digbeezgrl

Another End of the Road

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am not an advice expert. Heck, I don't even play one on TV, but here goes. It is probably worth what you paid for it.... :P

Everything in life is a gamble as we do not have any crystal balls with which to foretell the future. Whether it is a long distance relationship, a "short distance" relationship, or a marriage we just do not know. Therefore, we "take chances" on things in life after evaluating them with the best information we have available at the time.

Who knew that after 30 years of marriage that I would have asked my then wife for a divorce? When we were dating and first married the thought of a divorce never entered into my mind. Stuff happens!

Be happy in the fact that you took that chance, for it could have been the best move of your life! Without taking chances we cannot grow in life, in love, in our careers. It hurts now and I know that these words sound hollow, but they are true from a man who has experienced a divorce; time will heal your wounds. It hurts now and will for some time, but each day you will feel just a little bit better and one day you will be ready to "take another chance at love".

God bless you both. :crying: Rong and I are so sad to hear this news, but things happen for a reason. Many times we are not clear as to what the reason is until much later. Keep the faith, baby! :thumbs:

-------------------------------

ticker.png

02/25/2006 Met Rong in person in Shenzhen, China

03/25/2006 Sent I-129F package to NSC

04/04/2006 Touched - received NOA1

07/03/2006 Touched - received RFE - IMBRA form

08/12/2006 Received NOA2 letter in the mail today!!

08/30/2006 NVC received case and assigned case number

09/07/2006 NVC sent case to China - Guangzhou Consulate

12/03/2006 Rong received P3 package!!!

01/11/2007 Rong received P4 and official interview date (soon, very soon!)

02/08/2007 Scheduled date for Rong's interview at Guangzhou Consulate

02/08/2007 Interview went smoothly

02/26/2007 Rong entered the USA via Chicago

03/16/2007 Rong and Steve are married!!

03/30/2007 Applied for AOS and EAD.

06/10/2007 Received RFE - I693A required

07/25/2007 Sent completed I693A back

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Have you tried counseling???? You have your NOA2...would that not allieviate some stress on the situation? A couselor might be able to help you two cut thru the fighting bs to let you both see how much you love one another.

Coming on a 90 day and having no 'roots' is pretty hard. It does get easier! Is it a case of this visit just clouding everything? Because when he'd be here the next time, he'd be here for good...and being able to fly on his own, like having a job, making friends of his own, etc. When I lived in the UK, the adjustment was soooo hard in the beginning because I was so dependant on D that it had us at each other more than we ever would have been. But that was really mostly me lashing out, because I felt like such a fish out of water there. As I settled in and got my bearings and made a life of my own....girlfriends, knowing the public transport & doing things on my own, my own gym membership, etc....things calmed down and it was all quite lovely.

I'm really sorry to hear this and hope that you two find the path that best works for you. Temporary stress does play a big factor in things, and this uncertainty of this whole process can be so awful.

I hope you don't think I'm too presumptuous here, just wanting to share my experience. But I wish you luck no matter what path you choose.

(L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So sorry to hear this news. I hope that you can recover from this desicion...my thoughts are with you.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

digbeezgrl, I think you are spot on about visiting for long time frames. It's not feasible for some couples due to visa restrictions, and others because of finances. But if it's at all possible to spend some extended time together, I agree that it can be revealing.

I hope you feel better soon. And it takes guts to come here and post your story. Big hugs for that.

Just saw LisaD's post. Some good insight there too.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry to hear about that.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

No advice or 'learn something', pearls of wisdom and all that- you have time for reflection later.

Just cry it out - as often as you need to, eat chocolate, sit through some smultzy movies in your comfiest pajamas, take some time off work and feel better when you're ready. Take care of yourself.

HUG HUG HUG

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about the breakup. You're right, the K1 Fiancee Visa process is an emotional rollercoaster. My beautiful angel Xiang realizes that I'm doing my very best to get her and our daughter here so that our family can be complete. She realizes the time and effort involved and praises me for all of the forms that I have filled out, the phone records, printouts of the emails to and from each other, the extremely long list of emails that I have sent the U.S. Consulate. I praise her as well for her patience, her understanding of the process, the many forms that she too had to complete, the 3 times that she submitted the forms to the U.S. Consulate, having to fax a form to them, we both have gone through a lot.

