Eli the Barrowboy

Dublin as Port of Entry

6 posts in this topic

Hey there,

Our daughter is entering the US on Wednesday and is coming through Dublin so that will be her point of entry so to speak.

I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate of how long she should allow herself and what to expect ... she's young and nervous and will be traveling solo.

She is arriving at the airport (providing the bus gets there on time) at 8.30am and her flight is at 1pm. I'm assuming that gives her time to get checked in, get through the horrendous security and then get to the US Immigration section.

So, any help or additional info would be much appreciated by us both. I am compiling the info for her into a dossier along with things like how to connect in Chicago (from memory of a trip two years ago).

Thanks.

R.

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

How young is young? Most US airlines have rules about the ages when young adults/children can begin traveling alone! I'm asking to give you better advice!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Chicago has a looooooooot of very nice helpfull people. If she gets confused or stuck and sees someone with an airline jacket on all she needs to do is ask one of them how to get to her gate. They have a lot of really big signs over head too with pretty clear directions. Been through chicago airport A LOT recently.

If shes got the same airline name through her whole trip she will likely stay in the same section and it wouldnt be too hard to locate her next gate. If she has a different airline for her next flight she will need to check the monitors most likely to find what section she needs to make a dash for.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Thanks guys,

She's actually 18 so there's no trouble with the airlines ... but to me she's still my little girl .. she's been flying over here for years now solo or with her brother and never had any trouble .. I'm just a worrier.

Thanks for the ORD info ... it's good to know that people will be able to help her ... she gets into T5 then transfers to T1 (usually) to switch to United from Aer Lingus.

Hopefully it goes smooth ... I've been on Flightstats for weeks seeing if the flights are on time every day ... ha ha.

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just tell her to keep a constant check on her gate. I noticed Chicago LIKES to change gates A LOT and at the last minute!!!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.