BigJohn

Can I go to medical yet?

4 posts in this topic

We did a DCF at the manila embassy. Our applicaton was approved and we sent in packet 3 requesting an interview date earlier this week. I am going to try and call next week to see if we can get an interview date set fast after they've had a few days to process the paperwork, which should have been received yesterday. Hoping for an interview in January (Dec would be great but not holding my breath on that one).

Question is, I have the packet 3 cover letter on the official US Embassy stationary with watermark with my MNL case #. I would like to take her for the medical in mid-December as I am going to be in Manila anyway and if I wait til January I can't go with her as i'll be back in the US. If I don't get an interview date by early december, can I use the packet 3 cover letter with my MNL case # to go to the medical and get in? I am hoping I can get confirmation on the appointment before I go to manila, but in case I don't...

Also, it seems people go really early to get good #s to be seen. If I go to st. lukes around 2 or 3am so we can be one of the first there, is it a safe area where we don't have to worry too much about getting robbed or harassed in the middle of the night?

Also what's the deal with the biometrics (fingerprinting)? how much is it and when is that done -- on interview day??

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

We did a DCF at the manila embassy. Our applicaton was approved and we sent in packet 3 requesting an interview date earlier this week. I am going to try and call next week to see if we can get an interview date set fast after they've had a few days to process the paperwork, which should have been received yesterday. Hoping for an interview in January (Dec would be great but not holding my breath on that one).

Question is, I have the packet 3 cover letter on the official US Embassy stationary with watermark with my MNL case #. I would like to take her for the medical in mid-December as I am going to be in Manila anyway and if I wait til January I can't go with her as i'll be back in the US. If I don't get an interview date by early december, can I use the packet 3 cover letter with my MNL case # to go to the medical and get in? I am hoping I can get confirmation on the appointment before I go to manila, but in case I don't...

Also, it seems people go really early to get good #s to be seen. If I go to st. lukes around 2 or 3am so we can be one of the first there, is it a safe area where we don't have to worry too much about getting robbed or harassed in the middle of the night?

Also what's the deal with the biometrics (fingerprinting)? how much is it and when is that done -- on interview day??

Hi BigJohn...

I have read here on VJ where K-1 Fiancé(e) visa beneficiaries have been allowed to complete their medical with only their NOA2. It would be a safer bet to show manong guard at St. Lukes their NOA2 and their NVC Manila case number.

For Direct Consular filings like yours, I don't know for sure, but I believe your official cover letter with your MNL case number might do the trick. However, you would likely get better answers to this question in the DCF forum.

I think it's a big waste of time to go to St. Lukes as early as you suggest. Chinook and her friend arrived at St. Lukes for the first day of their medical just before lunch and they were finished in the same amount of time as those who showed up during the wee hours of the morning. It was the same way for them on the second day. There's really no reason to go early. Sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, and avoid the morning rush. Go in later instead.

The fingerprinting is done on interview day...a little while before the interview.

Thanks on the advice. Most of the people in the DCF forum tho are non-philippines so i think my best bet is here hopefully someone else will know on whether the embassy letter is enough

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.