Krikit

Christmas Present Thread

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I started to write this in the Off Topic thread but then thought it may be helpful to have a dedicated thread so we can get ideas from each other. :) Here's my cut and paste:

Wow. Who would have thought it would be so difficult finding a man's terry cloth bathrobe? Apparently they only make them in white, and even they're hard to find. I found some in Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday but was not impressed with the quality. My Mum was trying to find one for my Dad while they were here visiting, and she specifically wanted terry cloth. We couldn't find any so I thought I would get one for him for Christmas. I can find different colours but not in terry cloth. I may end up getting one from Amazon. I saw some good reviews on one but it's almost $100. :blink:

iagree.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Victoria's Secret. I know it's a woman's store, but they do carry things for men, and I wouldn't be surprised if the had one.

My husband got his xmas gift early. He hinted about wanting to learn to snowboard, so I bought him an entire Burton set up. Since the snow is already falling here, and getting fitted for all that gear needs an in-person visit, he got everything early. We also headed up to Loon Mountain and he had his first lesson; where he spend 90% of the day on his butt. :) He still loved it though.

J-

Our Story

03-05-2008: Met Online (World of Warcraft)

04-19-2008: Met in Person and Started Dating

04-19-2009: Engaged

08-07-2009: Married at Laconia, New Hampshire

USCIS

10-21-2009: Mailed I-130

10-26-2009: NOA1

05-17-2010: NOA2

Our I-130 was approved in 203 days from our NOA1 date

NVC

05-25-2010: Called NVC to receive case # and submit emails

06-01-2010: AOS Fee Paid

06-09-2010: Opt-in accepted

06-16-2010: E-mailed I-864 package

06-23-2010: IV Fee Paid

07-12-2010: E-mailed DS230 package

08-04-2010: Email from NVC - Case Completed

NVC process completed in 71 days

CONSULATE

12-07-2011: Received consulate interview date

12-13-2010: Medical Exam (Medisys)

01-07-2011: Interview - APPROVED!

POE & POST INTERVIEW

01-16-2011: POE Highgate Springs, VT

01-22-2011: SSN Card Received

01-24-2011: Receipt Letter Arrived

02-10-2011: Biometrics Appointment (uncommon for CR-1)

03-15-2011: Welcome Notice Received

03-19-2011: 2 Year Green Card Arrived

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I started to write this in the Off Topic thread but then thought it may be helpful to have a dedicated thread so we can get ideas from each other. :) Here's my cut and paste:

Wow. Who would have thought it would be so difficult finding a man's terry cloth bathrobe? Apparently they only make them in white, and even they're hard to find. I found some in Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday but was not impressed with the quality. My Mum was trying to find one for my Dad while they were here visiting, and she specifically wanted terry cloth. We couldn't find any so I thought I would get one for him for Christmas. I can find different colours but not in terry cloth. I may end up getting one from Amazon. I saw some good reviews on one but it's almost $100. :blink:

I found these..

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/56506?feat=502852-GN3

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65810?feat=502852-GN3

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Mens-Cotton-Terrycloth-Bath-Robe/5510184/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&mr:trackingCode=858530C8-F8FB-DF11-B690-001517384909&mr:referralID=NA

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Unisex-Egyptian-Cotton-Terry-Bathrobe/3711121/product.html

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Land's End has some nice ones :) I was gonna buy one for Varba, but we decided not to get too many presents this year. Also try JCP.

Oh Varba and I recently bought our first home, and we also adopted 2 abandoned kittens from the shelter, so that's our Christmas present to each other. We got a few things for each others stocking, but that's it.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Thanks Peachey! It's nice to see you again. :) I thought we'd already checked in JCP but now I'm second guessing myself. :unsure:

Congratulations on the new home! Wow. How exciting for you! Awwww. I love kittens. I don't think I'm going to have anymore animals, though, as much as I'd like one. Not in the fore-seeable future, anyway. :(

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Land's End has some nice ones :) I was gonna buy one for Varba, but we decided not to get too many presents this year. Also try JCP.