I have known my soulmate since July 20, 2005, I could never imagine living my life without her. To get back to the point of my reply, yes, this is an emotional rollercoaster, one that will test your patience again and again. Xiang has always been my crying shoulder, the only one that could ever understand me, she has been there through thick and thin, I owe her so much, pardon the cliche but she completes me and makes me whole, in fact since knowing her, since having her love I have become a better man than I could of ever imagined!!! To you Xiang I give my undying love!!!!!

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: Timeline

There is no doubt this process is brutal, both personally and as a couple. Next month will make one year since I filed the I-129F. I have not seen Mohammed for 16 months. Finances have made it impossible for me to travel to him again and its not possible for him to obtain a tourist visa to come here. Its not easy.

I think the fighting is common, especially for those who have been in this void for a long time. There is such a deep sense of frustration and fear of the unknown. The stress is incredible to try to maintain a long distance relationship, especially if you are having to rely on shoddy phone lines or unreliable internet connections. Couple that with all the time you spend dreaming of "what will be" the closer it comes and the reality sinks in, it can cause anyone to freak out a bit.

This is hard. It can leave scars. I think the best advice is to continue to embrace your life in a forgiving way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hey, im sorry to hear that, i hope you start to feel better soon :(

--

15 aug -- K-1 application posted to TSC

17 aug -- TSC receives application

no NOA1, USCIS says no record....

31 oct resubmitted

09 NOV money order cashed

08 NOV NOA1 date, yey! arrived in post 14th nov

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

That really sucks!!! but again, I think it was good that it ended they way it did and you guys did not get married, had children, etc...I am sure you'll find someone...

NOA1: March 27th 2006

Case transferred from NCS to CSC: June 6th 2006

Imbra RFE received at CSC: July 17th 2006

NOA2: August 31st 2006

Received NOA2 e-mail notification: September 1st 2006

Touched: September 7th 2006

NVC receipt letter and case number: September 22nd 2006

NVC sent case to embassy: September 22nd 2006

Embassy receives case: October 2nd 2006

Interview date at embassy: November 14th 2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just came back on this site to delete all my info and pics and the first thing i see is your post. Like you My journey ended the same way. Not the end of the road u were hoping for. It's tough. this process is freakin brutal to a relationship. Mine couldn't last. But I couldn't be happier now! My life is finaly going the way *I* want it to. not giving up my life and everything for a guy who wasnt worth it in the first place. Everything happens for a reason and if it is MEANT to be it will happen. Maybe its not meant to be! maybe in a few months u will look back on this and will be glad it happened. i was in TEARS constantly when mine ended. but now i see sooo much how this was the BEST thing that could happen in my life. just takes time. you will get through this!!! and come out stronger. Best of luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Well folks, it must be break-up time. After 160 days of waiting, I received my NOA2 via email.

Unfortunately, last night we decided to end the relationship. We just can't get along for more than 10 minute intervals, and the stress of not knowing how this would turn out was just too much for both of us.

I thought I'd be celebrating today as one of the happiest days of my life. Now, I cannot stop crying.

drlewis - I know how you feel - BELIEVE me.

To all the rest of you, I pray that you do not meet the same fate as me. This has been one hell of a ride, and not one that I will ever make an effort to do again.

Thanks to all of you for answering dumb questions, listening to me ###### and moan, and just generally offering a friendly ear when needed. You guys rock.

I'm really sorry to hear your news...This must be incredibly distressing for you. If there's anything we can do, please let us know...We're here for you.

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think Lisa and Rebecca have responded well. I to believe if it is possible everyone going through this should try spending an extended visit with one another before doing anything legally binding. LDR's are very different from being able to pop over to one anothers house, and learning about the person in a traditional way. We can only learn from being together and a week here or two weeks there, just hardly seem enough to claim you can live together for an eternity.

Digbeez, I wish you both well. It sounds as if it was a very mutual decision and that you are both accepting it for what it is. Pick up the pieces and move on the best you can. (F) Hugs to you both.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.