Filipinawife0210

Have we gotten lazy?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Understood :thumbs: But, it seems that there are quite a bit of beneficiaries who are trying to fill out forms that are required at the USCIS stage of the process. I can wholly understand about being panicked at the interview stage, or even the pre-interview stage, just to make sure everything is filled out correctly. But, if the petitioner was as involved as they should be, the paperwork should be squared away ahead of time. It just seems that a lot of beneficiaries are left hanging once the package leaves US soil, and heads for where ever it's going. Asking questions is ALWAYS welcomed, and recommended. Especially on this site. As I stated the advice given from the seasoned VJ veterans is priceless compared to even an immigration lawyers advice.

Yeah, I don't really follow the threads close enough to know what's being asked by whom, but even if I did, I don't think I could jump to any real conclusions about their commitment to the process with a clear conscience. If I were to generalize though, I'd say a lot of these beneficiaries (pinays) are well educated and probably have better reading and cognitive skills than their USC counterparts, but that's just me.

Feeling full of yourself today huh?! Having some low self esteem issues lately? A 9-5 "JOB" may be nothing to you but it is to others. Why are you puffing up your chest about a 12+ hours work shift?

If that's your measure? Then how about try owning a business like my husband does where, it becomes a lifestyle and instead of a job. Don't judge somebody until you walk in their shoes.

There's more to life than just punchin' a clock.

Well...la-dee-daah! Good for you for being such a GOOD reminder (director). My husband and I worked together...we each did our own part and cooperated throughout the process.

I didn't need to be "reminded" bcoz I could handle the things that I needed to do on my end. VJ served as a great resource for both of us.

I think you should compare apples to apples. Apparently your wife was incapable of being much help throughout the visa process.

That doesn't mean those of us "Filipinas" that are capable, are married to "LAZY" spouses.

You need to put things in proper prespective!

Thanks so much for the scathing response. If your hubby and you worked together, great, this post was NOT aimed at you. It is aimed at those who are too lazy, and leave their beneficiary hanging at the most critical parts of the process.

Seems to me, you replied to me in this same manner on another post some time back. If a post does not apply to you or your hubby, you have every right to ignore said post, rather than take unnecessary offense and flame the OP for forming opinions based on what has been observed by others.

I have put things in the proper perspective. I have never stated that ALL kano petioners are lazy, only some. And did not say that ALL Filipinas are incapable of filling out the forms.

As for my wife, she has been a tremendous help. She has done everything that has been required from her, and had it to me before I even needed. Maybe you should take a lesson in judging others before you pass judgement of your own. Simple reminders do not make a person incapable.

Also, if you feel a need to defend someone who is not the target of a post, or feel offended when said post doesn't apply to your situation...I should think you might be the one with self esteem issues. Just saying.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Yeah, I don't really follow the threads close enough to know what's being asked by whom, but even if I did, I don't think I could jump to any real conclusions about their commitment to the process with a clear conscience. If I were to generalize though, I'd say a lot of these beneficiaries (pinays) are well educated and probably have better reading and cognitive skills than their USC counterparts, but that's just me.

I agree with with the last part of your post too. I find myself wondering whether the OPs on some posts are the beneficiary, or the USC. It's hard to tell sometimes.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Thanks so much for the scathing response. If your hubby and you worked together, great, this post was NOT aimed at you. It is aimed at those who are too lazy, and leave their beneficiary hanging at the most critical parts of the process.

Seems to me, you replied to me in this same manner on another post some time back. If a post does not apply to you or your hubby, you have every right to ignore said post, rather than take unnecessary offense and flame the OP for forming opinions based on what has been observed by others.

I have put things in the proper perspective. I have never stated that ALL kano petioners are lazy, only some. And did not say that ALL Filipinas are incapable of filling out the forms.

As for my wife, she has been a tremendous help. She has done everything that has been required from her, and had it to me before I even needed. Maybe you should take a lesson in judging others before you pass judgement of your own. Simple reminders do not make a person incapable.

Also, if you feel a need to defend someone who is not the target of a post, or feel offended when said post doesn't apply to your situation...I should think you might be the one with self esteem issues. Just saying.

Check your weapon soldier coz it just misfired!!!

I take offense with your presumptive stereo-type and generalization of the Filipina and Fil-Am couples.

Is my perspective clear enough for you?

And I know my husband would not want to be included with your "WE" representation of USCs.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Check your weapon soldier coz it just misfired!!!

I take offense with your presumptive stereo-type and generalization of the Filipina and Fil-Am couples.

Is my perspective clear enough for you?

And I know my husband would not want to be included with your "WE" representation of USCs.

Noone else has taken offense. Maybe that should be your first clue.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Noone else has taken offense. Maybe that should be your first clue.

Yet another obtuse statement from you!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Admin Please close this thread. I do not wish to offend the masses.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

your point probably would have been taken better if you had said some USC's. I'd guess the vast majority of petitioners are involved in the process from the beginning to the end.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

your point probably would have been taken better if you had said some USC's. I'd guess the vast majority of petitioners are involved in the process from the beginning to the end.

I agree with this 100% I know that the vast majority work it through. Problem is I never said ALL at all in any of my posts. In order to be considered a stereotype, you need to consider ALL of a different group to be one way or the other....I never said ALL petitioners were lazy, and although I admit to generalizing about Filipinas and literacy in English...I do apologize for that....I never said that they were incapable of filling out the forms. I have read and re-read my posts, and am still dumbfounded as to why happydinlove is so upset.

Admin Please close this thread. I do not wish to offend the masses.

Disregard please.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

if someone disagrees with something that was been said, point it out. the member might not have been implying what you think. all just a part of having a civil discussion.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

cease the bickering. that is all.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filipinas are the hottest babes on the planet.

One thing I have some compassion for on the Pinay side of things is the interminable bureacracy they have to go through for things like birth certificates. I can get them in the mail, whereas my wife had to wait in a long line at that stupid office.

Then that ridiculous seminar she had to take, as if an adult can't be responsible for themselves in marriage.

To each his own, y'know. We could do a thread about who does the dishes or who is on top most of the time, and it comes down to individual circumstances and preferences.

We do about 50-50. :)

I couldn't be more prouder of my wife.Like most of the Filipinas here she's literate in English.She speaks 4 languages(not dialects) and never had problems doing all the paperworks herself. I never relegated her and asked her to do everything but she told that she will take care of it and she did.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Understood :thumbs: But, it seems that there are quite a bit of beneficiaries who are trying to fill out forms that are required at the USCIS stage of the process. I can wholly understand about being panicked at the interview stage, or even the pre-interview stage, just to make sure everything is filled out correctly. But, if the petitioner was as involved as they should be, the paperwork should be squared away ahead of time. It just seems that a lot of beneficiaries are left hanging once the package leaves US soil, and heads for where ever it's going. Asking questions is ALWAYS welcomed, and recommended. Especially on this site. As I stated the advice given from the seasoned VJ veterans is priceless compared to even an immigration lawyers advice.

There is one small thing that you are overlooking here. While I handled all the paperwork up through u s citizenship, and bringing her dad here, there are other people that couldn't fill out a change of address form by themselves to save their life. Has nothing to do with being stupid or anything, just the way things are. Even though I didn't get one single RFE on anything, I can't tell you one single thing about quantum phsyics, yet a person working in the field probably thinks it's easy and that i'm lazy. Oh well, i guess we are all called individuals for a reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.