Angel Eyes Yuseef

Mena Advice on tourist visa's after marriage.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I had posted in the tourist visa section, for this question but I think the mena ppl would know better and have more experience with this. I have had mixed answers on if you can get a tourist visa after being married or if is just so darn impossible. So does anyone have any experience with our spouses being able to get a tourist visa after marriage.

My husband says to me "maybe we should try for a tourist visa, it would be cheaper for me to come there then for you to fly and invest the money in that trip for just 2 weeks and I can get to know all my kids instead only 1 or 2 becasue it is so expensive." Sure in therory this is great logic, but who knows what the Embassy will think. And I am very well aware of the requirements of this type of visa. But were just trying to figure out our next step before we file. If the odds are against us then i will go back and visit. With all the new changes going on with immigration and all, I rather feel that i have the proof there needing.

So anyone have any experience with this??? And thanks in advance

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had posted in the tourist visa section, for this question but I think the mena ppl would know better and have more experience with this. I have had mixed answers on if you can get a tourist visa after being married or if is just so darn impossible. So does anyone have any experience with our spouses being able to get a tourist visa after marriage.

My husband says to me "maybe we should try for a tourist visa, it would be cheaper for me to come there then for you to fly and invest the money in that trip for just 2 weeks and I can get to know all my kids instead only 1 or 2 becasue it is so expensive." Sure in therory this is great logic, but who knows what the Embassy will think. And I am very well aware of the requirements of this type of visa. But were just trying to figure out our next step before we file. If the odds are against us then i will go back and visit. With all the new changes going on with immigration and all, I rather feel that i have the proof there needing.

So anyone have any experience with this??? And thanks in advance

We don't know what your husband's country is. But it really doesn't make much difference. MENA men very rarely get tourist visas when they're NOT married to a USC. Being married to a USC makes his chances even slimmer. But it's up to you.. Good luck ;)

Filed: Timeline

Thank you, I am starting to lean towards going and visit again

I don't believe a tourist visa would work. They are for usually good for 5 years, but can only stay in the States for 6 months. They surely would not believe he would come and go every 6 months.

Good luck in your process!

Jackie (F)

He is from Egypt and I starting to lean more towards another visit. Think I will email the embassy and see what kind of reply I will get, I know something generic. But curious minds...lol

We don't know what your husband's country is. But it really doesn't make much difference. MENA men very rarely get tourist visas when they're NOT married to a USC. Being married to a USC makes his chances even slimmer. But it's up to you.. Good luck ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There is a very slim chance that an Egyptian male would get a visitor visa particularly if he's engaged/married to a USC. He can try but he'd more than likely just be throwing money away. You're better off just work on getting a fiance/spousal visa and going to visit him every few months or so.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.