mikaila

scheduling an interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got the Noa2 on November 4th. I asked my fiance to call the NVC after a week to check our case and to get the case Number which he did and learned that my papers was already sent to Montreal and we already had the case number on the NOA2. This morning, just try to schedule my interview online and kinda shock to find out that the earliest i can book is March 1st. this is suck bcos im 3months pregnant so i guess im gonna have my baby born here before going to US. yeah i still have to pay for non-refundable MRV fee which is $350 before i can book the interview. Im not so happy right now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You may also need to file CRBA and get a US passport for the baby before you move too.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I might as well take advantage of the free healthcare of canada bcos its not gonna be free in US.But im really disappointed but i guess i can check everyday and pray that someone will cancell their appointment then i can jump and get an earlier appointment. its a very long wait. almost 5 months for the NOA2 and almost 4 months for the interview.But im looking forward to see montreal again, its a very beautiful city.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are not supposed to schedule your interview right after getting NOA2. When you receive Packet 3 from Montreal (if you haven't already), read it over, and somewhere in the first page, it gives you the website for scheduling your interview and choosing a DHL location for your visa to be shipped back to.

Then, it also says do not schedule your interview at this time, and that you can schedule your interview when Montreal emails you back via the email address you provide in the DS-230.

I was confused about this at first, because we got our NOA2 on October 20th, and I was all excited thinking I could schedule my interview as soon as I got Packet 3, with the new online scheduling system, but it tells you not to.

Also, I went on to see how far it would let me get to, and I know the screen you mean, where it says the first available one is March 1st... and I clicked on that, and clicked on a bunch more stuff, and it took me to a spot where I had to click a box basically promising I had been giving permission to schedule my own interview (which wasn't true).... and below somewhere, it says something like, if you have not been given permission to schedule and you schedule, you will be turned away at your interview.

Now, J of JLovesA and I have been debating how they would KNOW when you were allowed to schedule, unless they compared the Packet 4 (now sent via email) date of being sent and the date you actually scheduled.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, and I'm waiting until I get my Packet 4 email, but there's a chance you could schedule now and still be okay.

I'm personally waiting until I get the email, just because after filing in May, and waiting 5 months for NOA2.... I don't want to be turned away at the interview! I know it will probably be April by the time we get to interview, but at least we won't be turned away at the door.

If you have any information I don't, and you are actually allowed to schedule - PLEASE let me know! I would be more than happy to go online today and schedule my interview!! Maybe I read the Packet 3 information incorrectly and I'm being a dork just waiting for this email thing.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I might as well take advantage of the free healthcare of canada bcos its not gonna be free in US.But im really disappointed but i guess i can check everyday and pray that someone will cancell their appointment then i can jump and get an earlier appointment. its a very long wait. almost 5 months for the NOA2 and almost 4 months for the interview.But im looking forward to see montreal again, its a very beautiful city.

I don't even want to imagin the cost of having a baby in america! I would say if you can you might as well have it there it would be a lot less expencive thats for sure! But I agree its a long wait and would be nice to have the baby in the US with your man and not have to worry about filing more papers and such for the baby.

Just incase you do have to have the baby in canada heres the CRBA website for you.

http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/birth_abroad.asp

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.