Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Handang handa na!:dance: Hes actually at the embassy now as i write this.I'll keep u guys updated!:thumbs:

GoodLuck to ur Fiance Chazzie! Congratulations in advance! :dance:

whee December na! and i'm getting nErvous!

GoodLuck to all of us whO has an interview this month!

It'll be the best Christmas Gift ever! :D

02/21/11: POE L.A.

03/04/11: Applied for SSI

04/01/11: passed actual Driving test!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

04/28/11: AOS packet sent USPS

04/29/20: AOS received by J.C (Chicago)

05/04/11: Tx message from USCIS that application rec'v

05/04/11: check cashed $1,070 whew!

05/23/11: Biometrics Appt @ 2pm

06/07/11: USCIS text notification

07/09/11: Interview/ AOS Approved!/ Card production tx notice

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called the USEM. NO NO NO. you do not need DS230. you do need, DS-157, DS-156K and DS-156 and all the other documents they mention in their instructions.

BE VERY SKEPTICAL OF THESE CALL CENTER PEOPLE! they probably have 8 hours of training to cover ALL the visa types they handle.

idaho_and_surigao, thanks for going out of your way and verifying this info. I was just about to do the same thing and call, luckily I read your post before I made the call. I guess we're ready to rock and roll next week. Now all I have to worry about is her medical tomorrow :whistle: She is paying the visa fee ($350) @ BPI as I type this. I will update and see how it went once she contacts me. Thanks again bro! :thumbs:

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

GoodLuck to ur Fiance Chazzie! Congratulations in advance! :dance:

whee December na! and i'm getting nErvous!

GoodLuck to all of us whO has an interview this month!

It'll be the best Christmas Gift ever! :D

jean&chard, just curious, did you/fiancee pay the fee through BDO (before the transition)?

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

You're welcome! I know information like this would be really helpful to anyone who will be scheduling their appointment. Nah, it's just my fiancee that's going to be on her interview. We opted for me to just go on January after all is said and done and that we have the visa on hand before I go to Manila. That way we can go back here together. Not to mention that ticket right around this time is really expensive (especially here on the East Coast). It's $2,000 dollars round trip for me. I wouldn't mind paying that much for the ticket if I had the cash at my disposal but I really don't. Good for you though! I'm sure you're excited to be there with your fiancee during the interview. I don't think you've mentioned here how long you're going to stay in Manila though. I mean, it's probably going to take 5-7 days for the visa to be delivered and then there's the CFO registration and the seminar. Do you plan on being there the entire process until you go back stateside with your fiancee? Just curious, anyways - best of luck on the medical and interview!

Cheers!

Timeline

Yeah guys, this whole transition thing was bad timing. I really hope everything works out for everyone here. I guess I am kind of lucky for not having my fiancee pay through BDO (Visa Fee). As I mentioned above, the operator told me that my fiancee will be able to pay the fee (through BPI) with just a copy of her passport BIO page and payment (per the new rules; no need for the DS-Forms). I told her to bring the Embassy Appt Email just in case as well. My only fear now is that I hope BPI recognizes the new transition at EACH BRANCH for tomorrow (Dec. 1st Philippines). I told my fiancee to contact me ASAP if she has a hard time. Im also concerned about the timing of her medical. Since our interview is for next week (10th) is it enough time for her to take the medical and get the results if she goes this Thursday Dec 2nd? I hope that should be enough (god's willing she passes without any problems). Anyways, that's our plan for the upcoming days.

mcdsnight - You are in the same boat as me, my friend. You have two choices basically. Keep the interview date, pay through BPI (if not paid yet) and attend your medical. We're basically on the same timeframe (I just have a day more than you). The 2nd option would be to do a "no show" on the 9th, according to the operator then TRY to reschedule. I emphasize TRY, because I was told that they could not promise that you could get an open date EVEN FOR DECEMBER. She said most likely for JANUARY. When I heard that, I thought to myself "Forget this. No way I'm going to take that chance." I guess things happen for a reason. I should be happy that I got a December date. Now, I'm forced to make the adjustment and rush the coming days. Take it as it is and look at it this way, "If we're approved on December 10th, it will be ALL WORTH IT." Enjoy my holidays then bring her back for the New Year.... :thumbs:

Everyone - Good luck! Everything will work out for the better. I will pray for all of you! God bless you all!

Maraming salamat buddy!

I have no idea but I would call St. Lukes (just to save you the time/trouble). Good luck!

Hi BB & MJ.

I have a quick question. You said they need the copy of the beneficiary's passport when paying the fee at BPI, the problem is, my fiance forgot to make a copy of his passport. Is the passport number would be fine? :bonk:

Thanks

04/08/11 Wedding Day

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Timeline

jean&chard, just curious, did you/fiancee pay the fee through BDO (before the transition)?

He hasn't pay yet. How about you?

I red that we can now pay through BPI is that right?

