thelastpetitioner

the courious case of our noa2

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

mmk so hopefully this is the last bump in our process.

a couple of days ago a complete toolbox of an operator ( a toolbox because of his communication skills ) told my fiance that he should try contacting CSC with email since we are over five months.

he shrug it off,and so did i,but i eventually emailed them.

last night we received a response from one officer McCleallan that our case has been approved and forward to NVC on november 17th,you got it right,almost one month ago.

now my fiance had a change of address dated 29.10 , and he also received a letter stating that his change of address has been approved and all,but still we have not received anything fron CSC OR NVC,considering how crucial NOA 2 is,im stressed.

where do you think we should start?CSC?NVC?post office?could it be CSC's mistake ?maybe they forgot to mail our noa 2?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would call NVC and find out what is the status of your case and check to see what address they have on file for both of you. If the case is still in NVC then you can fix the problem there. If the case has already been forwarded onto the embassy, contact the embassy to check what address they have on file

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

thank you.i dont know whether i should be happy or not.it seems like something always has to go wrong.

what if the case is in NVC and the address IS wrong?our noa 2 would pretty much be gone and lost,what would we have to do then?

thank you.i dont know whether i should be happy or not.it seems like something always has to go wrong.

what if the case is in NVC and the address IS wrong?our noa 2 would pretty much be gone and lost,what would we have to do then?

i'm happy for you, at least you were told that your case was already approve! :thumbs: now your problem is how to track your noa2, not really sure but maybe you can start by calling the csc to confirm the mailing of it to the nvc then call the nvc to confirm the receipt of it, not really sure but you may want to try. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You will need the NOA2 for the AOS so contact CSC and inform them you never received it and request a copy of it. Since this is a K-1 case you will have to get a live operator at NVC and they should be able to give you the case number (the one with the embassy prefix). Once you have confirmed it has been sent to the embassy get all the packet three stuff to them so they will schedule the interview. Ankara usually contacts the beneficiary by email with the appointment date letter, make sure they print a copy of this to take to the interview or they will not get in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

mine and a bunch of others that were approved on november 17th were to the nvc by the 22-23rd, and forwarded to embassies by 23-24th, so you might just be a week or so away from packet 3 already. a few of the other nov 17ths have already gotten their packet 3 materials returned to the embassy and are only awaiting an interview date.

so congrats, and find that noa2, i believe it's needed for the AOS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.