Jen&defs

TATTOO TROUBLE

22 posts in this topic

Hello Journey men and women. Soon it will be time for my Asawa's medical exam at ST. Lukes in Manila and my fiancee is going crazy about this as well as other ladies waiting for the exam. Most in particular her "TATTOOS" she has 4 of them. Matching ones. one on each fore arm, stars. Then she has one on her side shoulder a ,gothic-like tribal heart, and a small one on the side of her calf, a fish. my question is will this be a problem?? A few people here on VJ stated that they had no problem and were approved,but they only had one or 2 of them but she is worrying about them and I am now also after she told me how they are viewed in the PINAS but she went through a rockstar fashion phase in her youth and had these cute tattoos done. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. Pray for our success as I pray for everyone here on VISA JOURNEY. :dance:

Can you please type in a standard font that is easy to ready. My eyesight (and I'm sure many others) is not what is used to be. Thanks

The medical appointment is to discover medical problems that may be harmful to the US; communicable diseases, mental illness, etc. I wouldn't think that the tattoos would be problem unless she picked up something when she got the tattoos....which evidently she didn't since it was years ago.

George

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When Sorine had her medical examination at St. Luke's, 2 months ago, they did ask her about her 4 tattoos. She just told them it was art and they made no big deal about it.

The scar she has on her forearm is what caused us the most issues. Spent 3 hours explaining to a "head doctor/shrink" that she cut it on coarl while swimming.

Oh - she now has 5 tattoo. We got matching tattoos last month.

Jim

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is not true. As of 1/4/2010, HIV testing is no longer done as part of the medical and HIV is not a basis for denial of a visa or AOS application. Since this is relatively new, it is understanding that it confuses people who were tested for HIV as part of the process only a year ago. I don't wish to hijack this thread, but I do want accurate information to be available to people with HIV.

Here is the relevant information:

Effective January 4, 2010, visa applicants required to receive medical examinations will not be tested for HIV, and HIV-positive visa applicants will not be found ineligible for visas under Section 212(a)(1)(A)(i) of the INA and will not need waivers from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) prior to being issued visas, if otherwise qualified.

Source: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/HIV_Q&As.pdf

Another good reference: http://immigrationequality.org/template.php?pageid=5

Wouldnt be able to say categorically for all medical examination centres in differnt countries but I had my medicals done in Nigeria abt 2 weeks ago and we were specifically told that the blood test being taken was for Syphilis. Arrive two days later to pick up the results and was informed the HIV and Syphilis tests was negative. I was shocked as I was of the impression it was only gonna be for Syphilis. anyways, like I said at the begining it might be differnt for differnt countries but just be prepared for the worst. Cheerz

i had my medical done last week, and i passed, i have 3 tattoos, one is like 10 inches big. the doctor just asked me what they were, i.e. name, symbol, etc. so don't worry.

11/15/2010............NVC received AOS package

11/16/2010............NVC received DS-230 package

11/25/2010 ........... early medical day 1

11/26/2010 ........... medical day 2 (passed)

11/29/2010............AOS entered at NVC's system, requesting for biographic info

11/30/2010............DS230 entered at NVC's system

12/8/2010 ........... SIF

12/9/2010 ........... Case Complete

12/13/2010 .......... Interview date assigned- January 7, 2011

01/07/ 2011 ..........Visa Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i had my medical done last week, and i passed, i have 3 tattoos, one is like 10 inches big. the doctor just asked me what they were, i.e. name, symbol, etc. so don't worry.

Hello sis,

thank you so much for your answer my post here..i worry about this the whole day what happen if

i can't past my medical exam

thank you and god bless you sis w/ur fam

jen

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

my husband has two tattos.. one on his arm of a virgen guadalupe.. and a laughing joker on his leg..he has never been in a gang and never had done drugs.. .. but the reason they say it might be an issue is because the officers may say that they are linked to a gang.... i am also really concern because of this matter.. i had read more post.. and sometimes it is not an issue and sometimes they are ban... they also say that they may be sent to a physocologist they have so they can determine if the person tattoo is linked to gangs.. and of course if they see a tattoo they assume you also do drugs... like i say i am in the same situation and i am only posting what other forums have recommended me.. also that it is not a done thing that person might get ban... but to be really prepared to explain with they have those tattoos..

1994 hubby enters U.S ILLEGAL

1996 decides to get virgen tattoo on arm

1999 decides to get laughing joker on leg... (risky for physical exam )

2000 met hubby

2001 got married ( im a u.s citizen)

2002 jan filled i-130

2002 jan had my daugter 2 wks after filling

2005 tried to do I-485.. But attourney scarred us saying he might get deported.

2006 hubby arrested on warrant for driving without a license....

2007 have my little boy

2008 attourney cleared out tickets and all cassses were closed

2009 feb hubby was arrested while working.. with my two brother in laws

2009 may hubby was deported for past arrest and 10 yr ban

2009 May filled i-824 to reactivate I-130

2010 MARCH go with my kids to go see their daddy

2010 may .. find out secretary of attourney never send the I-824

2010 june.. attourney resends I-824.. didnt charge as courtesy... wat ever..

2010 dec 03 I-824 IS PROCESSED and waiting on letter to see if reactivation was done

2011 jan 11 in 2 wks i will get response...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.