God is Good

Manila US Embassy

52 posts in this topic

sillygirl - Is that the call center number? I called the Manila Embassy direct at 011-63-2-528-6300 then dial 0 for the operator and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit, which handles K1 Visas. DO NOT ASK FOR NONIMMIGRANT VISA! The best time to call is at 0730 (Manila Time). Cheers!!!

THIS NUMBER HAS NO SURCHARGE! SO FOR USCs IT'S WHATEVER YOUR LONG DISTANCE RATE IS...

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sillygirl - Is that the call center number? I called the Manila Embassy direct at 011-63-2-528-6300 then dial 0 for the operator and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit, which handles K1 Visas. DO NOT ASK FOR NONIMMIGRANT VISA! The best time to call is at 0730 (Manila Time). Cheers!!!

THIS NUMBER HAS NO SURCHARGE! SO FOR USCs IT'S WHATEVER YOUR LONG DISTANCE RATE IS...

Does that mean it's cheaper to call that number? :unsure::blush:

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

cheaper ... and more informative ... it's not the call center ... it's actual consulate people

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

extensions are 5184 or 5185. the voice recording prompts you to press a number i think it's 7 if you know your party's extension. just do that and enter 5184 or 5185 then #.

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: Other Timeline

sillygirl my papers have been processed since february 2002, hubby filed an I-130 for me since at that time he was still an immigrant now he is already a citizen and i am just waiting for an available appointment for my interview, i heard that you can have medical exams before your interview is th is true? I have been waiting for almost 5 long years this journey is really hard for me i hope i get to hear something from manila embassy soon. my hubby keeps on calling them and they keep telling us to wait sometime at the end of this month for the new list of appointments. i checked the website www.usembassy.gov/manila/wwwfvisa.pdf for the list of interview dates but it was only up to the month of august the new list will be posted sometime this month. Goodluck to everyone and God bless!

sillygirl my papers have been processed since february 2002, hubby filed an I-130 for me since at that time he was still an immigrant now he is already a citizen and i am just waiting for an available appointment for my interview, i heard that you can have medical exams before your interview is th is true? I have been waiting for almost 5 long years this journey is really hard for me i hope i get to hear something from manila embassy soon. my hubby keeps on calling them and they keep telling us to wait sometime at the end of this month for the new list of appointments. i checked the website www.usembassy.gov/manila/wwwfvisa.pdf for the list of interview dates but it was only up to the month of august the new list will be posted sometime this month. Goodluck to everyone and God bless!

Yes, you can and must take the medical exam before the interview. When your beloved receives packet 4 from the Manila Embassy, taking the medical exam at St. Lukes will be listed in the instructions. In fact, within my signature is the link to packet 4. By the by, can you please fill out your timeline and list what type of visa you have applied for because it helps others in their attempt(s) to help you.

NOTE: Per my conversation with the Manila Embassy staff, they advise that we do not take the medical exam too far out from the interview because the result could be labeled as invalid. My research reveals that most folks take the medical exam anywhere from a week to a month before the interview, which is acceptable.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question . My NOA1 is 3/29/06, & I was just reapproved. I wonder if the Embassy will start from the oldest dates 1st for scheduling interviews? Will the oldest be the 1st to processed as the recieve? I was an IMBRA Casualty...

Yes, you can and must take the medical exam before the interview. When your beloved receives packet 4 from the Manila Embassy, taking the medical exam at St. Lukes will be listed in the instructions. In fact, within my signature is the link to packet 4. By the by, can you please fill out your timeline and list what type of visa you have applied for because it helps others in their attempt(s) to help you.

NOTE: Per my conversation with the Manila Embassy staff, they advise that we do not take the medical exam too far out from the interview because the result could be labeled as invalid. My research reveals that most folks take the medical exam anywhere from a week to a month before the interview, which is acceptable.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

Hi stormyrain!

Sheriff Uling is correct. You must take the medical before going for your interview otherwise you will be rescheduled again.

Your medical date together with your interview date will be in the appointment letter that you will receive in pakcet 4. However, you can take your medical earlier than your actual medical date (like Sheriff uling said, it is advised that you not take your medical more than a monthbefore the interview as it can be invalidated).

