......

we have experienced what you are going through now..... and i say, it will be worth the wait......

right now, here in the philippines, we are facing another recent changes (effective dec 1) in the embassy's system..... but we get by...... and who knows, these changes may have actually been making our lives easier secretly !!!! just thinking positive.....

so....... just sit down and relax (not that literal thou !!!)..... we are all moving forward...... sweet success......

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Go get 'em and knock 'em dead. And don't worry about not being politically correct about the Haitians. I have been totally politically incorrect about them in this forum and offer no apology for it. When my government is kicking me in the teeth and laughing about it while they bow down to some charity cases from a foreign nation that does ZERO for us, political correctness is over.

America is for Americans, and it is about time that the people who make their living off of our hard earned tax dollars begin to understand this.

Am I right in what I am saying though? I initially assumed they were bringing people over from Haiti ie people whose homes had been wrecked, orphans etc. I understand that, but to cater for illegal immigrants who were already finding away to exist in the USA is just a huge body blow.. I remember watching a documentary on Haitian gangs in Miami who live there illegally. Loads of em. SO, in the case of these guys the government is basically saying "here's a visa for you guys so go on dealing your drugs and all the other things you were doing but don't worry about immigration from now on" I honestly can't take it in if thats the case.. Im the first Scotsman lost for words!!

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

I am delighted to see that people here are starting to understand that having patience, complaining to each other, soothing each other, and any other step that does not involve active complaints to those in power will do nothing to protect our rights as American citizens. We need to make noise, and a lot of it. While one voice will not do much, ten voices will do ten times as much, and a hundred voices will do a hundred times as much.

So take action. On the day you reach the 5 month mark, complain loudly. You don't have to be abusive to be firm, but state firmly that you expect your rights as an American citizen to be respected. And don't settle for some robot boy who answers the phone. Ask to speak to an immigration officer. Get the name of the officer you spoke with. Ask them directly if an adjudicator looked at your file, and get the name of the adjudicator.

The squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. Squeak and squeak loudly.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I just had a little look online about this haitan thing thats holding us back. I never said anything on it before as although I had my own opinion I thought it may sound a bit crass if I start bumping my gums about disaster victims getting visas before me. I may be totally misinterpreting this but as far as I can see visas are being given to haitans already living illegally in the US to allow them to work legally and send money back home to their loved ones in need. WOW.. I fully sympathise with said loved ones but the people living illegally in the US are no doubt working illegally in the US and are still sending money home regardless.. Am I wrong about this.. it seems so absurd that Im surely picking it up wrong? can anyone advise me on this?

ALso, I respect everyones decision to go about things in whichever way they see fit but I don't think the advice with regards to "have patience" "concentrate on other things" "get a hobby" is right after 5 months. Fair enough within the 5 but now is the time for all of us to focus on NOTHING BUT getting this N0A2. If we all keep calling and our calls are logged the penny has to drop sometime. Yeah some approaches may not work but the one way I can guarantee will not work is sitting in silence waiting for it to come to you.. Come tommorow, ITS ON!! good luck everyone, lets keep each other informed and remain supportive..

i dont think they are given to people who are already in US illegally,haitian cases are just dealt with out of order.of course out of order for them means longer waits for us.

and while its divine that people are selfless enough to deal with that and handle it,i am not.i spent almost a month thinking we are over the processing time,why?because CSC was too busy to check my noa 2 and see if the address is right,OR even send me the damn noa 2,and now i have to pay the price for that,about 400 bucks

Am I right in what I am saying though? I initially assumed they were bringing people over from Haiti ie people whose homes had been wrecked, orphans etc. I understand that, but to cater for illegal immigrants who were already finding away to exist in the USA is just a huge body blow.. I remember watching a documentary on Haitian gangs in Miami who live there illegally. Loads of em. SO, in the case of these guys the government is basically saying "here's a visa for you guys so go on dealing your drugs and all the other things you were doing but don't worry about immigration from now on" I honestly can't take it in if thats the case.. Im the first Scotsman lost for words!!

No, these people came here after the disaster because they were allowed to, and have been waiting ever since to get true legal status. (That's why I said they have been waiting a year, even though the official timeframe may be 3 months). They came here because they lost their homes and families. Allowing these people to get real jobs and get back on their feet will help them heal and also allow Uncle Sam to collect their tax dollars. They are not gang members who have been here forever suddenly getting a free ride.

The person complaining the most has been waiting only two months and somehow thinks that he is being burdened by other applications. That is nonsense.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

I know it's frustrating, but it's just not you. If you look at all the people on VJ who haven't gotten approved since June you'll see you aren't alone. And to be honest, those are the only petitions that are registered on here. So, what is happening in Vermont?! Most of us would love to know. It's completely frustrating, but think of it this way...if none of us are getting approvals then that's a good sign. It means they are doing something else. Otherwise, it'd be your individual petition itself. So, blessing in disguise? Let's hope so.

Our five month period is up on the 29th. Good luck to everyone...I hope they remember about us soon!

Jennifer & Salah

February 2010 met on interpals

March 2010 started getting serious

15- 24 June 2010 my first visit to Morocco

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

29 July 2010 I-29F received

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

26 January 2011 NOA2/petition approved

event.png

event.png

Timeline

No, these people came here after the disaster because they were allowed to, and have been waiting ever since to get true legal status. (That's why I said they have been waiting a year, even though the official timeframe may be 3 months). They came here because they lost their homes and families. Allowing these people to get real jobs and get back on their feet will help them heal and also allow Uncle Sam to collect their tax dollars. They are not gang members who have been here forever suddenly getting a free ride.

The person complaining the most has been waiting only two months and somehow thinks that he is being burdened by other applications. That is nonsense.

Another "oh poor Haitians" post by another member who already completed his journey and who is not being hurt by them. We seem to have a lot of this here.

I never said I had a problem waiting in line behind other AMERICAN CITIZENS who have been waiting longer than I have. But I do have two problems:

1. Giving priority to ANY foreigner, Haitian or otherwise, over American citizens.

2. In general, not having enough staff despite the enormous fees we pay them to process our applications in a reasonable (i.e. 60 days) amount of time.

EVEN IF the Haitians should someway, somehow deserve priority over taxpaying, voting American citizens, THEY ARE ALREADY HERE. My Elena is trapped in Russia.

So no matter how you look at it, the claim that Haitians deserve priority over us is BS, plain and simple.

Edited by Al422

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.