Sarah&Todd

Help filling I-129F form

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance is filling out the I-129F form for us. We have unusual circumstances though...

He is a United States citizen and i am a UK citizen, and we are currently working as volunteers in Haifa, Israel.

The aim is to get a visa to allow me to go the the US and marry him.

- Should the I-129F be submitted to the Consulate in Israel, the Embassy in Israel or the USCIS in Dallas, TX, U.S.A (I am from Georgia, U.S.A)?

- If he submits the I-129F on my behalf and begin the application process here in Israel, would the process have to be completed in Israel, or could the process be transferred to either the U.S. or the United Kingdom in case it was not completed before either of us left Israel?

- If the process was not complete before he leaves Israel in April 2011, would he still have to be here in Israel for the interview process or could I do this on my own here without him?

Also, when we were filling out the form it asks for my (alien fiancee) 'address', and then my 'address abroad'... on the example form on this website, they are the same. However, my address in UK and my address in Israel (where i am a temporary resident on an 18 month visa) are different. Which one do i put as Israel and which one for UK (if at all, but i assume i would need to provide a uk address to show that i am a UK citizen)? I will need to do the interviews and medical checks in Israel as i don't plan on returning to the UK before joining my fiance in the USA.

Any reliable help is much appreciated as we are keen to get this process started ASAP.

Many thanks

event.png

2011 Jan 3rd: NOA1 - USCIS received I-129f

2011 Jan 7th: 'Touched' by VSC

2011 May 13th: NOA2!!!!

2011 May 19th: NVC received

2011 May 23rd: NVC sent file out to London Consulate

2011 May 26th: London Consulate rcvd

2011 June 8th: London Consulate sent out packet 3

2011 June 10th: Medical appointment

2011 June 11th: Received packet 3

2011 June 13th: Sent packet 3 back to Embassy

2011 June 23rd: Packet 3 approved at Embassy and logged on to system - NO RFE!

2011 July 1st: Received packet 4 by standard mail

2011 August 3rd: Interview at US Embassy London

2011 August 12th: Moved to the USA: POE Atlanta... easy peasy!

2011 October 13th: Married

2011 October 25th: Sent off AOS

2011 October 27th: AOS signed for at Government location

2011 November 1st: Email and Text notification that AOS and EAD accepted and being sent to benefits centre.

2011 November 7th: Letter from USCIS with biometrics date

2011 November 2?th: Letter from USCIS RFE on affidavit of support (insufficient evidence for proof of income)

2011 November 30th: Biometrics done

2011 December 9th: RFE in review for AOS

2011 December 15th: Notice that AOS has been sent to CSC for faster processing

2011 December 21st: Notice that AOS has reached CSC

2011 December 23rd: Notice that ead card was in production

2011 December 30th: 2nd notification that EAD was in Post Decision Activity and on it's way to me in the mail.

2012 April 5th: AOS approved, Green Card in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance is filling out the I-129F form for us. We have unusual circumstances though...

He is a United States citizen and i am a UK citizen, and we are currently working as volunteers in Haifa, Israel.

The aim is to get a visa to allow me to go the the US and marry him.

- Should the I-129F be submitted to the Consulate in Israel, the Embassy in Israel or the USCIS in Dallas, TX, U.S.A (I am from Georgia, U.S.A)?

- If he submits the I-129F on my behalf and begin the application process here in Israel, would the process have to be completed in Israel, or could the process be transferred to either the U.S. or the United Kingdom in case it was not completed before either of us left Israel?

- If the process was not complete before he leaves Israel in April 2011, would he still have to be here in Israel for the interview process or could I do this on my own here without him?

Also, when we were filling out the form it asks for my (alien fiancee) 'address', and then my 'address abroad'... on the example form on this website, they are the same. However, my address in UK and my address in Israel (where i am a temporary resident on an 18 month visa) are different. Which one do i put as Israel and which one for UK (if at all, but i assume i would need to provide a uk address to show that i am a UK citizen)? I will need to do the interviews and medical checks in Israel as i don't plan on returning to the UK before joining my fiance in the USA.

Any reliable help is much appreciated as we are keen to get this process started ASAP.

Many thanks

I am sure you will get plenty of answers to your question. But as far as I am aware your USC has to have permanent roots in USA and a US address to have mail sent to. Even though you are both out of your prospective countries you can still file no problem, but the 129f has to be sent to Dallas and your fiance has to have an address in USA. Maybe family / parents address can be used and then they can notify him when he gets mail so he can respond. Now being December your case will no way be complete by April so not a concern, unless the Gods rush it through lol. K1 are 5 months processing.

He being the USC does not have an interview you do as the beneficiary and you would have to have that back in the UK as you are a UK citizen as far as I know. I am sure someone will correct me if this is wrong.

You would use your UK address for sure as Israel is temporary.

Not sure how you will have all your info as you are both not at home but follow the guides on here and USCIS site for filling in 129f and you will be fine. Give all your evidence of your relationship and so on and keep copies of it all for your own records too. To reiterate yes petition must be sent to Dallas. One thing just concerns me is you have to show permanent residency and as your fiance is there not sure how you will do that as I hope you are planning on living in USA? Good luck

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

If you're not planning on returning to the UK then you can do your interview in Israel. There is a place on the I-129F form to state which country/embassy you wish to interview at. Not sure what to do about the addresses, but I would include evidence that you are in Israel so that they are likely to let you interview there. (May need to include a copy of your visa showing that you are legally there and will still be there next year.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.