Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

By the way guys, does it say how much the TOTAL FEE will be to pay at BPI? I'm guessing it includes the Visa Interview Fee and Appointment scheduling?

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been very attentive to notice what the total charge is under this new system. All indications are that it is a package deal, all for the low price of $350.00 for the K-1 Visa. you should be able to call the 214... number after Dec 1 and find out for sure.

Keep us informed.

I have been very attentive to notice what the total charge is under this new system. All indications are that it is a package deal, all for the low price of $350.00 for the K-1 Visa. you should be able to call the 214... number after Dec 1 and find out for sure.

Keep us informed.

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Here's the scorecard:

> Chazzie.......Has an interview scheduled for December 1.

> BB & MJ.......Has an interview scheduled for December 10, but wants to reschedule it to December 16 or 17 (or so).

> jean&chard.......Has an interview scheduled for December 9 at 7:00 a.m.

> mcdsnight.......Has an interview scheduled for December 9, but wants to reschedule it to December 13 (or so).

> idaho_and_surigao.......Will pay the visa fee on December 2 at BPI, and will schedule an interview appointment shortly thereafter.

> wbuchko.......Will pay the visa fee on December 1, and wants to schedule a January 18 interview.

Timeline

idaho_and_surigao,

Is Floricel going to go to a BPI in Manila ?

Nope she will go in Cavite. Fortunatly we have been BPI customers for years, I hope this helps, she is going to bring a copy of her passport, the NVC letter with case numbers and her NOA2. Hopefully all is ok then supposedly after waiting 4 hours, we will make the interview appt.

on the fees.....it does sure seem to be a flat fee of 350.00 I am hoping that it can also be paid in peso equivlant, I dont Floricel to loose pesos if she has to change to dollars!

ingat,

Idaho

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Here's the scorecard:

> Chazzie.......Has an interview scheduled for December 1.

> BB & MJ.......Has an interview scheduled for December 10, but wants to reschedule it to December 16 or 17 (or so).

> mcdsnight.......Has an interview scheduled for December 9, but wants to reschedule it to December 13 (or so).

> idaho_and_surigao.......Will pay the visa fee on December 2 at BPI, and will schedule an interview appointment shortly thereafter.

> wbuchko.......Will pay the visa fee on December 1, and wants to schedule a January 18 interview.

Love the scorecard idea :lol: ! I'm in the same boat as wbuchko. Due to the transition, looks like I too will be paying the visa fee, then rescheduling the date. Let's hope this goes smoothly :( . Chazzie, good luck to your fiancee. The time has come. And good luck to everyone else as well.....

Timeline

Just to correct the scorecard, Meg will pay the MRV Fee on 9 ro 10 Dec, after I get money to her. And yes, we are shooting for Jan 18, after doing the physical on Jan 11 & 12.

Good Luck to All !

Be Good

Just to correct the scorecard, Meg will pay the MRV Fee on 9 ro 10 Dec, after I get money to her. And yes, we are shooting for Jan 18, after doing the physical on Jan 11 & 12.

Good Luck to All !

Be Good

Wbuchko, you should have no problem especially with the new system. Good luck my friend.

Here's the scorecard:

> Chazzie.......Has an interview scheduled for December 1. <--- malapit na!!! :o:yes::thumbs: Chazzie...handa ka na ba?

> wbuchko.......Will pay the visa fee on December 9 or December 10, and wants to schedule a January 18 interview.

Lurkers are welcome to add their name. :star:

Nope she will go in Cavite. Fortunatly we have been BPI customers for years, I hope this helps, she is going to bring a copy of her passport, the NVC letter with case numbers and her NOA2. Hopefully all is ok then supposedly after waiting 4 hours, we will make the interview appt.

on the fees.....it does sure seem to be a flat fee of 350.00 I am hoping that it can also be paid in peso equivlant, I dont Floricel to loose pesos if she has to change to dollars!

ingat,

Idaho

Chinook paid for her visa fee in Philippine Pesos. I doubt if that will change under the new system...at least I have not seen anything about it on the Embassy's website nor the traveldocs website.

Chinook paid for her visa fee in Philippine Pesos. I doubt if that will change under the new system...at least I have not seen anything about it on the Embassy's website nor the traveldocs website.

Yup, it will be $350 (PHP equivalent). Wish me luck today boys. I will update ASAP.

Guys, the Manila Embassy Call Center number (1-888-877-9888) is either down or disconnected now. What number should I be dialing, 214-571-1600 this is so frustrating?

Timeline

I just realized, I think that the new system is not up until Dec 1.

But when you do get through, ask them where they are located.

(214) is an area code for Texas.

I wonder if they are piping a number direct to the USEM via Texas.

Just a guess

Don't worry, we can figure this out together.

I called the new number. No PIN required guys. Just followed the prompts and got an operator. Looks bad for my "special" situation guys. Operator said that our scheduled date is "blocked" and their is no way for her to reschedule it. If I wanted to change it, I would have to do a "no show" on the 10th then try to set up a new interview, in which she also said that I might not have a chance at all the get my preferred date or any December date at all. This is bullshit. Now I have to tell my fiancee to go on the 10th (by herself). I still have to prepare the docs and send it out ASAP. Any suggestions on what carrier is good (LBC?). I'm new to this. Thanks for listening guys, but right now it looks like the 10th is set without me to join my fiancee :crying:

Why this change? Why this time? I've been waiting for six months for this time and this bull has to come up. Just my luck. Just needed to vent guys. Thanks. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by BB & MJ

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation, but it does not surprise me.

These are the surprises that the new system has to offer, I never thought this would get off without a hitch

OK you still have time, you did this early enough.

I hope you almost have everything together by now.

I sent an envelope to Mindanao which is further than Manila in 6 days using FedEx, the fee was high though, but trackable every step of the way.

The problem is Filipino Customs, and how soon the package can clear customs.

I have heard good things of LBC but never used them.

Call a few places and ask what the delivery time will be, including Global Express by the post office, which is delivered FedEx also.

I think even though you will not be there, your fiancee can do this, as long as you have been telling her what has been going on all along.

USEM approves just about everyone, even nervous Fiancees.

She will be fine.

Prayers are with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.