04/08/11 Wedding Day

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

You're welcome! I know information like this would be really helpful to anyone who will be scheduling their appointment. Nah, it's just my fiancee that's going to be on her interview. We opted for me to just go on January after all is said and done and that we have the visa on hand before I go to Manila. That way we can go back here together. Not to mention that ticket right around this time is really expensive (especially here on the East Coast). It's $2,000 dollars round trip for me. I wouldn't mind paying that much for the ticket if I had the cash at my disposal but I really don't. Good for you though! I'm sure you're excited to be there with your fiancee during the interview. I don't think you've mentioned here how long you're going to stay in Manila though. I mean, it's probably going to take 5-7 days for the visa to be delivered and then there's the CFO registration and the seminar. Do you plan on being there the entire process until you go back stateside with your fiancee? Just curious, anyways - best of luck on the medical and interview!

Cheers!

Thanks for the well wishes. I will be there from December 8th to January 6th!! That's a VACATION!! LOL!! Celebrating the Holidays and New Year with her. Best time in the Philippines if you ask me. But yeah, I'll be with her every step of the way. I told myself from the start, I wanted to experience the entire process. Thank the Lord for the opportunity. :thumbs: Good luck to your fiancee as well.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

BB & MJ,

My fiancee went to BPI in Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao, and inquired about the MRV Fee.

BPI there is charging a flat rate of P 15,750. for the month of Dec. which works out to P45 per $1.

It is fine, that is how they make money.

We plan to pay next week, how would you recommend that I make my appointment after payment ?

Wish you lots of luck doing what you are doing.

He hasn't pay yet. How about you?

I red that we can now pay through BPI is that right?

Yes, my fiancee is actually doing that right now (as I post). I will update later and let all of you know how it went. Tomorrow & Friday she will go to St. Luke's for the medical. Then I'll arrive, then the BIG DAY!! How about your/fiancee? Everything (besides the payment) done on your end? Good luck jean&chard!

BB & MJ,

My fiancee went to BPI in Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao, and inquired about the MRV Fee.

BPI there is charging a flat rate of P 15,750. for the month of Dec. which works out to P45 per $1.

It is fine, that is how they make money.

We plan to pay next week, how would you recommend that I make my appointment after payment ?

Wish you lots of luck doing what you are doing.

Thanks for the info wbuchko. I'm still yet to hear from my fiancee. She is going to the BPI in Carmen, Pangasinan. I'm curious to see if the rate is the same. I'll let you all know. You were looking for a January interview date right? You should be fine. Hopefully they'll have January available for scheduling. According to the Manila Embassy website (http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html#processing) after the payment is made (at the BPI branch; NOT online) you'll wait for about 4 hours, then you can go to (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/AppointmentWaitTimes.html) and schedule an interview. Make sure you have the passport, receipt, issued by bank, CEAC barcode number, relevant docs on visa class and email address to gain access. Refer to the link below. Good luck my friend!

New Appointment Scheduling System

Hi BB & MJ.

I have a quick question. You said they need the copy of the beneficiary's passport when paying the fee at BPI, the problem is, my fiance forgot to make a copy of his passport. Is the passport number would be fine? :bonk:

Thanks

Not sure since it's a new process jean&chard. I had my fiancee make a copy of her Passport BIO page (first page of passport) and bring the payment per the new instructions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

BB & MJ,

The CEAC barcode number is just the bar code that appears on the DS-156 form, is that correct ?

Everything else I will have, hopefully.

Be good ! Hate that monster trip though, but it is worth it !

Here's the scorecard:

> Chazzie.......Dex is at the Embassy right now for his interview!!!

> BB & MJ.......Going to Manila Dec. 6...Medical on Dec 2...Interview on December 10.

> jean&chard.......Interview on December 9 at 7:00 a.m.

> mcdsnight.......Medical on Dec. 2...Interview on December 9...Wants to reschedule interview for December 13 (or so).

> idaho_and_surigao.......Will pay the visa fee on December 2 at BPI...Will schedule an interview shortly thereafter.

> wbuchko.......Will pay the visa fee on December 9 or 10...Wants to schedule an interview for January 18.

> don_the_dragon.......Interview on December 10 or December 16 or December 10 or...

BB & MJ,

The CEAC barcode number is just the bar code that appears on the DS-156 form, is that correct ?

Everything else I will have, hopefully.

Be good ! Hate that monster trip though, but it is worth it !

wbuchko, I am not sure what the CEAC barcode number is. However, I'm certain that the information will be on the payment receipt once you pay at BPI. Sorry my friend.

Here's the scorecard:

> Chazzie.......Dex is at the Embassy right now for his interview!!!

> BB & MJ.......Going to Manila Dec. 6...Medical on Dec 2...Interview on December 10.

> jean&chard.......Interview on December 9 at 7:00 a.m.

> mcdsnight.......Medical on Dec. 2...Interview on December 9...Wants to reschedule interview for December 13 (or so).

> idaho_and_surigao.......Will pay the visa fee on December 2 at BPI...Will schedule an interview shortly thereafter.

> wbuchko.......Will pay the visa fee on December 9 or 10...Wants to schedule an interview for January 18.

> don_the_dragon.......Interview on December 10 or December 16 or December 10 or...

Love the scorecard updates Tahoma :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.