Kev

HOW HARD CAN THIS BE?????

8 posts in this topic

Hi

Canadian Citizenship....10 year green card holder yadda yadda....send in my application for N-400..they have zero trouble vacuuming up the $675.00 but then send me a Request for Evidence on Nov 8, 2010. Then 3 days later my Biometrics arrives..NOTHING else arrives...So I call there like 2 weeks later and say what is this Request for evidence?

Oh...sez rep...could be an error and they really just wanted Biometrics which I did Nov.22..so could be a mistake...Gives me a reference number if in 30 days I dont hear anything..

So I call back..another rep....It has not been 30 days so we cannot do anything sez Robo Rep....

So I call back does it seem reasonable to you guys that 2 weeks pass I call and THEN another possible 30 days to DETERMINE whether the BIOMETRICS IS ACTUALLY THE REQuest for evidence???

cLICK..cLICK...PLEASE INSERT ANOTHER QUARTER TO CONTINUE this call..click click...sez ROBO REP 3..

Anybody higher I can talk to about this sez I? Does not compute. Anything else I can help you with?

Anything else? Just er...what DID you help me with?

click.click.

Thanks for listening

Kev

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi

Canadian Citizenship....10 year green card holder yadda yadda....send in my application for N-400..they have zero trouble vacuuming up the $675.00 but then send me a Request for Evidence on Nov 8, 2010. Then 3 days later my Biometrics arrives..NOTHING else arrives...So I call there like 2 weeks later and say what is this Request for evidence?

Oh...sez rep...could be an error and they really just wanted Biometrics which I did Nov.22..so could be a mistake...Gives me a reference number if in 30 days I dont hear anything..

So I call back..another rep....It has not been 30 days so we cannot do anything sez Robo Rep....

So I call back does it seem reasonable to you guys that 2 weeks pass I call and THEN another possible 30 days to DETERMINE whether the BIOMETRICS IS ACTUALLY THE REQuest for evidence???

cLICK..cLICK...PLEASE INSERT ANOTHER QUARTER TO CONTINUE this call..click click...sez ROBO REP 3..

Anybody higher I can talk to about this sez I? Does not compute. Anything else I can help you with?

Anything else? Just er...what DID you help me with?

click.click.

Thanks for listening

Kev

Don't worry

good news

the RFE IS the fingerprints and the USCIS sytem is so crocky its the best they can do

programmers ? useless !

thats all

everyone gets the entry on their account

have a look on august filers september filers etc and look at the tables

the RFE is the fingerprints

everyone !

You are in the clear - no hass

Always check with VJ tribe first - we are the experts

Forget USCIS - they are brains out dopey do-dahs

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply appreciate it...I wasn't worried really that they needed more evidence as it was pretty detailed... more that... while it is in this "status" it is delaying my moving forward to the next step...ie..Losing a month because click click while they move to the next BLUE dot..

Thanks for the info!Just like old times with them when I first came form Canada...a real treat to be sure...

Kev

Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply appreciate it...I wasn't worried really that they needed more evidence as it was pretty detailed... more that... while it is in this "status" it is delaying my moving forward to the next step...ie..Losing a month because click click while they move to the next BLUE dot..

Thanks for the info!Just like old times with them when I first came form Canada...a real treat to be sure...

Kev

haha it won't last forever - at least they are quite quick nowadays

I filed august 8th - interview oct 25

my anniversary was nov 5 and they cant do you til then

So they delayed me to dec 2 for ceremony and my passport arrives tomorrow !

viva !

free at last

hang loose the n400 stuff is easy peasy lemon squeezy

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Kev

Just so you know, they dont always update online or do you get emails or texts.

I still have the biometrics status up on mine. And I have since been for interview, and am about to take my oath next week. Still says date of last action was oct 13...so don't fret, as others have said, the RFE was just your biometrics.

If they require any additional inof they will send you a yellow coloured letter detailing whats required, and you bring the evidence with you to your interview.

other than that, if you get no yellow lwtter, just wait for your interview letter, and bring the few things that they do request on that, which is mainly just orifinals of any copies you may have sent in as evidence, your d/l, passport and greencard.

I took in everything that was sent in originally, and they asked to see nono of it,..only my d/l and greencard.

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Timeline

Just so you know, they dont always update online or do you get emails or texts.

I still have the biometrics status up on mine. And I have since been for interview, and am about to take my oath next week. Still says date of last action was oct 13...so don't fret, as others have said, the RFE was just your biometrics.

If they require any additional inof they will send you a yellow coloured letter detailing whats required, and you bring the evidence with you to your interview.

other than that, if you get no yellow lwtter, just wait for your interview letter, and bring the few things that they do request on that, which is mainly just orifinals of any copies you may have sent in as evidence, your d/l, passport and greencard.

I took in everything that was sent in originally, and they asked to see nono of it,..only my d/l and greencard.

yeah my status is still stuck on 'out to local office' even though I got my certificate last week and my passport arrives today or tomorrow

Most people report that it never moves after the interview pending stage

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Another warning:

If you ever had a ticket and reported it truthfully on your N-400 application, you will also get a yellow letter saying "You indicated that you have been arrested." Be prepared that this is as much BS as the RFE letter you got for the Biometrics. You'd think that a country of 308 million people would find a few who are not f*cking up something so important, but obviously that's not the case. If I were the Secretary of Homeland Security, I would fix these things before I go to the bathroom.

Vote for me!

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

Another warning:

If you ever had a ticket and reported it truthfully on your N-400 application, you will also get a yellow letter saying "You indicated that you have been arrested." Be prepared that this is as much BS as the RFE letter you got for the Biometrics. You'd think that a country of 308 million people would find a few who are not f*cking up something so important, but obviously that's not the case. If I were the Secretary of Homeland Security, I would fix these things before I go to the bathroom.

Vote for me!

You got it if I can't get it ! I can't become prez and big dadda field Marshall with damned big juju bongo bongo medicine for life at least (Idi Amin) - but I am looking for a proxy - you know, like the W and Cheney ventriloquist act - I will be like cheney except not in favor of anything he is. If he was in favor of breathing I would hold my breath til I died.

I have offered Charles proxy prez but he didn't take me up on it coz I have more guns than him and he is envious.

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.