bogartnoir

it's been 6 months waiting for AOS :(

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so we got married may 7th.

we sent our application for aos on the 17th of may and haven't had even a touch since july.

like a bunch of jerks we didn't think to apply for I-131 because we thought he'd have his green card by now.

well now my husband would like to visit his family in ontario around christmas (we move across the country in february).

what options do we have here? i saw no option available for our situation on the infopass website. is there a phone number to call?

thanks in advance, guys!

Edited by bogartnoir

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can always apply for the I-131 now, send in a copy of your NOA as proof for not having to pay. Not sure if you would be able to get it expedited to go up for the holidays though, you can try. Also not sure how long they are taking to approve right now, but I think thats really the only option you have. He might not be able to go up for Xmas exactly with this if it takes the same length mine did to approve (60 days) but he would be able to visit in January sometime hopefully then.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

One of the July filers actually did this. They sent in a copy of their NOA as well as a letter asking for expedite because of impending travel and it was approved lightning fast. Of course, what works for one wont work for all but it's worth a shot if he wants to travel back to Canada before the year is out.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another option is to make an InfoPass appointment and they should be able to do something temporary for you so that you can leave and return without any problems while you wait for the AP...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

i never applied for the i-131 as i have no need or want to go back. as for the GC taking this long. i was told i had to wait til 6 months after the transfer date (which was in june) before i was considered outside processing times. i'm not even allowed to call back USCIS for info even until the end of the month and we filed back in May..:( Make an Infopass appointment, if that doesn't work contact your congressman. CSC is getting ridiculous with this.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Actually, the AOS has gone faster since my day, so I think six months is good. :lol:

Definitely take your NOA and completed I-131 to an InfoPass appointment. Choose any option which comes closest to your situation. The point is to get an appointment. Their automated system is way past due being updated wrt process.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Actually, the AOS has gone faster since my day, so I think six months is good. :lol:

Definitely take your NOA and completed I-131 to an InfoPass appointment. Choose any option which comes closest to your situation. The point is to get an appointment. Their automated system is way past due being updated wrt process.

Be that as it may, it still feels like i get kicked in the stomach everytime i see someone who applied in july or later get their GC. Thus my lack of attendance on the boards lately.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Be that as it may, it still feels like i get kicked in the stomach everytime i see someone who applied in july or later get their GC. Thus my lack of attendance on the boards lately.

I feel your pain. I felt that way when someone else got their Green Card this month who applied in August. I also felt kicked in the stomach when all of the sudden K-1 Visas were being cranked out when I had waited for 8 months.

On top of that they lost our medical which is causing us major delays. We haven't even gotten the second medical back yet to send off the response to the RFE.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The wait really does suck, and it wouldn't be half as bad if there were not tons of people who in July and Aug who already have been approved. I have had touches on my AOS but it has gone from being at CSC to a "USCIS Office" back to CSC, now it is back at a "USCIS Office". I am glad that I finally have my EAD so at least we have some extra income coming in. But I do plan on naturalizing, and since the date for that begins when the GC is issued, it is going to take that much longer for me to be able to apply. If I don't hear back by the end of the month, I will contact my congressmans office again. They really helped a lot with my biometrics issue. It can't hurt to try.

Timeline

I know this won't help you (or maybe it will who knows) but you guys should hear back soon. I filed my AOS last year at the end of June and didn't get my greencard until my birthday Nov 20th. Still quicker than you guys, but I also watched those who applied way after me (September) get their greencard before me. I also watched people who applied before me still waiting.

Like others have mentioned, it can't hurt to schedule an InfoPass.

It's always a crapshoot!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.