Oh Varba and I recently bought our first home, and we also adopted 2 abandoned kittens from the shelter, so that's our Christmas present to each other. We got a few things for each others stocking, but that's it.

Congratulations on the home!

Yea my husband and I don't do Christmas for each other anymore. If we really want something we'll just get it. We just spend it buying for everyone else.

So far this is what I got for others:

I got my cousin a Phillies - Roy Halladay shirt - he's a blue jays fan but misses Halladay and wanted one.

So far I got my son 2 sets of legos and some clothes - still have to finish his.

I got my mom an immersion blender, hand cream, set of tea towels and mixing bowls.

I am not even finished and I am leaving for Canada in two weeks... I think I'll finish up there at the Upper Canada mall.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

We usually do most of our shopping for the kids and just little stuff for us. But this year we got little surprise already so we will be all set.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

It's always expensive for us - we have 3 kids, each other and family - but we like to give gifts

Cannot put the hubster's gifts here since he also reads VJ :)

Teen #1: almost 20 yr old son

- God of War PSP plus assorted other small things like pajama pants, concert tshirts etc....

Teen #2: almost 19 yr old daughter

No huge electronic item this year - she wrote an incredibly detailed list of beauty products...

- Emjoi Epilator - so she can tear her armpit and leg hair out - sounds fun!

- perfume collection from Sephora

- black eyeliner collection from Sephora

- decent haul of OPI nailpolish in the coulors she needed...i mean wanted

- beauty blender pink makeup sponges - $29.95 for 2 - holy sh*t $$$$$

- Cosmo subscription (my little girl is all grown up:( )

plus assorted random small beauty products from Sephora and Ulta

Teen #3 almost 18 yr old son

- 3g Kindle plus a cover and $50 Amazon gift card

- concert shirts and pajama pants

- soccer jersey

Mother in law

- bathrobe

- subscriptions to Good Housekeeping and BHG Quilting magazine

Stockings for everyone whch usually involve a Starbucks card, snacky things, deodorant etc....

The list is getting too long so I didn;' botehr with my side of the family.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

- Emjoi Epilator - so she can tear her armpit and leg hair out - sounds fun!

:lol: You'll have to let us know if it's any good.

- beauty blender pink makeup sponges - $29.95 for 2 - holy sh*t $$$$$

:o

I'm going to have to look those up. I'd have to be made ravishingly beautiful after a few uses in order to buy that. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh no...this reminded me I haven't found anything for A yet. :bonk:

What are you supposed to get the guy who has everything!?

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

This is our Christmas present:

Kitty.jpg

We get stocking things for everyone in Varba's immediate family. We also draw names. I got my brother in law, and got him vouchers for movie tickets. Varba got his sister and didn't buy her gift yet.

In my family we just do names. I got my mom so I got her a Moravian star (she picked it out when she was down here helping us move), and Varba got my brother, so I just gave my mom some extra money and she's gonna buy a gift so we don't have to ship it.

Of course we had to get our kitties something. They get a laser toy and a catch the mouse toy. The kittens got Varba Lego Creationary :D

Edit: the Kitties names are Lemon and Lime. Lemon is the multy color stripped one, and Lime is the black and white one.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my husband the last few seasons he was missing of his favourite TV show Stargate Sg1 .. and he let me buy my Christmas Village houses etc..lol We might do some little stocking stuffer stuff for each other though..

My family back in Canada did a gift exchange and David and I got my brother and his wife.. I got him a PS3 game and I got her a framed picture that has that Irish blessing on it "May the road rise up to meet you" except the last line says " may the sand feel soft below your feet" for my nephew I got a colouring book, crayons, play-dough kit, hot wheels, book and a little mini train set..

As for my hubby's family we only got gifts for our nieces and nephews.. We got movie gift cards for five of them and the rest...

niece - Pashmina-type scarf and make-up, niece - fuzzy socks and make-up, niece - Stuffed bear and a fuzzy blanket, niece - doodle-bead kit, 2 nephews - eye-toy camera plus games for the PS2

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.