Good luck to your journey! I hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on. :)

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

Question . My NOA1 is 3/29/06, & I was just reapproved. I wonder if the Embassy will start from the oldest dates 1st for scheduling interviews? Will the oldest be the 1st to processed as the recieve? I was an IMBRA Casualty...

Madison Man

First, I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to you and your beloved. I am of the belief that USCIS should NOT have recalled petitions that were approved and delivered to the consulates/embassies. PERIOD! It would have been less insulting to piss on your grave. I apologize but I am still very upset over that decision. It was unfair and simply wrong. I don't mean to stir-up any dormant anger or frustration that you may have concerning your case, but I really do feel for you. The recall was a bad decision in my opinion.

My apologies!

Now to your question... It's a wonderful question because the Manila Embassy schedules interviews on a first come first serve basis. However, I am betting like everything else in this wretched process that you case will be scheduled and interview based upon the receipt of the "reapproval" by embassy, which is pure non-sense Yet AGAIN!

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE: You can call the Manila Embassy at 011-63-2-528-6300 ext 5184 or dial 0 for the operator and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit. Although our visas are non-immigrant , they are processed like immigrant visas. Therefore you must request for the Immigrant Visa Unit in order to obtain status or ask question concerning your case. Please post your findings if you do decide to call.

Edited by Uling

Called the # 011 632 528 6300 at 9:38 AM PH time got right through by pressing 0 and asking operater for Imagration unit. our packet was recived on Aug 17 at embssy , they have no schuled Dates out as of yet. and that they are looking at a 120 day window. ( Darn ) Mid December ? lol what a Christmass Present. Case # MNL 2006 719 xxx

Edited by ed_dreams

hopefully will see soon someone whose petition arrived at the Embassy in August receive an interview date. since we don't except anything before mid December, my fiance and I decided they wouldn't come her till Jan. that way she and her daughter can enjoy Christmas in the Philippines. it's a different experiece than here. we'll have many in the future to celebrate here in US. i know her daughter will miss her cozs. she's more like their older sister.

anyways still anxious to finally know the interview date. checking the Embassy appointment link countless times since petition reached the Embassy.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Madison Man

First, I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to you and your beloved. I am of the belief that USCIS should NOT have recalled petitions that were approved and delivered to the consulates/embassies. PERIOD! It would have been less insulting to piss on your grave. I apologize but I am still very upset over that decision. It was unfair and simply wrong. I don't mean to stir-up any dormant anger or frustration that you may have concerning your case, but I really do feel for you. The recall was a bad decision in my opinion.

My apologies!

Now to your question... It's a wonderful question because the Manila Embassy schedules interviews on a first come first serve basis. However, I am betting like everything else in this wretched process that you case will be scheduled and interview based upon the receipt of the "reapproval" by embassy, which is pure non-sense Yet AGAIN!

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE: You can call the Manila Embassy at 011-63-2-528-6300 ext 5184 or dial 0 for the operator and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit. Although our visas are non-immigrant , they are processed like immigrant visas. Therefore you must request for the Immigrant Visa Unit in order to obtain status or ask question concerning your case. Please post your findings if you do decide to call.

Thanks for the reply...

I expect the worst from the Embassy. I have read the only place that is worse to deal with is the American Embassy in Mexico as far as wait times go. Does our Government do anything that is Logical? :no:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
in my case the suspense stage has already expired, its been almost 5 years since my husband has submitted the petition, everytime we call the manila embassy they always tell us to wait for their notification when an appoinment date will be available for me, i am almost losing hope but i keep on praying for strength to be able to stretch my patience. the paper works we submitted were completed last february we are now waiting for an available interview date. thanks for all the information you have shared it makes me feel a lot better to know that there are others who more or less are in the same situation that i am in. Good luck to all and God bless!

sorry to hear about your situation. i know two couples who had the same scenario as you...to wait was all they can do. they already had a kid with each other too. you only have a few months left to wait. wish you the best!

my fiance had his medical exam in mid-July but his interview is not until next week. as long as you have an interview date, you are allowed to take an early medical. it was just more convenient for him to fly to Manila in July. i'll let you know next week if his results will be considered "invalidated"...since it was 2 months early. i hope not. :(

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Filed: Other Timeline

my husband calls the 5286300 number are the informations you get from the 1-909 number the same as when you call the 5286300 number? they keep on telling us to wait for their notification or to call back at the end of this month. which number is better to call?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.