miker32us

How to track N-400 progress and Oath letter

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Does anyone know why the online USCIS status system does not provide any information after the N-400 is sent to the local office for processing and the interview? My wife passed her interview 11/9 and was given a letter stating she will receive her oath ceremony letter in the mail but we have not received anything for 5 weeks now. The Online status only goes as far as the interview letter being sent which was in August.

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

The online system is not the most efficient and most current system available, therefore, it is unreliable. The status there may never update but that doesn't mean that your application is stuck - just want until they decide to update the online status or you receive regular mail.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

It will be sent out..your local office might be backup/busy just be patient. My dad got his citizenship in NOV and the site has not updated the status so it's not so reliable.

Citizenship next step!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sometimes the online portal isnt updated as it should. Some have gone through the oath ceremony and still no update... even until now. (one of the moderator had this issie Kythrin i think is her name)

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello, it's coming very soon,the service in your area thay need to get a lot of people to fill the hall to take the oath ceremory, when thay get enough people thay will send you a letter for your appointment, good luck .

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know why the online USCIS status system does not provide any information after the N-400 is sent to the local office for processing and the interview? My wife passed her interview 11/9 and was given a letter stating she will receive her oath ceremony letter in the mail but we have not received anything for 5 weeks now. The Online status only goes as far as the interview letter being sent which was in August.

My wife is in same boat. She cleared interview on 12/16/10 in Chicago and given a letter states that she will receive oath ceremony letter in mail. I am waiting as only 2 weeks spent....no change in online status still interview and testing. Good luck...

************************************************************************************************************************
I-130:
-----
2010-06-26: I-130 Sent
2010-06-29: Priority Date/NOA1
2010-11-16: Touched.
2010-11-22: NOA2(APPROVED)
2010-12-02: Received NVC case # and replied back by email rgd. I am going for Adjustment of Status.

I-485 & I-765:
-------------
2010-12-15: Package Sent.
2010-12-20: NOA 1 for both.
2011-01-13: RFE(for status, and Finacial docs W2,1099,Tax returns)
2011-01-20: RFE replied with Upgrade I-485.
2011-02-07: Got Biometrics Appointment for 2011/03/04.
2011-03-04: Biometrics done.
2011-03-10: Email of EAD card in Production.
2011-03-11: Email of EAD Approval.
2011-03-16: Received EAD in mail.
2011-03-16: Email for Interview Scheduled April 18th.
2011-04-18: Interview is over and officer told us magic words "I will receive GC in 2-3 weeks."
2011-04-26: GC arrived in mail.

I-751:
-----

2013-01-17: Package Sent.
2013-01-22: NOA 1.
2013-02-01: Biometrics Appointment Letter.
2013-02-21: Biometrics complete.

2013-07-02: Approved(got email)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

were u able to finlly receive notice for oath?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My senators office could pick up the phone and call the St. Paul office while I was on hold. It said on my wifes' interview letter for her to contact her IO if we had any questions, but absolutely no way for us to make that contact.

To the best of my knowledge, after you receive your biometrics letter from the service center or that new lockbox they call it now, they are done with you. You are strictly at the mercy of your field office. And in our case, which one? For whatever reason, we go to Milwaukee for the biometrics and to St. Paul for the interview, distance is about the same, but always have a traffic jam in Milwaukee, and they were nice enough to make that appointment right during their rush hour. We met people at St. Paul that only lived 60 miles away from Milwaukee and wondered why they were assigned to St. Paul. A friend that only lived 30 miles from St. Louis, but on the Illinois side had to go to Chicago with way overpriced hotels.

Almost fell off my chair when the St. Paul office e-mailed my wifes' oath letter to me with the action my senators office took. Didn't even know they had a computer there or even telephones, but they do. But you just cannot contact them yourself.

You also become to realize that even if you get US citizenship, strictly determined by your field office, over 80 of those, some are nice, others are not so nice.

my oath ceremony is 5 days from today :D and my case status stays at "Testing and Interview"

I guess they just stopped updating the online case status for us the applicants after the interview

but I can tell you from my own experience that the officer sitting at the front desk at your friendly local CIS office can tell you:

when your case passes the final approval (post-interview),

when it is placed in line for oath,

when your letter is sent out (if it's out)

and when your oath date will be BEFORE you actually get your letter in the mail.

Don't worry, it will be here soon.

GOD bless,

Naturalization adventure (5-year rule)

Local District office - Indianapolis, IN

08/25/2010-01/06/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.