jasoncerri

G 325a final touches

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all. I'm sorry to bring this up again as I have seen several threads on it and seems like the answer depends.

So, question is G 325a, signed or unsigned by foreign fiance? Specifically, we'll be going through Mexico, if that makes a difference.

I have seen both yes and no answers on this, so almost ready to send the packet and nervously triple checking all things.

I have been thinking to be safe on this one, scan it to her, she prints and signs then sends back to me via DHL since she needs to send me her passport photos anyways. Not sure if this is a good idea or unnecessary? Thanks for any advice on this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Going through Mexico doesn't make a difference. YOU sign your G-325A and the beneficiary signs their G-325A

G-325A needs to have original signatures, so if you scan it to her (or she can download it off the internet herself) and then sends it back to you, that would be fine

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all. I'm sorry to bring this up again as I have seen several threads on it and seems like the answer depends.

So, question is G 325a, signed or unsigned by foreign fiance? Specifically, we'll be going through Mexico, if that makes a difference.

I have seen both yes and no answers on this, so almost ready to send the packet and nervously triple checking all things.

I have been thinking to be safe on this one, scan it to her, she prints and signs then sends back to me via DHL since she needs to send me her passport photos anyways. Not sure if this is a good idea or unnecessary? Thanks for any advice on this.

The correct answer is NO. The G-325a does NOT have to be signed by a FOREIGN beneficiary. I can send you a copy of the USCIS internal memo specifically stating so. If you are going to go the route of NOT having sign it, I suggest you PM me with your email address and I will email you a copy. Attach it to your file with a letter requesting she sign the G-325a at the interview. There is always the possibility you can get an adjudicator that needs to be trained. Training them AFTER they send an RFE does you no good.

That said, I usually recommend that people get the G-325a signed since you MUST have her signature on the finacee letter of intent, why not get it for the G-325a also? If you must get a signature from her anyway, get her to sign a few blank G-325a forms and fill them out yourself. If you are all ready but for that, then send a copy of the USCIS memo and a letter requesting she be allowed to sign at the interview per USCIS rules.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Going through Mexico doesn't make a difference. YOU sign your G-325A and the beneficiary signs their G-325A

G-325A needs to have original signatures, so if you scan it to her (or she can download it off the internet herself) and then sends it back to you, that would be fine

Good luck

This is not correct. Copied and pasted internal memo of USCIS below. I have an original to send people if they need it. Also refer to the pinned topic at the top of the K-1 forum. Note bolded remarks

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose: To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioners signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioners photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I had only photocopied signatures of everything (g325, letter of intent, etc) from the beneficiary... and everythings was approved. Originals are not required by the beneficiary at USCIS.

Edited by locito79

USCIS

Sent 6/21/10

Received 6/23/10

NOA1 6/29/10

NOA2 11/17/10 (141 days)

NVC

Received 11/22/10

Sent to Embassy 11/29/10

EMBASSY

Received 12/10/10 (email)

Packets 3&4 submit 12/15/10 (at embassy)

Medical 1/05/11

Interview 1/11/11 (approved!)

Visa Received 1/19/11

PORT OF ENTRY 01/29/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the correction :thumbs:

This is not correct. Copied and pasted internal memo of USCIS below. I have an original to send people if they need it. Also refer to the pinned topic at the top of the K-1 forum. Note bolded remarks

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose: To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Great, thanks for all the info. Well...almost there and a few more questions.

What do you reccomend for previous employment portion? Some of the addresses don't fit in the box provided so not sure if I should use some abbreviations or put the complete info on an attached sheet. If I do that, should I just write "See Attachment #3" or whatever?

Lastly (I think) for the USC 325a, what do I put towards the bottom where it asks "This form is submitted in connection with an application for: ?"

Do I feel anything out on the USC form? I know on the immigrant, I mark Other, then write I 129 f, but not sure if I just leave the USC form blank?

Thanks a lot everyone. Really appreciate it.

Timeline

That's what I did. Attach a supplement sheet, type applicant's name and the following at the top:

"SUPPLEMENT FOR G-325 A: Applicant's employment last five years."

On the form, just type "See attachment"

Regarding the last question, you did it accurately. "Other(specify): I-129 F"

Timeline

What do you reccomend for previous employment portion? Some of the addresses don't fit in the box provided so not sure if I should use some abbreviations or put the complete info on an attached sheet. If I do that, should I just write "See Attachment #3" or whatever?

Lastly (I think) for the USC 325a, what do I put towards the bottom where it asks "This form is submitted in connection with an application for: ?"

Do I feel anything out on the USC form? I know on the immigrant, I mark Other, then write I 129 f, but not sure if I just leave the USC form blank?

Name of company and city and state (or country) of employer. "XYZ company, Donetsk, UA" was sufficient for ours. IF you need to attach a separate sheet then make sure it is clearly identified exactly what it is answering

The answer is whatever form you are sending..."I-129f" for example, same for yours and hers.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Here's an example of my residences attachment: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/236661-g-325a-questions/page__p__3626180#entry3626180 I did the same for my employment section but did the columns to match the employment section. I wrote my employment on the G-325A until I ran out of room and wrote "see attachment" in the last row on the employment section. One the employment attachment I wrote ALL my employers, even though i had listed some already on the form, I didn't want to risk them thinking I missed something.

Do the same for USC's G-325A that you did for yours "Other: I-129F"

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My thinking is that since there is a line for her signature, why not have her sign it? We did that and had no issues.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.