BB & MJ

December 2010 Manila Embassy Interview Thread

126 posts in this topic

Good luck, I dont think it will be a big deal to re-schedule, as long as slots are available. Yeah it was a head ache for me too. However, my operator was pretty good about it, checked against case number and my fiancées name. I do believe her that its not in the system. It just left NVC last Thurs. Was a long shot, did you try to explain your situation and get a later appointment??? I am hoping for anything after the 15th myself.

Thanks bro. Yes, I did explain my situation to her (arriving on the 12th) but she said that was the "only" available date. So I scheduled it anyways. I guess now I'll just have to plan like it will be happening on the 10th. I've already made a note to myself that I'll be calling this Sunday 28th (Monday Manila) to see if some "later" slots are available. I too am looking for that week (preferably Dec. 16 or 17th). I hope I can do it. I really want to accompany her, for support sake. As for your case buddy, you should try calling Thanksgiving day (Friday there), it should be there by then. Good luck bud! Wish for me as well. I hope we all can communicate and let each other know what dates they got. :thumbs:

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I also scheduled ours. He will be here on the 9th, arriving at around 10pm at night...and the interview is next day 7am...whew! Wish us luck! Good luck guys... this is it! Who will have their interview somewhere between 1-7 of December? Maybe we can go together...:) This is it!!:)

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

Timeline

I need to reschedule...:( Coz the only open slot is until 9th... I really wish they will open new slots... :( God please please please

Timeline

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

I need to reschedule...:( Coz the only open slot is until 9th... I really wish they will open new slots... :( God please please please

Yeah I need to reschedule also. I got the 10th. I'm going to try again later this week or next and see if the next batch of slots are open. I'm looking for the 16th or 17th myself. Good luck. Let's keep each other informed..... :thumbs:

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

@BB & MJ and mcdsnight...Congratz on scheduling an interview. :star: I hope you can still get the date you want.

Idaho_and_surigao...You're next! :thumbs: Remember...don't listen to the script readers at the call center if they tell you to call back in two weeks...instead...call every day. If they ask you whether your fiancée has received a notification from the Embassy that she is eligible to schedule an interview...tell them "yes." :thumbs: Good luck! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@BB & MJ and mcdsnight...Congratz on scheduling an interview. :star: I hope you can still get the date you want.

Idaho_and_surigao...You're next! :thumbs: Remember...don't listen to the script readers at the call center if they tell you to call back in two weeks...instead...call every day. If they ask you whether your fiancée has received a notification from the Embassy that she is eligible to schedule an interview...tell them "yes." :thumbs: Good luck! :)

Thanks Tahoma. I hope so. Bhebe is 5 months pregnant with our 2nd, and we really need to come to the US before Feb 1. I am ok if the interview is pushed to early Jan, but thats pretty much the latest. Did you ever here back from USEM in re. your email?

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Thanks Tahoma. I hope so. Bhebe is 5 months pregnant with our 2nd, and we really need to come to the US before Feb 1. I am ok if the interview is pushed to early Jan, but thats pretty much the latest. Did you ever here back from USEM in re. your email?

I have not heard anything from the Embassy. However, it's great news that they started scheduling interviews again for K-1erz. You should be able to make an interview appointment within the next few days. :thumbs: Keep the faith...and keep calling those guys! :)

idaho_and_surigao, keep us informed if new slots are available for the 3rd week of December (13th to 17th). I'm going to try calling again probably tomorrow....Thanks my friend and good luck to you!

Timeline

yup please keep is informed...I so wish they will still open slots...

What you think guys?

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

yup please keep is informed...I so wish they will still open slots...

What you think guys?

I think that persistence pays off...just keep calling them! :thumbs:

Good luck! :star:

Timeline

:thumbs:

thanks Tahoma, Chazzie and BB. if it wasn't for the fact that i want my son's school to give him an early finals (either end of January or Early February), i'd have them here in time for christmas. but of course, with the whole process...i kinda went through my savings and will need a little bit more time to save up for the $2K for their tickets. so i'll have to settle for mid February. but it's ok...it'll be in time for my youngest son's 5th bday in March!

Chaz...wag ka ma-discourage. you'll get your interview soon rin! i'll cross my fingers for you and BB to get your interview scheduled soon.

thank u! yay!Dec 14 is coming up.Lapit na interview ng family mo ah!I'll keep u in my prayers!:blush: No available slots yet as of yesterday but I'll try again later.:thumbs:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

man that sucks lots of people waiting. i feel bad kse not all of us got scheduled. pero i'll pray for you guys to get scheduled soon. it's funny kse those who got scheduled at an earlier date than me are trying to get the week i am in. kme ni mrs nomad was hoping theirs was the previous week. hirap kse ng date namin is its the quarterly exams of ouroldest son msid next month. and when the wife called, they dont know yet if it will start on the 14th (which is the day of their interview) or the 15th. hopefully its the latter.

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Timeline

Yay!:D

Dex is sched on Dec 1st at 7am! wooh0oo!:dance:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.